The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrosive Projection or Steel Charge on Saryn

Rambit23Z

Question

Before anyone says one over the other, let me state some facts.

-Changing would require 2 forma to fit the build (Minor inconvenience)
-I play a lot of solo missions, slightly less public missions and rarely ever in a structured team with voicecoms
-I consider Saryn a melee frame and as such I use mostly melee with her
-As for which factions I fight: Grineer and Corrupted the most, then Corpus and lastly Infested

If you have mathematical calculations to back up your opinion it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Rambit23Z
Typo

6 answers to this question

Corrosive is objectively better because it will scale with the enemies armor value meaning that in missions where lvl 80 enemies start spawning it will still be taking huge chunks out of their armor.

Steel charge is nice but since weapon don't scale in missions its only a 60% damage buff.

Corrosive Projection is only useful if your enemies have armor to begin with (Most, if not all Corpus units have none), so as long as you forma'd your frame enough times to be able to accommodate all your mods with some mod power points to spare - you can fit in Steel Charge even if the polarity is wrong.
 Having a high status melee with Corrosive damage and potentially shattering impact (if the weapon has at least 1 point of impact damage) would allow you to tear their armor down with successive strikes, too, in case of facing a mixed group of enemies (as would be the case with the Corrupted), but the latter doesn't scale, so tearing down 8 armor per hit may eventually become pointless unless you hit them a few hundred times :(

This comes from a player who exclusively plays the game Solo and hasn\t min-maxed anything, tho :P

Edited by ScorpDK

4 hours ago, ScorpDK said:

Corrosive Projection is only useful if your enemies have armor to begin with (Most, if not all Corpus units have none), so as long as you forma'd your frame enough times to be able to accommodate all your mods with some mod power points to spare - you can fit in Steel Charge even if the polarity is wrong.
 Having a high status melee with Corrosive damage and potentially shattering impact (if the weapon has at least 1 point of impact damage) would allow you to tear their armor down with successive strikes, too, in case of facing a mixed group of enemies (as would be the case with the Corrupted), but the latter doesn't scale, so tearing down 8 armor per hit may eventually become pointless unless you hit them a few hundred times :(

This comes from a player who exclusively plays the game Solo and hasn\t min-maxed anything, tho :P

Well, she doesn't have issues dealing with health or shields as poison gets additional damage fighting health and bypasses shields....the only fraction that doesn't have armor is absolutely defenseless against her to begin with...

It has to be cp for her damage. Utility is also a nice choice tho.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108