Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Valkyr's armor be nerfed?

Gordon9106

1 hour ago, Gordon9106 said:

600 armor for a beserk frame,it is still too high. At least reduce it by 50 or a hundred.

And yet you do not give a valid reason why it needs a nerf. Valkyr is a melee frame that is up close in the face of enemies and her armour scales well for survivability. Instead of making posts with useless comments that don't explain why the frame needs a nerf than they're as good as useless. Valkyr's fine, if you can present a good valid point of a rework  or why something might be too overpowered/unfair to other players than it would be more likely listened to,

55 minutes ago, Meneliki said:

If a number of other frames weren't capable of god mode, i'd agree. But valkyr is not unique in her invul-ness which leads me to beleive that invicibility is intended design for this game.

I disagree and i'm not interested in debating. I could name every possible way to make Valkyr perfect without invulnerability - people would still complain and throw tantrums.

33 minutes ago, Kaoru_Sugimura said:

If they took that away then they would have to remove the forced melee. Zephyr can pop  Turbulence and while in corpus missions be near impossible to kill with a half-assed player all while having her weapons available. Mesa, a dps frame, has  Shatter Shield which reduces all incoming dmg by 95%, while having her weapons available. Equinox with  Pacify can reduce enemy dmg by 89%, granted she would need a trin ev for late game. Mirage, one of the strongest DPS frames in the game, has  Eclipse which, while in shade, provides 95% dmg mitigation, while being able to use her weapons. Chroma while using  Elemental Ward gains 448.5% armor, reflected dmg and a massive dmg buff from Vex (8.9x) on top of a 10x armor multiplier AND he can use his weapons.

Yea, all of a sudden that "OP" hysteria doesn't seem so OP huh? :p

See above.

Absolutely none of what you said is a good argument or comparison for Valkyr keeping Invulnerability. I'm well aware of all abilities.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

Hmm....No.

Warcry exists if you'd like to replace it with damage reduction and Life Strike with efficiency mods (Focus Energy and Reflex Coil) to mimic that unneeded change.

Why would anyone want Warcry replaced with damage reduction if she has Hysteria's invulnerability? That would be the most redundant and unneeded change. Warcry already boosts armor, attack speed, and reduces enemy speed.

Again, not interested in debating. Don't waste your time.

Just now, EmptyDevil said:

Why would anyone want Warcry replaced with damage reduction if she has Hysteria's invulnerability? That would be the most redundant and unneeded change. Warcry already boosts armor, attack speed, and reduces enemy speed.

Its the option for the "remove the invincibility from Hysteria" crowd. Rather than force their "anti-godmode" agenda on everyone who does play Valkyr when most of the crybabies are NOT playing her, you can simply not use it and build her for Warcry and make your weapon work like her claws.

Simple solution because you get your "damage reduction hysteria" and people who DON'T want that because 90%+ of a one shot is still a one shot get to keep their "super op, super close combat 'godmode'" that she's had for however long now.

Don't bother replying then since you don't know what you're talking about.

3 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

I disagree and i'm not interested in debating. I could name every possible way to make Valkyr perfect without invulnerability - people would still complain and throw tantrums.

See above.

Absolutely none of what you said is a good argument or comparison for Valkyr keeping Invulnerability. I'm well aware of all abilities.

If you were not interested in debating, why would you reply? <3

The thing about valkyr's invulnerability is that while it is much easier to achieve than other frames', it has a fraction of their utility. I believe that's the main balancing aspect for Hysteria. You gotta look past the "godmode" and see the whole picture.
Now, if they were to make valkyr's kit more complex as a whole, like they did with Saryn, -that- would be a change I'd appreciate, instead of straight up nerfing something that's already balanced.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

Its the option for the "remove the invincibility from Hysteria" crowd. Rather than force their "anti-godmode" agenda on everyone who does play Valkyr when most of the crybabies are NOT playing her, you can simply not use it and build her for Warcry and make your weapon work like her claws.

Simple solution because you get your "damage reduction hysteria" and people who DON'T want that because 90%+ of a one shot is still a one shot get to keep their "super op, super close combat 'godmode'" that she's had for however long now.

Don't bother replying then since you don't know what you're talking about.

Oh wow, i definitely couldn't have predicted you'd whine at me and become offended. It's absolutely pathetic that you'd resort to name calling and use the same weak+lazy argument of "don't use her then".

Like i said, i'm not going to debate and that is that. Quit being a child about it.

2 minutes ago, AntifaHooligan said:

If you were not interested in debating, why would you reply? <3

You clearly don't know the definition of 'debate' then. Here is the definition:

de·bate
dəˈbāt/
noun

1. 1.
    a formal discussion on a particular topic in a public meeting or legislative assembly, in which opposing arguments are put forward.
    synonyms: discussion, discourse, parley, dialogue; More

•  

verb

1. 1.
    argue about (a subject), especially in a formal manner.
    "the board debated his proposal"
    synonyms: discuss, talk over/through, talk about, thrash out, hash out, argue,dispute; More

Soooo how did you manage to think me replying to individuals that quoted me, means i am interested in having a debate about Valkyr's Hysteria?

Debate =/= reply.

