The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rank Mastery 5 test is almost impossible now

Moujine

Question

I am trying for 6 days to pass rank mastery 5 but its really hard and the reason is these $&*&*#(%& Grineer consoles that they put, which have 10 bells to unlock. The weird thing is that I saw youtube videos of this specific test and NONE of them had Grinner consoles, only Corpus and less. Why is it so hard now, i am really bad at the Grinner ones i can't do them no matter how much i try and i dont want to give my account to other person to do it for me

Edited by DoflamingoGT

too many trolls replying, just use ciphers.  The Grineer mini hack is just badly designed that when the zoomed in view comes it is no longer is in sync, so its hard if not impossible to time it correctly.  Been trying since it was added to get it fixed or changed but DE don't listen, so cheese it with ciphers and ignore the trolls

12 minutes ago, TheGreatBB said:

Ciphers might not be a good idea to rely on. Grineer are the easiest as it is timing based. I had lag on a laptop. The trick is to hit the switch at two before the one you want. 

This ^ Unless you have amazing fps, or at least above 60 or so, you will likely get slight lag no matter what you do, I run between 30 and 40 fps and things look and work great but I've come to expect grineer hacks to require me to hit spacebar juuuust before it hits my intended bell otherwise it will miss.  Takes practice but eventually you will get the hang of it.

My suggestion, so as to not have a looming MR Test timer over you is to go to a mid level grineer planet (if you can) that has at least a half full grineer console and practice on it, take all the time you need to get it perfect, because you don't have any sort of timer in a normal mission.  You can screw up again and again there, so long as you are invisible while you do so, or are in lockdown where noone can get to you etc...

3 hours ago, DoflamingoGT said:

I am trying for 6 days to pass rank mastery 5 but its really hard and the reason is these $&*&*#(%& Grineer consoles that they put, which have 10 bells to unlock. The weird thing is that I saw youtube videos of this specific test and NONE of them had Grinner consoles, only Corpus and less. Why is it so hard now, i am really bad at the Grinner ones i can't do them no matter how much i try and i dont want to give my account to other person to do it for me

With grineer hack panels you can take your time. They do not fail if you let them just roll to the infinity. No need for intruder mod. Only timer you have there is the Mastery test timer that is set to 1:45 when you begin. And you can use ciphers - at least in the "redo" tests you find from top floor of the relay at right side hallway inside of sanctuary room. If you stutter during grineer hack it rises the difficulty.

Easy part in there is that the indicator on grineer panel rolls to just one direction = makes things simpler compared to full Grineer Sortie panels in spy missions where they bounch back and forth :|  (a reason why you don't want to be dependent of ciphers - you cant use them in some challenging missions - you need to master the art of hacking).

Myself - Timely I find the corpus panels as a nightmare.

P.S. I failed with the platform test 4 times in a row. Omg it was a nightmare. Than someone said that I should swap to the slowest frame I could find from my arsenal (Frost). Than it became pretty easy :D

P.S.S. I keep my fingers crossed for you!!!! You can do it!!

Edited by carnaga
corrections...