The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for new frame

XONIIIC

Question

I've become very disheartened reading about how Rhino isn't the tankiest frame. I recently got rhino Prime, been having a blast playing him in hopes to be an amazing tank in the future, all the talk about how valkyr is better in the long run makes me sad, my friend started playing valkyr, so Im not sure if I should go Trinity (support?) Mirage (dps?) or any other suggestions you guys have for me. I feel so lost...lol

Rhino Prime was suppossed to be my guy... </3 

18 answers to this question

Honestly, being a tank in Warframe is overrated. With a decent player and good team dynamics, survivability shouldn't really be a problem. Warframes like Valkyr and Chroma are very good at staying alive, but they don't provide the CC and other benefits that some Warframes can offer. In end-game, Rhino probably offers more to a team than Valkyr can.

If you like Rhino, stick with Rhino. He's more of an all-rounder than a tank, but that's okay too.

7 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Honestly, being a tank in Warframe is overrated. With a decent player and good team dynamics, survivability shouldn't really be a problem. Warframes like Valkyr and Chroma are very good at staying alive, but they don't provide the CC and other benefits that some Warframes can offer. In end-game, Rhino probably offers more to a team than Valkyr can.

If you like Rhino, stick with Rhino. He's more of an all-rounder than a tank, but that's okay too.

Im worried about high level gaming, can I handle if i stick with Rhino? I would love to keep using my RP, any siggestions in becoming more of an all-rounder?

Edited by XONIIIC

Just now, XONIIIC said:

Im worried about high level gaming, can I handle if i stick with Rhino?

Yeah, Rhino can do just fine. Perhaps at the very highest level of difficulty he would experience trouble, but at that level Valkyr and Chroma are even less effective. On those levels, it usually requires a carefully constructed team that focuses on CC and DPS.

Not sure about how Inaros fits in yet, haven't had enough time with him.

If you had a ton of fun playing as rhino then go ahead and play as rhino. It doesn't really matter if he isn't the "best" tank in the game. Like already stated rhino offers some great cc. 

Say for instance a team mate goes down and you have to rez them. Instead of just standing there letting iron skin take all the damage, rhino stomp and rez ur teammate while everyone is busy falling down.

find your gameplay style or whatever you have fun doing and do that. 

Her final ability molecular prime if builded for power strength will slow the enemy down to a max of 75% and grants bonus damage to the enemies. The explosion damage can also chain to other nearby enemies. If build for negative power strength you can speed all the enemies up for a maximum of 30%. This is a real game changer because you can affect all enemy movement. Depending on your build Molecular prime can make things much easier

Inaros is a hardcore health tank AND has the CC that the likes of Valkyr and Chroma lack. All he's lacking is an aggro mechanic to fit the tank archetype to a tee. That said, Rhino totally is a viable frame even if he's not a pure tank. His power set is very well rounded with mobility, survivability, team buff, and AoE CC. Rhino gets a bad rap because of the players who don't bother to use his powers outside of Iron Skin, but that's no fault of his.

3 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Yeah, Rhino can do just fine. Perhaps at the very highest level of difficulty he would experience trouble, but at that level Valkyr and Chroma are even less effective. On those levels, it usually requires a carefully constructed team that focuses on CC and DPS.

1 minute ago, killerpancake said:

If you had a ton of fun playing as rhino then go ahead and play as rhino.

Thank bros. Ill work on improving my game strategies. Any reccomendations on mods? I also already have Steel Charge Aura, and planning to get Jat Kittag as melee.

5 minutes ago, XONIIIC said:

Im worried about high level gaming, can I handle if i stick with Rhino? I would love to keep using my RP, any siggestions in becoming more of an all-rounder?

Rhino is pretty fine at high-levels as well, there you gotta put his auguments in play (charge nor iron skin) to deal nice damage. Some people use both, but I don't really like his charge.
You can do 1 hour T4 survival with ease.
Here's the build im using (kinda all-rounder with iron skin augument), decent roar duration,okay-ish range and some power strength.
Redirection (just because Im using Carrier with Guardian mod) you can put Vitality if you don't use sentinels.
Stretch
Blind Rage
Intensify
Fleeting Expertise
Streamline
Iron skin augument ( so you can use it as instant CC tool or just to refresh your iron skin after killing some bombards)
Primed continuity

4 minutes ago, PurpleBomber said:

Rhino gets a bad rap because of the players who don't bother to use his powers outside of Iron Skin, but that's no fault of his.

Yeah, I kept reading all the negative posts about Rhino made me doubt my choice.

1 minute ago, Grobbus said:

Here's the build im using (kinda all-rounder with iron skin augument), decent roar duration,okay-ish range and some power strength.
Redirection (just because Im using Carrier with Guardian mod) you can put Vitality if you don't use sentinels.
Stretch
Blind Rage
Intensify
Fleeting Expertise
Streamline
Iron skin augument ( so you can use it as instant CC tool or just to refresh your iron skin after killing some bombards)
Primed continuity

I got alot of research ahead to get my RP where it needs to be. You been playing rhino long?

6 minutes ago, XONIIIC said:

I got alot of research ahead to get my RP where it needs to be. You been playing rhino long?

Yeah, he's my boy.
Feel free to experiment with builds to find the one that suits you the most, just remember not to trust his Iron skin much at lvl 80+ enemies.
His auguments are one of the best and are all viable.