The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to get specific Void Keys?

Ndog921

Question

Lately I've been trying to farm up specific void keys, but any info on where I can get them either ends up being wrong (looking at you wiki >_>), or the advice is over a year old and idk if its still relevant. Is there an updated source that I can use to find out the best place to get specific keys?

Or if anyone could tell me the best place to get these keys: T2 Exterminate, T3 Survival, and T4 Sabotage? 

thanks for any help

Edit: so it seems that you can only look for the Tower level and the rest is RNG, but from a lot of things I read while googling around, it seemed like certain missions had a higher chance of dropping certain types (like T2 defense or something). It seems this is just untrue?

Also, if Tier 3 missions have a higher chance at T2 keys still, would I be better off just doing a tier 3 for both t2 and t3?

Edited by Ndog921

7 answers to this question

T4 keys are the hardest to obtain as they require you to do 20 minutes survival/defense or 4 waves on an interception missions.
All T3 keys can be acquired from tier 3 spy missions (Eris,Neptune,Ceres and Pluto) and excavations (Hieracon on Pluto or Triton on Neptune, keep in mind that the drop table have T2 keys as well with way higher drop-chance)
Same for the T2 keys, but you just have to do tier 2 spy/excavation missions.
You can find the tiered spy and excavation missions on the wikia
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Spy_2.0
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Excavation

I agree, I do wish there was some consistent way of getting desired keys. With that being said, in my experience, I've gotten good T2 and T3 keys in Wendell on Phobos. I've gotten Survival, Defense, Exterminate, and Mobile Defense keys for T2 and T3 there. I've also gotten a good number of cores there as well. I don't recall getting Sabotage there, but I don't see why it wouldn't drop there. It doesn't help that the keys it tells you you've gotten in game aren't necessarily the keys you leave with at the end of the game. That glitch should seriously be looked at. As for T4 Sabotage keys though, I'm not entirely sure where you'd get those. I wouldn't mind learning about where one can go to farm T4 Sabotage and T4 Exterminate keys. 

There isn't a "specific" ways to farm "specific" keys. All you can do is follow the Wikis and farm for Tiers of key (i.e. T1 or T2 or T3 or T4). As for what game mode those keys entail, each mission drop table usually include several types (i.e. a place that drop any T2 keys -meaning- T2 extermine or T2 survival, etc.).

Warframe mantra's is there's RNG in RNG. Good luck, fellow Tenno. 

Mostly, you don't.

You simply go to a node where the tier of key you're interested in can come from then run the mission until you get what you want. This is the basis of key farming.

If you're thinking that you might find yourself doing this a lot, you'd be correct.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Today you need those three keys, but tomorrow (next prime access) you'll need different ones.  There is no such thing as a bad key to get.

Pretty much this.

Farming keys to stockpile for the next PA is pretty much conforming to the 7Ps in Warframe.