The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Red crit war advice?

Wavytron

Question

Hey guys take a look at my build, should I swap out true steel for organ shatter? Add/remove anything?

- Blood Rush

- Body Count

- Pressure Point

- Primed Heavy Trauma

- Collision Force

- Primed Reach

- Berserker

- True Steel (Organ shatter?)

Please any feedback at all would greatly be appreciated!

7 answers to this question

swap both Impact Mods for the appropriate Elemental Combo for the Enemies you'll be fighting.

whether you want more Crit Chance or Crit Damage is up to you though. in assumption that you'll be active in Melee, Crit Chance will be plenty high enough from Blood Rush IMO, and would go with Crit Damage.

but you don't really have any Damage until you put Elementals on.

For high level enemies you will really need some elemental damage, preferably instead of the two impact mods since while impact may be it's main damage type, elemental damage that the enemy is weak to will always out-damage it. And yes, swap out True Steel for Organ Shatter. Blood Rush will give you all the crit chance you need. But otherwise build however you play. I sometimes use Lifestrike instead of either Pressure Point or Primed Reach depending on whether or not the warframe needs the heals. Wukong can just recast Defy and any warframe that can self heal like Inaros, Valkyr and Trinity don't need it, but a frame like Chroma who relies on self damage to get buffs will definitely want to have lifestrike on hand.

Actually, I've been running raw impact ( no element ) on my Valkyr ( Warcry, not Hysteria ) / War setup for a while now and it's insanely good.  Yes, the damage boost to specific faction / types can see a similar push, but what you see more in instances like that is the procs themselves being of value, as well as how long you're going to be in a mission ( 1-2+ hours in a T4S, versus a level 38 Exterminate, etc. ).  For 'short burst' / defense type killing streaks ( Where your combo counter may fall off in between waves, etc. ), the True Steel is okay, as you'll reach red crits much sooner, with a lower combo wind up time in those fall off events.  Otherwise, where enemies don't stop spawning ever, it's very correct that you don't need it, since maintaining your combos will keep your crit more than high enough.  The draw of the double impact, is the 120% and 165% mods, while only effecting Impact on the weapon, may do more damage ( pre-faction / mitigation ) than 2 90% elementals, which pull from your total base IPS.

Of course, if anyone has hard math and feels like sharing, education is always welcome!  From personal experience, you'll do 'far more than enough damage' for anything under 1+ hour T4S / Start Chart enemies with the impact setup, regardless of faction.  Beyond that, is when you'll really want to start custom tailoring, but run what feels right / feels easier and more effective to you!

Edited by Ishixia

7 hours ago, Ishixia said:

Actually, I've been running raw impact ( no element ) on my Valkyr ( Warcry, not Hysteria ) / War setup for a while now and it's insanely good.  Yes, the damage boost to specific faction / types can see a similar push, but what you see more in instances like that is the procs themselves being of value, as well as how long you're going to be in a mission ( 1-2+ hours in a T4S, versus a level 38 Exterminate, etc. ).  For 'short burst' / defense type killing streaks ( Where your combo counter may fall off in between waves, etc. ), the True Steel is okay, as you'll reach red crits much sooner, with a lower combo wind up time in those fall off events.  Otherwise, where enemies don't stop spawning ever, it's very correct that you don't need it, since maintaining your combos will keep your crit more than high enough.  The draw of the double impact, is the 120% and 165% mods, while only effecting Impact on the weapon, may do more damage ( pre-faction / mitigation ) than 2 90% elementals, which pull from your total base IPS.

Of course, if anyone has hard math and feels like sharing, education is always welcome!  From personal experience, you'll do 'far more than enough damage' for anything under 1+ hour T4S / Start Chart enemies with the impact setup, regardless of faction.  Beyond that, is when you'll really want to start custom tailoring, but run what feels right / feels easier and more effective to you!

I'm going to STRONGLY argue against putting True Steel over Organ Shatter

according to http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Critical_Hit

Red Crit Multiplier = (Crit Multiplier x 2) - 1

no organ shatter would mean you'd be getting only a 3x multiplier from red crits while using a build with organ shatter already has you landing regular crits at a 3.8x multiplier. Sure with True Steel you can get berserker sooner, but it doesn't take long for you to be landing crits practically all the time regardless due to how easy it is to start up berserker even with 20% crit unless your team is shooting everything down.

Also agreed - I didn't mean to word that as it may have sounded, but I never run without Organ Shatter.  I've been swapping Collision force and True Steel out for one another ( 'Star Chart versus actual 'end game' missions ).  OS never leaves.