*facepalm*

Spare us the wikipedia links to the definitions of words we're all very familiar with.

You said you disagree and you're not interested in debating. That makes no sense. I.E. "You're wrong, but I won't argue about why."

Sorry but that's just dumb. If you have an opinion, spit it. Everyone's viewpoint is subject to discussion.

Edited by Meneliki

You clearly don't know the definition of 'debate' then. Here is the definition:

de·bate
dəˈbāt/
noun

1. 1.
    a formal discussion on a particular topic in a public meeting or legislative assembly, in which opposing arguments are put forward.
    synonyms: discussion, discourse, parley, dialogue; More

•  

verb

1. 1.
    argue about (a subject), especially in a formal manner.
    "the board debated his proposal"
    synonyms: discuss, talk over/through, talk about, thrash out, hash out, argue,dispute; More

Soooo how did you manage to think me replying to individuals that quoted me, means i am interested in having a debate about Valkyr's Hysteria?

Debate =/= reply.

Wait are we having a dictionary battle? Alrighty then:  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

forum

noun  fo·rum  \ˈfȯr-əm\

Simple Definition of forum

• : a meeting at which a subject can be discussed

• : a place or opportunity for discussing a subject

• : a large public place in an ancient Roman city that was used as the center of business

Edited by AntifaHooligan

Oh wow, i definitely couldn't have predicted you'd whine at me and become offended. It's absolutely pathetic that you'd resort to name calling and use the same weak+lazy argument of "don't use her then".

Like i said, i'm not going to debate and that is that. Quit being a child about it.

Oh? I'm namecalling now? Anyone who makes the claim of "remove invincibility from Hysteria" clearly doesn't know why she has it to begin with and why it wasn't removed when it was turned from duration to toggle based falls into that category, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

But it's not even "don't use her", its "I don't like the way this one move works, so I'm going to make my own way to work it".

I even tried changing my build away from kit efficiency to just a warcry build (power strength, duration, and the augment which set the Hysteria drain to 5 or 6 energy per second) and it worked fine on a Moon Survival (solo mind you against Corpus and Sentients) until they started watering my health pretty badly to be forced into it around 40 or 45 minutes (Corpus Techs and Battalysts hit hard).

So I don't see the need to change what isn't broken. If you don't like Hysteria, fine, don't use it. Build her for Warcry and throw on Life Strike, Focus Energy, and Reflex Coil. Problem solved.

I'm not asking for a debate from you either, it wouldn't be an interesting affair for either of us considering your current poignant attitude.

3 minutes ago, Meneliki said:

*facepalm*

Spare us the wikipedia links to the definitions of words we're all very familiar with.

You said you disagree and you're not interested in debating. That makes no sense. I.E. "You're wrong, but I won't argue about why."

Sorry but that's just dumb. If you have an opinion, spit it. Everyone's view is subject to discussion.

It makes perfect sense. I state my opinion on the subject and that is that. Quit complaining because YOU want to argue. What you're doing now is what is dumb.

Just now, EmptyDevil said:

It makes perfect sense. I state my opinion on the subject and that is that. Quit complaining because YOU want to argue. What you're doing now is what is dumb.

Err....

...what? lol... uhh..... right... yeah.. cuz..

...what? 

*facepalm*

w/e. ib4 the lock.

1 hour ago, Valsako said:

Berserkers are intended for rushing straight at enemies head-on with a melee weapon and slashing them to death. It's only logical that the Berserker is going to be heavily armored. Do you think it'd be logical to have a frame designed for melee that dies just as easily as the frames intended for range? If anything, she could use even more armor.

FYI, the Vidjya Game trope Berserker has moderate Survivability (somewhere between average and 'high'), but is rewarded with survivability by Attacking Enemies, to incentivize being aggressive and Attacking as often as possible.
basically a Vampiric Archetype.

58 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

Also Acrid isn't that bad. Nowhere close to its old OP glory but, hey, a lot of weapon got it worse when Damage 2.0 happened.

Acrid was pretty disgusting back then. all you really need to do is imagine a single shot instantly Killing basically any Enemy in the game up to ~Lv50.

and it's a pretty competitive Weapon nowadays, yes! people just overlook it because 'was nerfed into useless' (which is not true at all). the backloaded Damage means that when Damage actually matters (Lv60+), the 3-4 shots you'd be using to Kill with anything that doesn't deal Sniper Rifle Damage - Acrid out damages, from all of the applied DoT in that time frame.
if people only care about DPS, it's already >10,000 without ANY of the DoT accounted for, including the Augment Equipped which reduces frontloaded Damage potential (since it uses a Mod Slot.)
on top of that, 10% Status actually performs quite well, to the unknowing surprise to most Players - because Acrid is an Elemental Weapon. they tote their idunno, Marelok or something having 100% Status, except that's still only reaching a moderate Chance for a single Elemental Status per shot. which places Acrid and something like Marelok on pretty equal ground tbh Status wise.

Acrid fills it's intended role very well nowadays. whether a Player is interested in that role, is a different story ofcourse.

11 minutes ago, AntifaHooligan said:

Wait are we having a dictionary battle? Alrighty then:

i like you.
your spam isn't any better than the spam you're replying to, but i still like the response.

Edited by taiiat