The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

zephyr - is there rework on the horizon with the delux?

As you may or may not know

Zephyr - our wind warframe was shown to have a "inprogress delux skin" please note: (this may or may not be the final design of this skin it was just what was shown in dev stream)

Spoiler

Kary_WIP.png

latest?cb=20151013194355

many in the community have made remarks about her needing a rework 

most notably her 1st power mechanics since parkour 2.0 

Spoiler

Tail Wind
Creates a blast of energy, propelling Zephyr through the air, damaging anything in her wake.

personally im already liking the new feminine design of this delux skin

also looks to have cloth mechanics which could be interesting with her passive

but do you think it will be a full rework of all her powers or the first?

or none at all ?

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

33 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

many in the community have made remarks about her needing a rework 

most notably her 1st power mechanics since parkour 2.0

Nononononononoooooooo no NO.

DON'T change her first ability. I've made similar posts like this before with the same idea but I was ignorant like hell. The thing is that Zephyr is the fasted Warframe if you know how to use her Tail Wind properly. Besides that... changing it would most likely hurt the ease of use more than anything. The one thing I would probably be ok with is it being a semi-toggle ability. When toggled on it will turn any jump (while in the air) into a Tail Wind, essentially creating infinite double jumps and thus flying. Though this really conflicts with how I currently use her tailwind so I'd rather not change it.

What I do agree on is her getting some much needed love on the other abilities. Most notably Turbulence and Tornado. Turbulence just needs to be fixed against grineer, that's it. Currently it does not provide protection for about a meter above the ground while airborne. Jumping on high level missions can literally insta-kill you because of this. Tornado on the other hand works fine mechanically but is too random. The tornadoes either need massive speed increases from enemy-to-enemy, have a much bigger are of effect or just be smarter in general because they often just fly off doing nothing.

Why did I not mention divebomb? because the sudden stop is pretty nice to have sometimes. It would need to stop momentum though, since I often overshoot my target after activating divebomb. Others suggest replacing the ability completely which I can live with. It's not necessarily something you'd want to use energy on.

2 minutes ago, zY_Spartan_Yz said:

Nononononononoooooooo no NO.

DON'T change her first ability. I've made similar posts like this before with the same idea but I was ignorant like hell. The thing is that Zephyr is the fasted Warframe if you know how to use her Tail Wind properly. Besides that... changing it would most likely hurt the ease of use more than anything. The one thing I would probably be ok with is it being a semi-toggle ability. When toggled on it will turn any jump (while in the air) into a Tail Wind, essentially creating infinite double jumps and thus flying. Though this really conflicts with how I currently use her tailwind so I'd rather not change it.

What I do agree on is her getting some much needed love on the other abilities. Most notably Turbulence and Tornado. Turbulence just needs to be fixed against grineer, that's it. Currently it does not provide protection for about a meter above the ground while airborne. Jumping on high level missions can literally insta-kill you because of this. Tornado on the other hand works fine mechanically but is too random. The tornadoes either need massive speed increases from enemy-to-enemy, have a much bigger are of effect or just be smarter in general because they often just fly off doing nothing.

Why did I not mention divebomb? because the sudden stop is pretty nice to have sometimes. It would need to stop momentum though, since I often overshoot my target after activating divebomb. Others suggest replacing the ability completely which I can live with. It's not necessarily something you'd want to use energy on.

yes im quite aware of the speed run zephyr build 

but currently you can attain that speed rating without needing to use it to launch 1st cast then second cast rush forward 

simplify it to just go top speed rush forward with horizontal and vertical control in that mode

24 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

yes im quite aware of the speed run zephyr build 

but currently you can attain that speed rating without needing to use it to launch 1st cast then second cast rush forward 

simplify it to just go top speed rush forward with horizontal and vertical control in that mode

I'm not sure you know what Zephyr's maximum tailwind speed is. There's a difference between just using tail wind and using tail wind with a double jump timed just right after it. I'll try and get a gif of the second...

This may take a while to upload... gyfcat seems kind of slow.

Spoiler

Sorry for the messed up ratio, that was shadowplay's fault.

Anyway my point is that I don't want to lose this functionality due to a rework. You can see the difference it makes in the gif.

Edited by zY_Spartan_Yz
gif finally uploaded

8 minutes ago, Littlerift said:

Zephyr's passive doesn't need changing at all, she just needs Dive Bomb rolling into Tailwind and a 2 that buffs projectile speed for a short duration.

I definitely wouldn't mind her passive to be further improved. Like give her an extremely floaty Aim Glide with 3x the time and really slow fixed descending speed during Aim Glide.

As for Dive Bomb, it certainly need some improvements (like more damage and probably scalable range from the height activation), but to be honest it's not that bad of a power if it was actually dealing some significant damage. On top of it, it would be cool if Dive Bomb had a variation castable on the ground with less damage but more CC (like blowing/ragdolling all enemies away)

I don't really understand why you want to give her a second power that speeds up projectiles, she already has Jet Stream.

Tail Wind and Tornadoes need some QoL work too though. Tornadoes need to get a better AI for spawning and chasing enemies and be able to trap enemies inside for longer times with an ability to deal damage to them by shooting Tornado. Tail Wind just need some small improvements, to be more fluid around edges (so you don't get stuck on a box...), get a reduced cost or consecutive cast mechanic, get some bug fixes, possibly replenish Double Jumps and Bullet Jumps on cast for even better aerial control, being able to interupt the previous Tail Wind mid-flight.