Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Void in Unreal Tournament

Mathisku

Hi there, fellow Warframe players!

I am a student following a Game Graphics Production module at my college. One of my courses is Level Editing. For this course, our exam was to create a 1v1 Duel map for the new Unreal Tournament. My first map didn't quite cut it, and so I have to do a retake sometime around August, however I am allowed to start working on the map whenever I have the time for it. For my retake I was thinking about recreating one of the rooms in the Orokin Void tileset as a Duel map for Unreal Tournament and I was wondering if the Warframe playerbase would be interested in seeing this made. If you are, please let me know as I will then try to keep this thread updated with my progress and I feel like it would be an extra bit of motivation.

I've already got a room from the tileset in mind, but you're free to leave a suggestion. There are only 2 conditions:

1. It's a Duel map for 2 players, so it can't be too big.
  2. The map cannot be symmetrical, so no hallway type rooms.

That's it, really. I'm going to make the level in Unreal regardless, I just wanted to check if you guys would be interested in following its progress, so please do let me know! :)

Do keep in mind that I still have other courses throughout the semester and all of them come with a substantial amount of assignments. (Seriously I have to make 2 whole games from scratch by the end of the semester, and that's just for 2 of the 4 courses I currently have.) So consider yourself warned that progress might be late, and/or very slow. It all depends on how much free time I have throughout this semester.

One thing is for sure; the deadline for my Level Editing will be August / Early September, so it should be done by then, because if it's not, well then I'm in trouble. And we don't want that. No. No we don't.

So yeah, go ahead and tell me what you think, and I'll talk to you soon!

-Math

Just now, Mathisku said:

Hi there, fellow Warframe players!

I am a student following a Game Graphics Production...

-Math

I'm in a similar program, in my 2nd year, would be happy to provide feedback and would enjoy following along for the ride

• 2 weeks later...

I finally managed to collect some screenshots as reference for the room that I want to make :D

I've got 2 weeks of Easter break coming up so I'll try my best to start building a blockout for the level in those two weeks. The other deadlines and assignments I have are my priority though. Right now this project is more something I will be working on in any free time I may have. The intense labour will be, as I said before, during the summer. If I knew how, I would place a screenshot of the room I'm going to build here, but as you can probably see this is my first forum post, so I have no clue how to do that or if that's even possible. It doesn't seem to be, though, so I'll have to find a different way to show you guys progress screenshots later on.

Oh, and AEP8FlyBoy and Shreiko, thank you for your enthusiasm and support for this project, it means a lot :D

On 11.3.2016 at 0:09 AM, Mathisku said:

The map cannot be symmetrical, so no hallway type rooms.

Absolutely not symmetrical or just not symmetrical along both horizontal axes? The small CtC map could be cool. On the other hand, so many details (and so much water).

Anyway, yeah, it would certainly be cool to see pics of the different steps with a description of what you're doing. Maybe you'll even make it into Prime Time. :)

Edited by Bibliothekar