The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Detron; MR Fodder or Decent

(PSN)Mordred_Tumultu

Question

So, I got lucky and scored all the Detron parts in just two Zanuka kills. It's maxed out now, but without a potato and polarities, it's pretty weak in comparison to my Lex Prime, Synoid Gammacor, and Spira Prime. Is the Detron worth keeping, or should I sell it because hand-shotguns are nothing compared to real shotguns? It felt... okay unmodded, better than the Pyrana, but it still doesn't feel that great. I just want to know so I don't have to get lucky enough to get it again.

5 answers to this question

I've only used the Mara Detron so far, which has a higher clip size and fire rate compared to the original. Not that much different. But I think it's safe to say, the weapon is fairly good and I recommend it. And the weapon is exceptionally powerful against Grineer due to its innate Radiation damage. The 1 second reload also helps to keep you in the fight with minimum delay. Also, the shots have no damage falloff, which is really nice. Though, this is compensated by the large spread of the projectiles at medium to long range. However, I found it pretty fun to watch all the colourful projectiles fly towards my enemies. The Mara Detron is now my main semi-auto secondary whenever I run with a Vectis Prime or a bow. My Lex Prime is collecting dust now because of it. :3

Edited by Knightmare047

The regular Detron is a decent weapon against the Grineer because of the base radiation damage and can be modded for both types of Grineer armor with one weapon.

It's a decent weapon IMO, but it's up to you if you like it or not. There also is a better variant out there that can be sold by our "friend" Baro Ki Teer.