The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ports suddenly a problem? (PS4) (Solved)

(PSN)M37h3w3

Question

I've been playing Warframe for quite some time just fine but took a day off yesterday to game on my XBox. Since it's one internet cable I've been pulling into the current device as needed. This has never caused a problem and again been gaming on Warframe just fine for years. But after yesterday, I plug in and load up Warframe and all of a sudden I'm getting error messages that I need to open UDP ports 4950 & 4955 and open TCP port range 6695-6699.

I'm not that technically literate and my father is in charge of the home network, there is a special setup involved between two routers, and he opened both sets of ports (4950 and 4955) and the port range (6695-6699) and I'm still getting the error message.

Again I've never had a problem in the years that I've been playing Warframe until today and we didn't change anything on our end here aside from me just not plugging my internet cable into my Playstation for almost a day.

Edit: It does look like the servers are borked. Can't load into dojo, can't group with anyone, chat works, getting randomly kicked to title screen. My entire clan has been having problems.

Edited by (PS4)M37h3w3

3 answers to this question

Depending on how the router setup was done, it may have been pointed towards a specific internal IP address. Unless that address is reserved for your Playstation, it could be reassigned or offset by the router upon reconnecting the cable. If anything, ask your father to check that the IP the ports are being forwarded to is assigned to your Playstation, otherwise maybe see if he can reserve an IP for it and set the forwarding to that IP. (I could be completely wrong here, however when it comes to port forwarding issues I find this to be the culprit more often than not.)

Edit: I did of course forget to mention that there have been many server issues today, this could well be the problem too.

Edited by iPathos
Addition of info