The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spear & Shield Concepts in all faction flavours (Concept-Art - Animations inside) Update All Stats and Descriptions! (12/2/2017)

Scharkie

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Vanguard-Lycan said:

Damnit Scharkie, my undergarments can't handle these concepts, they're too good. 

Hmn, just wondering, would the Grineer  spear do impact damage? To me it looks more blunt than sharp

Find out this week as stats will be added :)

• 2 weeks later...

Was actually planning on doing a few small concepts before i started working on a Prime Spear, but after seeing the Vauban Prime trailer my head started making up all kinds of awesome ideas for prime weapons, and like that if started making the Spear head:

bArhKVh.jpg

Some of the stats bother me:

1.) Grineer spear is named after a mythical blazing-hot spear, yet it's primary damage type is impact, with no fire damage to be found.

2.) Grineer and Corpus spears have the same exact stats. Exactly the same. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having different spears?

3.) Corpus melee are traditionally energy damage, and the design you show features an energy blade/laser. Yet the damage type is impact.

4.) With so many different damage types, it will be difficult to maximize the potential of the Infested spear.

2 hours ago, Kyotra said:

Some of the stats bother me:

1.) Grineer spear is named after a mythical blazing-hot spear, yet it's primary damage type is impact, with no fire damage to be found.

2.) Grineer and Corpus spears have the same exact stats. Exactly the same. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having different spears?

3.) Corpus melee are traditionally energy damage, and the design you show features an energy blade/laser. Yet the damage type is impact.

4.) With so many different damage types, it will be difficult to maximize the potential of the Infested spear.

as for stats i dont go so far, but if checked the images their source and it seems imgur double pasted the corpus stats, making it not a copy of the grineer stats but being the stats of the grineer set. Will try and snoop up the original stats image.

GOOD SPOT

19 hours ago, Scharkie1333 said:

as for stats i dont go so far, but if checked the images their source and it seems imgur double pasted the corpus stats, making it not a copy of the grineer stats but being the stats of the grineer set. Will try and snoop up the original stats image.

GOOD SPOT

Ah, I was hoping it was a typo.

On 8-3-2016 at 10:51 PM, dummifighter said:

This post is almost perfect!!!

Just one major flaw...

Hidden Content

Only got 2 spears left to make, wich I am sure of I will animate at release. After taht ill probally animate the tenno spear. cephalon set. sentient set.

For the infested set however I will have to look into redesigning the parts that will get animated as the current infested set appears as 1 solid object.

SOON

• 5 weeks later...

Added Tenno Spear & Cephalon Spear & Shield animations!

Will work on Sentient Animations pretty soon. Infested spear will need some tweaks before it can be animated :(

(sorry if quaility is a bit bad as im experimenting with new ways of converting the animations to .GIF)

EDIT: Also added Prime Spear & Shield zoom options, dont know why I didnt added those from release :P

Edited by Scharkie1333

• 2 weeks later...

Some quick sentient Animations have been added. Dont expect any new upadtes on this soon as I am going on vacation soon.

When I pickup worka gain ill start off with the Conclave Set > Revisiting the Infested spear to animate it > Make the mutalist set and finish this project.

Cya till then!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I loved this! The only real input I may have is to make the spears less 'bulky'  Greneer design looks more like a mace than a spear. But the concept is awesome!
I too feel the lack of an actual 'spear' or 'lance' (or even pike) weapon class. Some longe range weapons focused in thrusting and small side cuts

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All animations have been uploaded.

jExfHK2.jpg

Sniff Sniff it has been a amazing run, but just like growing children, I will have to let this concept go and let it live its own life.

Thanks for all who passed by.

Edited by Scharkie1333