The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Launcher not starting

-Ryuurei-

Question

So yesterday night I just finished my homework and wanted to refresh my exrractors before calling it a night, but everytime I clicked play on steam the launcher wouldn't open, and steam didn't even tell me I was in-game already or put me as in-game. Tried some stuff in task manager to see if some open copy was preventing me (there wasn't) and then I gave up and reinstalled wf overnight. Now I tried to start the launcher again, same result as before. Does anyone know what's wrong with my launcher? All other games I own work perfectly fine.

TL:DR: warframe launcher won't open, reinstall didn't help, please tell me what I'm missing.

Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help me.

4 answers to this question

Most common issues:

1) Steam itself is glitched. Turn steam off and back on (preferably by restarting the computer)

2) The launcher is being blocked by an antispy or antispy program. Check the permissions, make sure Warframe hasn't been flagged as a trojan or rootkit

7 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Most common issues:

1) Steam itself is glitched. Turn steam off and back on (preferably by restarting the computer)

2) The launcher is being blocked by an antispy or antispy program. Check the permissions, make sure Warframe hasn't been flagged as a trojan or rootkit

I did restart steam by fully closing it before restarting, and pc restart too, still not working. As for it being blocked, that's highly unlikely as I'm the only one on that pc and no new antispy software was installed.

So far a full reinstall, a pc restart, a steam restart and chekcing for previously active copies of warframe blocking the current oenf rom launching all had zero success.

Edited by OG_DragonSkllzz
restart tested, still not working, please send help

11 hours ago, OG_DragonSkllzz said:

Just tried starting my launcher manually after locating it in my game files, nothing happens at all, no launcher, no error message and no remote crash sender opens. Please help, I don't want to fall behind on logins and other stuff.

The only thing I personally can suggest at this point is sending a support ticket. Though, sadly, this tends to take a few days

Hopefully someone else who knows what's going on is seeing this thread

Edit: Two people on the Steam forums suggested downloading the non-Steam launcher from the Warframe website

Edited by TARINunit9