The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Prime Access Boosters also be compensated due to the DDOS Attacks?

--Q--Ascended-Seraphim

Question

As De Danielle recently announced that compensation will be made to players who bought boosters during the DDOS period.

I was left wondering if the prime access boosters that were still active will be compensated in equal value.

A Plat reimbursement  value of 2x 7 day affinity and credit booster will be fair to those who purchased the Prime Access that came with boosters. 

Thank you.

Update:

Sounds like good news from Steve :)

Edited by --Q--Ascended-Seraphim
Updated with new info

12 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, (PS4)X1155752X said:

So you want 160 plat for something that's only worth 80? entitled much?

More than likely they will just extend Prime Access boosters by 3 days as compensation, seeing as you can't refund plat that was never spent.

I believe the amount he's calculating is due to Prime Access coming with both boosters, not just one.

I do think the 3 day extension is much more likely and reasonable however.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)X1155752X said:

I already read it before coming here, tell me more about how you want double the compensation you deserve.

Danielle's post implies that boosters will be refunded based on their full price, thus 7 day affinity boosters will be refunded per 80 plat regardless of those 4 days that they were or will be active or if the player could use them during the DDoS attack (some players could play and will still being refunded). Prime access comes with 2 (affinity and credits) 90 days boosters, thus the fair to give everyone the same treatment would be calculating the whole price for them (much higher than 160 plat, which I agree doesn't make sense due to the small time lost in such a long booster) so the fair chances would be giving everyone exactly the same compensation because we were all affected in the same way, being this choices:

Giving 3 days extension on boosters for everyone who got one running during the attack (some players can play only on weekends, so they will disagree on this one)

Giving 40 :platinum: per booster active during the attack

Or refunding everyone with platinum enough tobuy back the whole booster duration (being the 90 days treated as 7 days ones instead to avoid players getting ridiculous amounts of plat)

I think that given how Danielle's post is written all of those make sense, the rest might need a semantic discussion clarified by herself to avoid further confusion, so until no more clarification about prime access boosters treatment I'm on OP's side.

Edited by -----LegioN-----

11 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Danielle's post implies that boosters will be refunded based on their full price, thus 7 day affinity boosters will be refunded per 80 plat regardless of those 4 days that they were or will be active or if the player could use them during the DDoS attack (some players could play and will still being refunded). Prime access comes with 2 (affinity and credits) 90 days boosters, thus the fair to give everyone the same treatment would be calculating the whole price for them (much higher than 160 plat, which I agree doesn't make sense due to the small time lost in such a long booster) so the fair chances would be giving everyone exactly the same compensation because we were all affected in the same way, being this choices:

Giving 3 days extension on boosters for everyone who got one running during the attack (some players can play only on weekends, so they will disagree on this one)

Giving 40 :platinum: per booster active during the attack

Or refunding everyone with platinum enough tobuy back the whole booster duration (being the 90 days treated as 7 days ones instead to avoid players getting ridiculous amounts of plat)

I think that given how Danielle's post is written all of those make sense, the rest might need a semantic discussion clarified by herself to avoid further confusion, so until no more clarification about prime access biisters treatment I'm on OP's side.

Precisely my point.

Thank you.

Those boosters are active for 90 days do you really need a measly 3 days added too them just cause we couldn't play for a few hours here and there? Over one weekend period?

its more understandable when it is the developers fault, like if they forgot to mention a scheduled server maintenance then they should compensate ppl.

but why should a company compensate you because they were maliciously attacked by someone not getting their way??

20 minutes ago, (XB1)Listed mia 510 said:

Those boosters are active for 90 days do you really need a measly 3 days added too them just cause we couldn't play for a few hours here and there? Over one weekend period?

its more understandable when it is the developers fault, like if they forgot to mention a scheduled server maintenance then they should compensate ppl.

but why should a company compensate you because they were maliciously attacked by someone not getting their way??

Because.

21 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

• Purchased boosters that were affected during downtime (March 11th - 13th) will be refunded with equivalent Platinum value. We will be running a script once discussions with our infrastructure partners have come to a close.

No offense to you and that PS4 X11 guy.

But please read the full story before coming in to jump to conclusions.

Thanks.

48 minutes ago, (XB1)Listed mia 510 said:

I half agree here. It's not their fault being attacked, sadly they and their infrastructure partners also weren't able to reject the attack, nor took the measures to avoid the second one. Their infrastructure partners can't compensate us, but DE already decided compensate players after the attack to servers instead of posting something like this:

"As we all know there was a DDoS attack to our servers during last weekend, anyways this is not our fault, thus there will be no refund for boosters, Baro's schedule will remain unchanged and "A thousand cuts" tactical alert will be re-released somewhere in the future. Thanks for your support. [Locked thread]"

Can you imagine the community reaction if that response was given? DE would be losing much more than compensating affected players with a refund of a digital coin that cannot be spent on any other game. 

Edited by -----LegioN-----

I think what "equivalent Platnium value" would be a 3 day booster's worth. Since the downtime was just 3 days. I would assume 40 plat will be delivered to everyone that had a booster running during the event. Regardless of what level they had. It would also make it easier on the devs who are writing the script. If booster is running, give 40plat. 

I have to agree with this, either give us a 3 day extension or refund some plat value, people spent over $100 on the access pack, including myself, it's only fair. I wasn't able to log on throughout most of the weekend and misses 90% of Baro's items because I couldn't ducat farm, so I'm already a tad salty about that.

3 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

I half agree here. It's not their fault being attacked, sadly they and their infrastructure partners also weren't able to reject the attack, nor took the measures to avoid the second one. Their infrastructure partners can't compensate us, but DE already decided compensate players after the attack to servers instead of posting something like this:

"As we all know there was a DDoS attack to our servers during last weekend, anyways this is not our fault, thus there will be no refund for boosters, Baro's schedule will remain unchanged and "A thousand cuts" tactical alert will be re-released somewhere in the future. Thanks for your support. [Locked thread]"

Can you imagine the community reaction if that response was given? DE would be losing much more than compensating affected players with a refund of a digital coin that cannot be spent on any other game. 

I do agree with your point here, they brought it upon themselves by saying they would compensate everyone.

i just don't think there is this much reason for so many too be raging over it.

plus there is no way too protect ones self from a ddos attack and that's why they are soo affective when they happen.

can we honestly believe ppl would stop playing just because they bought a booster and couldn't play I sure would hope not.

i guess I'm just not into the fact that a company in today's age has too feel responsible for something they cannot control or even defend against just so ppl don't stop using there service. 

The game is overal extremely enjoyable and in games that doesn't come around too often.  I can't even remember the last time I was this hooked on a game, I mean I don't even have anything too do anymore In game to further progress.. Yet I still say in my liset hanging out waiting for the cap gun too pop and the race too be back on, and I even bought The Division the night before.