The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Additive? or Multiplicative?

armedpoop

Question

7 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

I think he was asking a very specific question regarding naramon

He asked 3 different questions. I answered the first, 2nd and 3rd is basically resumed in the link, I'm trying to promote the use of the wikia but I can answer directly too sure.

Deadly intent is multiplicative, with additive you'd go very easily into red crits. So from 5% crit, you'll go to 5 x 1.15 = 5.75%.

If it was additive you'd notice a Huge boost, 5% -> 20%.

And it stacks with Mods. So you calculate the critical boost you'd get with each of them then add them all to the base.

So, 5% weapon, with unranked Deadly (15%) and unranked True Steel (10%) goes for 5 + (5 * 0.15) + (5 * 0.10) = 5 + 0.75 + 0.5 = 6.25%

Additive is adding them together

Multiplicative is multiplying then adding them, effectively providing diminishing returns on stacked effects

Additive would be 0.5 + 0.5 for 1.

Multiplicative would be 0.5 + (0.5 * 0.5) for 0.75.

If you somehow had 3 stacking abilities for 50% 50% and 25% 0.5 + (0.5 * 0.5) + (0.5 * 0.5 * 0.25) = 93.75%

Check it out here, I think it's well explained:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Focus/Naramon

14 minutes ago, Manyc said:

Multiplicative is multiplying then adding them, effectively providing diminishing returns on stacked effects

If you somehow had 3 stacking abilities for 50% 50% and 25% 0.5 + (0.5 * 0.5) + (0.5 * 0.5 * 0.25) = 93.75%

1 minute ago, Manyc said:

He asked 3 different questions. I answered the first, 2nd and 3rd is basically resumed in the link, I'm trying to promote the use of the wikia but I can answer directly too sure.

Deadly intent is multiplicative, with additive you'd go very easily into red crits. So from 5% crit, you'll go to 5 x 1.15 = 5.75%.

And it stacks with Mods. So you calculate the critical boost you'd get with each of them then add them all to the base.

So, 5% weapon, with unranked Deadly (15%) and unranked True Steel (10%) goes for 5 + (5 * 0.15) + (5 * 0.10) = 5 + 0.75 + 0.5 = 6.25%

he basically asked 2 questions, the first question was leading into the second and the third one was a specification on the second.

I think he just wanted to know because of naramon is what I meant

you didn't have to go into detail, I was just guessing thats the information he was looking for

6 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

he basically asked 2 questions, the first question was leading into the second and the third one was a specification on the second.

I think he just wanted to know because of naramon is what I meant

you didn't have to go into detail, I was just guessing thats the information he was looking for

Let's leave it to him to decide if it was helpful or if it created more doubts.

I tried to do my part.

2 hours ago, BlackVortex said:

They answered half of it.

2 hours ago, Manyc said:

Ive been on that page trying to figure it out 

2 hours ago, Manyc said:

Thanks, so additive is better overall and this means that it would mainly benefit weapons with already high crit chances. Thanks much