Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Bladestorm Reworked

StealthDragoon

So, before I start, I must talk about an old hardcore ninja game that I used to play and still own to this day. It's called Shinobi on the Playstation 2.

In Shinobi, you are a badass ninja that can stop enemies in their tracks when struck. Chaining to other enemies will give you a better combo. Check the video below to get an idea.

If you watched the video, you might have noticed how Hotsuma (the hero) can kill enemies. If he kills fast enough, there's a little animation showing him sheathing his sword, and at that moment all enemies on screen (who were paralyzed) get diced at the same time in a stylish fashion.

But what does this have to do with Hotsuma's great-great-great space cousin, Ash? Enter Bladestorm 2.0!

So basically, Bladestorm would become a fusion between the current Bladestorm, Mesa's Peacemaker and Excalibur Exalted Blade. Here's a step by step on how it would work.

- Bladestorm is now toggable like Exca's EB. Drains energy over time.

- During Bladestorm, Ash is invisible.

- While Bladestorm is active, Right-Click will throw 3 homing paralyzing Shuriken, Left-Click will teleport-kill an enemy like in the old Bladestorm fashion.

- While Bladestorm is active, there would be a ring on the screen like Mesa's Peacemaker. This would be used to aim at enemies (duh!) for the next tele-kill. You'd have to aim at the enemy one lil second before a "lock-on" would occur, then you'd left-click tele-kill this locked-on enemy. Enemies who die by Bladestorm don't die right away; they stand very still like statues until the Bladestorm is toggled off (or the combo timeout timer expires). There could be a floating Orokin language symbol hovering in front of the enemy to indicate they've been Bladestorm'd.

- The Paralysing Shuriken used in Bladestorm (right-click) would make Lock-Ons faster (instantaneous) for Tele-Kills rather than wait a lil second. This would encourage fine-aming of your shuriken before following up with Tele-Kills. So badass.

- The tele-kill teleport radius would be relatively small, 25m radius tops (smaller than Mesa). When you're not in range, you have to walk yourself to the next enemy. You could still use #3 to do a far away teleport but you'd rather keep the energy to keep the Bladestorm going.

- Once you are done Bladestorming, Ash does some slick move with his arms, retracting his hidden blades. Then all enemies who were tagged by Bladestorm dies all the same time, usually dismembered, chopped to pieces. Then Ash stands there wit his noble arms crossed pose looking real badass.

- I don't know if Tele-Killing groups of enemies would be balanced. Maybe put a 3 enemy limit per tele-kills, like the current Bladestorm? Either way, I'd leave this balancing question to DE.

And that's it. If he'd get reworked this way, DE could make a new Ash helmet in the like of Hotsuma's headgear (metal headband, red scarf). If this rework ever happens, Ash will have climbed his way on top of the mountain of quintessential badassitude.

CMON DE, YOU CAN DO IT. YES, YOU OVER THERE! XD

Edited by StealthDragoon
Added some features, fixed typo in title

29 minutes ago, StealthDragoon said:

So, before I start, I must talk about an old hardcore ninja game that I used to play and still own to this day. It's called Shinobi on the Playstation 2.

In Shinobi, you are a badass ninja that can stop enemies in their tracks when struck. Chaining to other enemies will give you a better combo. Check the video below to get an idea.

If you watched the video, you might have noticed how Hotsuma (the hero) can kill enemies. If he kills fast enough, there's a little animation showing him sheathing his sword, and at that moment all enemies on screen (who were paralyzed) get diced at the same time in a stylish fashion.

But what does this have to do with Hotsuma's great-great-great space cousin, Ash? Enter Bladestorm 2.0!

So basically, Bladestorm would become a fusion between the current Bladestorm, Mesa's Peacemaker and Excalibur Exalted Blade. Here's a step by step on how it would work.

- Bladestorm is now toggable like Exca's EB. Drains energy over time.

- During Bladestorm, Ash is invisible.

- While Bladestorm is active, Right-Click will throw 3 homing paralyzing Shuriken, Left-Click will teleport-kill an enemy like in the old Bladestorm fashion.

- While Bladestorm is active, there would be a ring on the screen like Mesa's Peacemaker. This would be used to aim at enemies (duh!) for the next tele-kill. You'd have to aim at the enemy one lil second before a "lock-on" would occur, then you'd left-click tele-kill this locked-on enemy. Enemies who die by Bladestorm don't die right away; they stand very still like statues until the Bladestorm is toggled off (or the combo timeout timer expires). There could be a floating Orokin language symbol hovering in front of the enemy to indicate they've been Bladestorm'd.

