The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can someone explain how Draco works?

Gravitas2

Question

12 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Gravitas2 said:

I heard Draco is good for exp and orokin cells but I heard that specific builds are needed for this. Can anyone give me a good guide on Draco farming?

There are two paths of Draco:

1. PUG life. Just join the pug run, there are generally some open. Do not use Draco for frame level (this is top level mission enemies hit hard). You can also use Ash/Excaibur for focus farm. This runs will not hit 4th wave. You still get 70k on weapon per wave, with no drama.
  2. As Acebaur described.

Well it done as an organized group. You need an RJ Excalibur, EV Trinity, an frame that can buff the excal like Frost or Rhino and then a usually a Frost for the snow globe protection. The  you cap the two closest points to your spawn and then stand on the box and Excal kills everything with RJ while Trin provides the energy. 

No, just kill stuff and make sure that you have at least 3/4 of the points captured. Some builds are better for farming, but you don't need certain ones for it to work.

I Focus farm using an eternal WoF Ember Prime, but that's just because of the mechanics of Focus. I also go there mess around using a Mesa and Telos Akboltos.

Edited by Insizer

It is a good place to get xp, but not like other people suggested, you can just go there with anything.

1. There is a squad build that works efficiently and can get you a lot of xp: Radial Javalin Excalibur, EV Trinity, Frost and a frame that buffs them like Rhino. You capture 2/3 towers, everyone stand in the middle with Frost protecting them, Trinity provide energy, Excalibur spam Radial Javalin to kill and Rhino buffs the strength to kill fater.
Pros: Efficient and doesn't require any effort. Safe.
Cons: Long and boring. Require spesific frames.

2. You can just go there with any frame and get the same result. Just put on Public matchmaking, go to Draco, there is usually a squad already there.
Pros: Can use any frame, even to rank up. More fun because you don't sit there smashing the 3 button to RJ or sitting doing nothing and watching the xp flows.
Cons: Sometimes less efficient, depends on your squad's skills. There is a chance that a random guy with an unranked frame will join and he will me more of a leech rather then helping. There is also a chance that a random unranked frame will join but actually helps.

Don't believe the people that say that you have to take option 1 to make it in Draco, I did it many time to round 4 with random frames even unranked. It's your choice what to do. They have a point because it's much safer, but it depends on the squad. I had some times that I did option 2, carried everyone and lost, but once again, it depends on the squad.

If you don't want the chance to get a random noob on option 2, go to the recuiting chat and write "H> Draco, random frames".

It's a interception mission, the only difference is that is a small map with a high density of targets therefore your almost always in the shared affinity range.

I would suggest you PUG it first , bring any frame you want that can handle mobs at that level, normally 4 rounds is the most anyone goes in A PUG.

4 rounds of Draco  (20-30 minutes) will almost level any weapon or frame from 0-30 with no booster, it is popular for this reason. 

It's the most efficient method in the game to multi-forma anything.

With PUG Draco there is a risk of smart players joining with level 7 frames, dieing multiple times and then ragequiting. :-(

With recruit group squad have common goal and that is nice.

Side question: anbody tested some other frame combo for 4th wave which is also a easy mode but not RJ? LIke Limbo + Ember?

Edited by felixsylvaris

Capture C and D.  Then Nuetral A until your % is higher then enemy.  stand on the Box near D, and spam your most powerful room clearing ability.  if you run out of energy, quite the game and get a Triity.  If you cant kill them fast enough, get a Buffer.  If you still keep dying, get a frost to protect you. 

Congrats, you can now draco! and you have now sucked all enjoyment of the game