The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Someone's Gotta Ask It

With Microsoft's announcement about allowing cross platform play and Sony saying they've already done so and are happy to have the conversation, would this mean that DE could potentially, at least have the conversation, about allowing cross platform play? Due to versioning conflicts, I doubt there would ever be console to PC play, but it would seem that cross console play could one day become a possibility. With these announcements, is this something DE would be interested in pursuing further? 

On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 9:32 PM, (PS4)PrincessDark_ said:

I kinda like the fact that every update that gets released PC acts like beta and the biggest bugs are patched before it comes to PS4 or Xbox :)

That's bs and you know it.

There are sure buggs that are fixed, just trough the fact that we skip around 8-12 patches evry time around but we're ALLWAYS left with the buggs of the last patch-state and have to life with them for months.

Me, i'd trade regular buggs and also fixes, paired with cross platform play for this illusion any day.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

On 16 March 2016 at 9:32 PM, (PS4)PrincessDark_ said:

I kinda like the fact that every update that gets released PC acts like beta and the biggest bugs are patched before it comes to PS4 or Xbox :)

This is correct. 

Also not forgetting the fact that PC has like 10 weeks head start on Baro only... Syncing would be a hell of pain but not impossible tho. 

I originally posted the topic because it seems I have way more friends with XB1's instead of ps4. I do have a few PC friends who also play too. But since the console versions of Warframe have typically stayed the same, it makes the most logical sense to allow cross console play since technically both Microsoft and Sony are at least willing to have the conversation, I was curious if DE would be interesting in being part of it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2016 at 3:28 AM, (PS4)PrincessDark_ said:

If it helps there's really so little difference on the pc compared to ps4.

There is a difference for me. I want to play on my high powered PC that I just built. And I want to get updates right away instead of waiting.

Thats two big differences for me. But thanks for assuming you know everything, like in the other post. I am not you.

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

On 21/03/2016 at 10:42 PM, (PS4)Dadissk said:

Imagine new events where ps4 players have to battle Xbox1 players or a special dark sectors that would just feature cross platform battle. This would be so amazing :) 

No console wars!

There are several logistical problems with this cross-platform thing, should it come to Warframe;

1. The data for PS4's Obsidian skins would need to be added to Xbone's build, and their... whatever there skin's called would have to be added to the PS4 build, not sure either Sony nor Microsoft would like that...
  2. Similar to the above, Sony and Microsoft would need to share account data, which neither side would be willing to do, and is the main reason why cross-platform play will not happen.
  3. If one side is down for whatever reason, how would that affect the other? similarly, if one side is hacked, would that put the other side's accounts at risk as well? (also ties in to point #2)
  4. If one side fails cert for one of their builds, DE would likely have to hold back the other's update to prevent some kind of issue, is that fair?

1 hour ago, (PS4)PD_33 said:

There is a difference for me. I want to play on my high powered PC that I just built. And I want to get updates right away instead of waiting.

Thats two big differences for me. But thanks for assuming you know everything, like in the other post. I am not you.

that is not how cross platform works....

what you seem to be wanting is an account transfer which Sony has said will not be happening as a way to leave ps4, only have PC players switching to ps4.

2 hours ago, (PS4)X1155752X said:

No console wars!

There are several logistical problems with this cross-platform thing, should it come 

I agree with all of your point.

But all I said is that it would be awesome and there would be different IMO amazing ways to use cross platform in warframe.

However I guess you're probably right it's not going to happen at least not in near future.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Dadissk said:

I agree with all of your point.

But all I said is that it would be awesome and there would be different IMO amazing ways to use cross platform in warframe.

However I guess you're probably right it's not going to happen at least not in near future.

It would be nice to have more bodies filling the servers in general, seeing how much of a ghost town this game can be at times, but sadly I was born with a terrible affliction: pessimism.