- The tele-kill teleport radius would be relatively small, 25m radius tops (smaller than Mesa). When you're not in range, you have to walk yourself to the next enemy. You could still use #3 to do a far away teleport but you'd rather keep the energy to keep the Bladestorm going.

- Once you are done Bladestorming, Ash does some slick move with his arms, retracting his hidden blades. Then all enemies who were tagged by Bladestorm dies all the same time, usually dismembered, chopped to pieces. Then Ash stands there wit his noble arms crossed pose looking real badass.

And that's it. If he'd get reworked this way, DE could make a new Ash helmet in the like of Hotsuma's headgear (metal headband, red scarf). If this rework ever happens, Ash will have climbed his way on top of the mountain of quintessential badassitude.

CMON DE, YOU CAN DO IT. YES, YOU OVER THERE! XD

Where have You been Brother? I have been looking for You for a long time. I see there are still like minded individuals 

You expressed basically the Same exact concept I and Koga and a few others have offered. A Bladestorm Stance Togle Drain Ulti. There are a few guys here who will give You Hell about this topic or maybe just ignore it but You are quiet a Genius. I see no point for More Stance Ulti's except for Bladestorm because Bladestorm is a Melee Ulti and Ash uses his Katars (Hidden Blades) to Kill soo a Stance makes sense and allows players the ability to interact and kill them selves. Allowing synergy with Shuriken+Smoke Screen+Teleports is Fantastic and takes away the press 4 to watch this Ninja animation go down and makes me frustrated when allies are downed or cryopods are destroyed.

BTW Its funny how You used Shinobi PS2 and I posted this same video on My rework and soo did Koga, he used a similar concept with Ashs teleport and shinobis stealth dash as an augment leaving a shadow clone and detonating to stun enemies, but some liked and others hated. I see Ash as a Hybrid of Hotsuma and Ryu Hayabusa put in one package take a look at My thread and You will see alot of similarities to each other.

Thanx for supporting the Stance Bladestorm, I will link your thread to mines to show you support

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

Gimme a deluxe skin while your at it. I want a hood or cloak that makes him look like a legit ninja/assassin

I5fJYPS.jpg

Here you go, requested By Koga, designed by Fulcrvm.

ASH ONI HELM

Next up is FEUDAL ASH SKIN xD

I forgot a thing or 2. I will edit the first post with it.

- The Paralysing Shuriken used in Bladestorm (right-click) would make Lock-Ons faster (instantaneous) for Tele-Kills rather than wait a lil second. This would encourage fine-aming of your shuriken before following up with Tele-Kills. So badass.

- I don't know if Tele-Killing groups of enemies would be balanced. Maybe put a 3 enemy limit per tele-kills, like the current Bladestorm? Either way, I'd leave this balancing question to DE.

35 minutes ago, StealthDragoon said:

I forgot a thing or 2. I will edit the first post with it.

My idea was casting Shuriken Ash+2 Clones shoot 1 large energy Shuriken

These shurikens scale off melee mods along with Bladestorm.

The idea is when enemies are hit by shurikens and they suffer from Slash/Bleed DoT procs, they are considered under the effects of Ashs DEATH MARK similar to Zed from League of Legends. These Death Marks are indicators that an enemy can be Teleported to without Line of Sight, and there is no energy cost as long as the enemy is still under the Bleed proc from Shuriken. See the synergy between Shuriken and Teleport?

Now Smoke Screen is made a CC AoE choke Cloud that stuns enemies inside and choke them for a short duration, this cloud still allows Ash to run out side of its AoE invisible with the same duration and not hindering Ash players to sit in the cloud. Now the synergy of this with Teleport functions similar to Shuriken+Teleport. Enemies with in the Cloud that are still choking from Smoke Screen can be Teleported to with no LoS and free energy cost.(DEATH MARK)

The second synergy is with Ashs augment SMOKE SHADOW which is my favorite and best Ash augment, here is the deal. While smoke screen is up (equipped with SS) allies have a window of opportunity to enter a late smoke shadow and grant them the invisibility buff which cannot be nullified at all (Allies Only) Allies who enter the AoE are granted the casters full duration, so if the cloud has 1 second of life, the Ally gets (20-18-15-10-8 seconds) of invisibility.

