The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help with elements

LemonEnterprise

Question

I really want to mod my own weapon in my own style but i am really confused with what kind of elements i should use to go up against different faction. Can someone please make a list of what elements to use for different faction, i think i know magnetic is for corpus but i am not really sure, if there are 2 different element that is strong against that faction can you guys please show it to me :) Thanks in advance.

Edit: I saw that in one of the builds, for grineer they brought radiation but in a cheat sheet it says that corrosive is better, can someone clarify that?

Edited by LemonEnterprise

4 answers to this question

Radiation and Corrosive are good for armored enemies, but you could go with either.

Radiation does better with Alloy Armor targets like Bombards and Napalms. Procing radiation will confuse the enemy, making them attack teammates.

Corrosive is better with Ferrite Armor targets like Heavy Gunners and Troopers. Procing Corrosive will strip 25% of their base armor.

You could use either damage type, although you want to get rid of those harder armored enemies in the Grineer army, like Bombards and Napalms, in which case you use Radiation, but if you have a weapon that can proc Corrosive very quickly (Like the Lacera or Prisma Grakata) then you can go with Corrosive.

Grineer: Radiation and Viral

Corpus: Magnetic and Toxin

Void and Infested: Corrosive and Fire/Cold

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Corrosive (toxin+elec) is good on anything with armor and is what I use on most of my builds when not building for straight damage or criticals. Viral(cold+toxin) cuts down on enemy health. Good but flesh is softer than armor so I would rather have help with the armor reduction instead. Radiation ( heat+elec) is good against high level armor and can cause confusion in enemies but I prefer corrosive still because it can stack with corrosive projection aura for a boost. Magnetic (cold+elec)is mostly worthless except for shields but then the armor is still an issue after the shield is down. Gas ( heat+toxin) is your friend when it comes to infested. So basically corrosive for anything in armor and gas for infested. Hope this helps.

P.S. I build mostly hybrids for elemental and damage so I try to keep it simple

Edited by (PS4)ffaddict789