Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host Migration Problem Since U18.5, Game Is Now Literally Unplayable

Zerga-08

To Mods: Do not move this topic to the topic below like you did the last time I posted this, I have been having this problem since the start U18.5, this has nothing to do with the DDOS. This is a problem in the code, not in the servers.

As the title says, after 18.5 I get constant host migrations.

Before 18.5 I had no trouble getting into games. Now it is literally impossible to get into a game.

Some things I noticed when turning on and off certain options, when I run with DirectX 11, every time I join a match the loading screen freezes, and then I join and immediately get a host migration. Now I'm running with DirextX 9 and still freeze in the loading screen, but now I get to play for a minute or less (usually less), but then it host migrates again. Before 18.5 everything worked fine. Changing to 32 bit doesn't seem to have any effect. I am running everything at the lowest possible setting except for resolution (1280x720).

I have also optimized the game and have verified caches.

This bug makes the game unplayable for me.

If it is helpful for finding the problem, my OS is Windows 10, my processor is an Intel Core i5-3337U, 7.88 usable GB of RAM, I have an Intel HD 4000 graphics, and a 64-bit OS x64-based processor.

Update: It seems to be account based. On my other account I am able to play online. I should also clarify that I am only not able to play Conclave on my main, but PvE modes work just fine. Where as with my other account I am able to play all modes. This means this issue is account based.

Edited by Zerga-08
Update: "Update: It seems to be account based. On my other account I am able to play online. I should also clarify that I am only not able to play Conclave, but PvE modes work just fine."

Bump.

Having this too, exact same problem with the screen freezing before I join. It's fine when I play solo or when people join me, but as soon as I try to join an open squad, I get returned to my liset. I've tried verifying game files and making sure I use available ports. Makes no difference.

I have the exact same problem. Before update 18.5 I was able to get into games and play with other people with no problem. Now since the update, I have been getting host migrations and disconnects at the start of almost every mission. It makes it almost impossible for me to play co-op with my friends or with randoms. 

A friend of mine found a fix y'all!

Delete your EE.CFG file from you Warframe folder, or just move it to your desktop to be extra careful. I had a hard time finding what folder it was in so I just searched the entire PC until it found it. What it will do is reset some of your account based settings like game, graphics, and control options. Make sure you are deleting it from a folder related to Warframe, not from something else (wouldn't want you to screw up different program). Make sure to take a screenshot of your settings if you can't remember, especially your sensitivity!

Edited by Zerga-08

13 hours ago, Zerga-08 said:

A friend of mine found a fix y'all!

Delete your EE.CFG file from you Warframe folder, or just move it to your desktop to be extra careful. I had a hard time finding what folder it was in so I just searched the entire PC until it found it. What it will do is reset some of your account based settings like game, graphics, and control options. Make sure you are deleting it from a folder related to Warframe, not from something else (wouldn't want you to screw up different program). Make sure to take a screenshot of your settings if you can't remember, especially your sensitivity!

This seems to be working so far, thank you!

1 minute ago, Almighty_Potato said:

I tried deleting the EE.cfg file but the same problem keeps happening. Every time I boot up Warframe the file shows up back in the folder. Lets hope a hot fix or update will fix this bug soon.

The file is suppose to show back up. It help store your settings info.

That said this fix seems to not work anymore.

On 3/18/2016 at 11:49 PM, Zerga-08 said:

So, the EE.CFG seemed to help when I last used it, now it is isn't working again.

Same here, it seems that going back and deleting it again will help for a while but sooner or later the host migration will return. Still a decent semi-working fix but ideally DE would patch it and we wouldn't have to mess with our files at all. 

I don't know if this is related, but I am encountering a "Problem updating account information" error on conclusion with matchmaking games, resulting in any progress being lost on the conclusion of the mission.  It shows all the results and collections of the mission, but none of it actually carries over.  Leveled up equipment levels down, acquired items and components are reverted, etc.

Bumping.

I have this problem as well, and also since 18.5.
I spend more time looking for a game instead of playing itself, which is very annoying when I want to level up my stuff, or simply join a sortie.
Even premade squad do nothing, because I am still getting kicked out, and when I am hosting, seems like lots of people can't connect me instead.

I have talked with few people who also seem to be having this problem, and most of them say it happens since 18.5, with few exceptions saying that it started some time ealier before 18.5 for them.
Very unplayable and irritating bug when I spend 2/3 of time in-game actually looking for a game that won't kick me out.

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM SINCE UPDATE 18.5 MADE A SUPPORT TICKET BUT STILL NO REPLY FROM DE.

HAS DE EVEN ADMITTED THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM CAUSE I HAVENT SEEN ANYTHING INDICATING THAT THEY ARE AWARE OF THE PROBLEM OR EVEN WORKING ON A FIX FOR IT :(

Edited by N7_Blade

I'm not having trouble with the matchmaking but the people who cant decide do they want to run the mission or not. Yes, I'm getting frequent host migrations but these happen in liset - before the mission start. I just watch people come and go and these host migration popups until I'm the host. Reason could be this simple: they don't like the composition of the squad or the Mastery Rank level the squad has. Matchmaking code never kicks people out. People do it by themselves (or they have bad computer or internet or other issues).

But what I think on those long run missions: the core of the problem are those hosts that can't host or people who leave the mission prematurely with variety of reasons. Another problem is that the more people we get to play warframe the higher variety of computers and ISP's we get (internet service provider -- contracts and bandwidth speeds). Mostly when you are in squad as a client (not as a host) and there are a-lot of enemies, you sometimes start experience lag. The lag tells you just one thing: the host is stuttering and/or he's computer can not handle the action.

To host properly is a sum of few factors: computer system + internet connection (and the person who is playing the game). I would love to see in the future that warframe matchmaking would be upgraded towards computer and connectivity benchmarking mechanism (ping is a horrible measurement regarding connection reliability). And that matchmaking would favor those computers (and reliable internet connections) that can actually host an instance. And maybe that those people who leave missions via clicking "abort" would be ranked by the matchmaking system and flagged as not to be a host to increase the positive gaming experience.

I'm running with fiber connection and desktop pc: i5 4690K @3.5Ghz, 960GTX 4GB, 16Gb RAM 2x SSD.

Just a suggestion, I have these exact problems once I don't use a VPN. But since I started using a VPN as a friend suggested i've been working just fine overall.

But my free triel of the VPN runs out soon so I hope they find a fix.

I have realised that, at least for me, it matches the crowded nodes, like Draco, Kappa, most of the sorties (joining today's assassination was horrible), and some well paid alerts, like Nitan. When the node has only a few open groups, I have absolutely no problem joining online. But when the node has 10+ groups, sometimes with 40-50 groups open, joining without instant host migration and disconnection right after mission loads is impossible, even if that was a pre-made party.

When I tried at early morning to join Draco, with around 4-5 groups open, I joined without a problem, but after that, when there was already 10+, NOPE.

I've never had such issues, until U18,5.