This makes Ash a Team friendly and grants him a small much needed CC

The Free-aim dash teleports are basically a remake of Shinobi's Stealth Dash I will provide some proof that was posted last year by another Ash fan who is My clan leader

This thread was archived and closed soo noone may reply but I think this was a great idea for an ash augment and I made a remake of it to current date but noone even commented on it :(

Shinobi_by_Kenpudiosaki.jpg

This looks like Bladestorm to Me lol

6 minutes ago, StealthDragoon said:

I'll retort by saying your first reply isn't constructive and your username doesn't really help.

If you don't like the idea, ignore the thread and let it die.

My reply was fine.  I didn't like your idea.  You honestly didn't think that everyone would love your idea, did you?  Some people, perhaps many, will disagree with you.  Some people, perhaps many, will agree with you.  That's life.  No idea why you're getting bent out of shape about my user name.  It doesn't affect you in the least.

Anyway, I'll give you a tip.  When suggesting an idea, mechanic, art, or anything similar don't provide prior art.  Saying "This game does this" so I want your game to copy it is a guarantee it can't be included.  Saying "I want this piece of armor to look like this picture" guarantees it can't be added.

Anyway, don't be so touchy when someone disagrees with you.  Happens all the time in my threads as well.

56 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

My reply was fine.  I didn't like your idea.  You honestly didn't think that everyone would love your idea, did you?  Some people, perhaps many, will disagree with you.  Some people, perhaps many, will agree with you.  That's life.  No idea why you're getting bent out of shape about my user name.  It doesn't affect you in the least.

Anyway, I'll give you a tip.  When suggesting an idea, mechanic, art, or anything similar don't provide prior art.  Saying "This game does this" so I want your game to copy it is a guarantee it can't be included.  Saying "I want this piece of armor to look like this picture" guarantees it can't be added.

Anyway, don't be so touchy when someone disagrees with you.  Happens all the time in my threads as well.

The Troll Logic.... lol

I used a Shinobi PS2 video to get my idea across. Why is that bad? If we were Game designers or animators dont you think we would of designed a rework and submitted it?

That is the best way we know to compare something thats similar to what we are suggesting. I even posted Assassins Creed to compare My smoke screen idea, and Ninja Gaidens Ultimate Technique to compare with Ashs Bladestorm.

Is it wrong if a player makes an idea and posts a video from another game to compare it? If he makes a comment about an idea and asks for a piece of accessory thats bad as well?

I dont see anything wrong with  this nor is he breaking any rules here. I find Your Logic to be Trollish as You entered here making no type of contribution nor any positive feed back, same as on My thread You displayed no type of contribution only your opinion towards it in a personal way.

25 minutes ago, AKKILLA said:

Is it wrong if a player makes an idea and posts a video from another game to compare it?

Did you read my reply?  I didn't say it was wrong.  I didn't say he was breaking any rules.  I said it was a way to guarantee that the suggestion wouldn't be added.  Dude, just think about it.  Your company produces a game.  A game that takes dozens of people and decades of man hours to produce.  Then some other game developer starts copying the mechanics, artwork, and models.  You check out their forums and there are videos and pictures of your game of the newly added content.  What would you do?

Producing prior art and saying "please copy this" is a way to guarantee it can't be added.

5 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Did you read my reply?  I didn't say it was wrong.  I didn't say he was breaking any rules.  I said it was a way to guarantee that the suggestion wouldn't be added.  Dude, just think about it.  Your company produces a game.  A game that takes dozens of people and decades of man hours to produce.  Then some other game developer starts copying the mechanics, artwork, and models.  You check out their forums and there are videos and pictures of your game of the newly added content.  What would you do?

Producing prior art and saying "please copy this" is a way to guarantee it can't be added.

Ring a Bell?

MOAsDE.png

Looks like DE stole some Ideas no?

latest?cb=20111013015410

Yeah Im sure You get My point. Every game draws inspiration from one another and reference off each other. Im sure DE are Metal Gear solid fans but MoAs and Geckos are very alike. Still not agreeing with Me? Ok heres some more reference to Warframe stealing ideas form other games, actually mainly from Metal Gear.

metalgearsolid4-9.jpg

Look familiar?

latest?cb=20140110020513

Crying Wolf and Zanuka arent similar in every sense then idk what to say. Here is more just to prove My point. Nah I prefer not too i have to do more research and post here which is annoying since i cant remember the name of every similar enemy from other games that were stolen by DE. Lets not say stolen, lets call it an inspiration.

