The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage 2.0 Armour Strip question

viperveteran

Question

8 answers to this question

This little beauty will answer most of your questions:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Bombard with armor is Alloy Armor. Alloy Armor has 75% extra damage from Radiation, but less 50% damage from Slash.

Bombard without armor is Cloned Flesh. Cloned Flesh has 0% extra damage from Radiation, but 25% damage from Slash.

So no, after you strip all armor, Bombard takes less damage from Radiation but more damage from Slash, since he no longer have Alloy Armor type.

Edited by Endrance
Forgot the Slash Damage part.

I am not entirely sure, that this is how it works...

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Corrosive_Damage

For what I can tell, the corrosive proc reduces the armor VALUE not the entire armor. Meaning, that the inherent damage reduction due to an enemies armor value is reduced. It does not change their armor type, however.

So, in order to answer OP's question: If I'm right, your extra damage would still apply, since you don't remove the enemy's armor.

3 hours ago, Endrance said:

This little beauty will answer most of your questions:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Bombard with armor is Alloy Armor. Alloy Armor has 75% extra damage from Radiation, but less 50% damage from Slash.

Bombard without armor is Cloned Flesh. Cloned Flesh has 0% extra damage from Radiation, but 25% damage from Slash.

So no, after you strip all armor, Bombard takes less damage from Radiation but more damage from Slash, since he no longer have Alloy Armor type.

I went to the simulacrum and it seems that this is the most accurate.

I tried my sacti tigris with viral and radiation and it did less damage than the viral heat build on an level 100 corrupted bombard.

I used an abating link trinity with corrosive projection so that the armour was completely removed. The damage mulipliers for the alloy armour type seems not to apply once it is 100% stripped. Based on the increased damage it is apparent that the bombard without armour is cloned flesh and thus the viral, slash and heat from my sancti gave multipliers when shooting it over the viral, radiation and slash

Thank you all for the responses.

3 hours ago, DjaAkh said:

I am not entirely sure, that this is how it works...

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Corrosive_Damage

For what I can tell, the corrosive proc reduces the armor VALUE not the entire armor. Meaning, that the inherent damage reduction due to an enemies armor value is reduced. It does not change their armor type, however.

So, in order to answer OP's question: If I'm right, your extra damage would still apply, since you don't remove the enemy's armor.

to clarify Thread OP is asking about corrosive projection(aura mod) and similar effects that cut armor by a fixed amount that can completely remove the armor rating and traits if it hits/breaches 100%

Edited by Adrakal

1 hour ago, Adrakal said:

to clarify Thread OP is asking about corrosive projection(aura mod) and similar effects that cut armor by a fixed amount that can completely remove the armor rating and traits if it hits/breaches 100%

Yeah sorry the way I asked was unclear.

The main focus was indeed on whether the traits (i.e. resistances and weaknesses) of the bombard's alloy armour would still apply if the armour was completely removed by four CP's for example.

My quick test leads me to believe that once armour is removed completely its traits no longer apply and the target takes on the cloned flesh weaknesses and resistances. 

10 hours ago, Adrakal said:

oh, my bad. Thanks for the clarification.

9 hours ago, viperveteran said:

Yeah sorry the way I asked was unclear.

The main focus was indeed on whether the traits (i.e. resistances and weaknesses) of the bombard's alloy armour would still apply if the armour was completely removed by four CP's for example.

My quick test leads me to believe that once armour is removed completely its traits no longer apply and the target takes on the cloned flesh weaknesses and resistances. 

huh... that does surprise me. From your tests, can you say, whether bombards only loose their alloy traits or if they in addition to that gain cloned flesh? Because, if you really "bypass" the armour and reach the flesh, the same could happen with fossilized armour types, I guess (from a logical point of view). But if you just remove the armour traits, without adding the ones of cloned flesh, it might be not entirely intentional.

2 hours ago, DjaAkh said:

oh, my bad. Thanks for the clarification.

huh... that does surprise me. From your tests, can you say, whether bombards only loose their alloy traits or if they in addition to that gain cloned flesh? Because, if you really "bypass" the armour and reach the flesh, the same could happen with fossilized armour types, I guess (from a logical point of view). But if you just remove the armour traits, without adding the ones of cloned flesh, it might be not entirely intentional.

Bombards don'ts "gain" cloned flesh. They are cloned flesh. But they do have an armor on it. So, if you take that armor away with corrosive projection/Corrosive procs, he will lose the armor (alloy plate) and be only cloned flesh.

In case you're wondering, every Grineer is Cloned Flesh. Most have an additional Armor that need to be destroyed before having the cloned fle multiplier.