Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Bronco Really Better Than Dual Bronco?

TrueSone

As the title says, I was planning to build a dual bronco to replace my current bronco, however people said that their dps is almost exactly the same so it's not worth it, should I bother wasting my credits and resources to craft a dual bronco?

As the title says, I was planning to build a dual bronco to replace my current bronco, however people said that their dps is almost exactly the same so it's not worth it, should I bother wasting my credits and resources to craft a dual bronco?

would you rather 2 or 4 shots in a clip dont let something like dps stop you from being comfertable

its like when people rage that the new pole arm is slightly stronger then the gram if youwasted a ton of stuff on the gram and you liked the gram why "upgrade" for a slight boost just because someone says its stats are better or not

I have no idea about your question but if it does or does not wouldnt 4 shots be better then 2?

would you rather 2 or 4 shots in a clip dont let something like dps stop you from being comfertable

its like when people rage that the new pole arm is slightly stronger then the gram if youwasted a ton of stuff on the gram and you liked the gram why "upgrade" for a slight boost just because someone says its stats are better or not

I have no idea about your question but if it does or does not wouldnt 4 shots be better then 2?

What people have been saying is that altho there are 4 shots, the reload speed is also doubled, so technically, the amount of damage the 2 weapons pump out are near identical. So I was just wondering if dual boncos are really worth it or not.

Single Bronco deals higher damage over time due to the much better reload. Dual Broncos have better front-loaded damage and is two shots more forgiving, but takes much longer to reload. I prefer dual because I like to miss a lot.

2 times the reload time also

DOUBLE THE ACTION!

No really, with the clipsize mod you get a whopping six TEN?! :O shots for the same reload time as the Lex!

Yeaaah, going to have to check this out myself, as Qb3rt guessed, I don't have these yet and my brain clearly wasn't working when I posted this.

Edited by Hap-muhr

2 times the reload time also

This was the deal-breaker for me and why I still believe Bronco is the only single-version weapon better than it's dual counterpart.

One of the main benefits of a Bronco is that the reload time was negligible and you didn't have to run and hide to reload.

DOUBLE THE ACTION!

No really, with the clipsize mod you get a whopping six TEN?! :O shots for the same reload time as the Lex!

Might want to check your math there, bub ... you get a whopping FIVE shots. Not ten.

Sound like yet another "Wiki-poster" that doesn't own the weapon he's posting about.

Reload time is doubled.  Not tripled, not quadrupled, doubled.  I don't know why people keep saying that somehow leads to the single bronco having higher damage output, because it doesn't.  What does, is the dual bronco's higher ROF. Someone did test it, and in 1 minute the single bronco fires something like 75 shots, while the duals fired over 90.  With slip magazine, the single actually DOES get an advantage in terms of reload speed (3 shots for ~1 sec of reload vs 5 shots for ~2 secs of relad) but with the ROF (I personally used +ROF on single bronco) and the polarity you get more mod slots for damage on the dual (or save yourself a forma).

Reload time is doubled.  Not tripled, not quadrupled, doubled.  I don't know why people keep saying that somehow leads to the single bronco having higher damage output, because it doesn't.  What does, is the dual bronco's higher ROF. Someone did test it, and in 1 minute the single bronco fires something like 75 shots, while the duals fired over 90.  With slip magazine, the single actually DOES get an advantage in terms of reload speed (3 shots for ~1 sec of reload vs 5 shots for ~2 secs of relad) but with the ROF (I personally used +ROF on single bronco) and the polarity you get more mod slots for damage on the dual (or save yourself a forma).

The increase in clip size is way bigger than you're giving it credit. It's a 50% increase for the single, 25% for the dual.

snip

I have to agree with Curzyfish. It's the Dual Bronco's greater RoF that grants it the superior DPS.

I did a brief test on both single and dual broncos modded for clipsize and reload speed.

The Dual Broncos were bettering the single Bronco by at least an extra 10 shots in a minute. I didn't do further testing, but it felt significant enough for me to judge that the RoF really makes the difference. The clipsize increase might look like it puts the single Bronco closer to the Duals but the latter still wins out in DPS by a bit.

Like Curzy said you could slip a gunslinger mod on the single to bring it on par with the Dual Broncos, but in the case of Duals that mod slot could be used for more damage.

Still, I prefer the single Bronco to the Dual Broncos for its reload speed. For me tt just feels safer to have when I'm dealing with a swarm of Infested. Sustainable DPS and smaller burst=lesser recoil=better placed shots yeaaaaaaah!

Might want to check your math there, bub ... you get a whopping FIVE shots. Not ten.

Sound like yet another "Wiki-poster" that doesn't own the weapon he's posting about.

Guilty as charged, plus my brain wasn't working at all which made me double those values. But yeah, totally weird that they sport five rounds (with mods), much less impressive stats there.

Edited by Hap-muhr

I prefer dual... Because when u meet a "not as good host" and your dps drop below a certain value... With single bronco insane reload speed, you will be stuck in reloading, rendering it useless. While dual bronco even with max reload speed won't have that problem. 

Spent all last night using Dual Bronco to make sure I double-checked any perspectives on using both single and dual ... and despite really wanting the dual to be better (because I just like dual wielding in general, don't know why, more badass I guess) ... I only ended up re-affirming my original opinion that the single bronco really is noticeably better.

The only times the dual bronco felt better were when facing low-level mobs and I came across exactly 4 or 5 mobs in a group, all of which I could one-shot before reloading. Literally every other situation the single Bronco was better.

It all comes down to the state of magazine clip sizes, mag-clip mods, and reload times.... the single Bronco can have its clip increased 2->3, the dual can only increase 4->5  ... yet the dual always has double the reload time.

The single bronco reload time is like the Kunai's ... it's so quick it's more a hiccup than a reload.

Edited by Qb3rt

Dual is better in my opinion - faster fire rate without needing Gunslinger, more shots per clip, and a polarized V-slot. The loss in reload time is always the sacrifice with dual pistols but in this case, it doesn't detract from the overall dps burst. Oh and you avoid that annoying lag-related reload bug the single Bronco is cursed with, even if you max out the reload mod on the dual-Broncos.

Edited by Vorpalstryke