All the core ideas behind this rework is possible within the game.

Leave the stylish finisher out which the Shinobi reference alludes to and the similar headgear, and you still have nice Bladestorm rework.

Making something in a similar likeness doesn't necessarily mean ZOMG THEY COPIED THAT FROM ANOTHER GAME!!111!!. Paying tribute to the past is never bad.

Edited by StealthDragoon
typo

4 minutes ago, StealthDragoon said:

Leave the stylish finisher out which the Shinobi reference alludes

No what are You saying?!?!

Leave the stylish Finishers, why wouldnt we wanna see enemies diced to bits and pieces?

Thats what attracted Me to Bladestorm, well I atleast thought it would slice enemies in half and in game I was like WTF where are the dismemberment? 

4 minutes ago, AKKILLA said:

Ring a Bell?

There's a difference between similar or generic and "I want you to copy this thing that already exists." and providing that prior art.  Anyway, I'm done with discussing things with you.  You take any disagreement personally and as some sort of insult.  I did a quick search and found out there is an "ignore user" function" on this forum.  I'm taking that option.

3 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

There's a difference between similar or generic and "I want you to copy this thing that already exists." and providing that prior art.  Anyway, I'm done with discussing things with you.  You take any disagreement personally and as some sort of insult.  I did a quick search and found out there is an "ignore user" function" on this forum.  I'm taking that option.

Man noone is here taking anything personal, thats rediculous to say, You are just overreacting. If You choose to go that way fine thats your choice and a quiet petty way to go about it. 

If I was disrespectful towards you in any way tell Me. I will apologize as a Man, Im simply agreeing and disagreeing in a respectful manner without getting in my feelings but if i did offend You let it be known I will apologize. 

I actually thought we were discussing this in a constructive way but You for ome reason got disappointed, that shows You cant argue with someone who sees different, people get offended easily.

Sorry Bro, if it makes any difference and makes You feel better :/

OP idea, while i luv the inspiration from Shinobi, sounds terribly complex and would not mesh well with the pacing of the game, certainly that style works perfectly in a solo environment like Shinobi, but in WF your team/cell/squad/group is not going to wait for you, the proposed idea would just fall flat with ash always trying to tag enemies but never being able to finish them becuz the rest of the team slaughters them too quickly

IMHO bladestorm is honestly ok where it is atm, even though it is not terribly engaging, but if i was to suggest any changes i would try to go in a slightly different direction

the idea has been mentioned before that ash's shadow clones should play a more autonomous role, but i could also see a two-stage activation for the ability

ie ash intially using bladestorm would throw out raycasts/shuriken to any/all enemies in range [base 10/20/30/40m] as well as having a 'memory' of any enemy still alive that ash has previously used either his ult or #1 shurikens on [thus the raycast function would require LoS but it would also 'remember' enemies outside LoS that had been previously tagged but not yet killed], then upon a second activation ash would summon a shadow clone for each living enemy that has been 'tagged', each tagged enemy would then be attacked by a shadow clone using ash's previous bladestorm animations, afterwards the shadow clones would disappear, enemies killed in this way would allow their killer shadow clone to persist for 10/20/30/40secs, with a maximum of 1/2/3/4 shadow clones being allowed to remain, remaining shadow clones would then attempt to shuriken 'tag' another enemy in range and proceed to teleport to them and perform a finisher move, continuing the cycle until their duration expires ; any subsequent use of the bladestorm ability while existing shadow clones are still present would cause all existing shadow clones to rush back to ash and merge with him, each one healing him for 20% of his total health ; thus allowing a 'reset' of the cycle

another limiting factor could be that each individual autonomous shadow could have a maximum of 2/4/6/8 tgts before disappearing [otherwise they would only be limited by duration thus potentially able to kill an 'infinite' number of enemies within that time window, really limited only by the animation times], since the original raycast/tag would not have a limit on tgts, being restricted/balanced by requiring LoS and tag memory

its still largely a one-click ability, but subsequent uses have different functions, additionally it gains synergy with his #1, and lastly it doesnt lock out the player from the play-space during the duration, as the shadow clones all function autonomously ; 1st use - hit enemies with shurikens dealing dmg and tagging them, 2nd use - summons shadows for all tagged enemies, killed enemies leave behind a few remaining shadows that continue to tag/atk enemies until their duration expires or the ability is used again, optional 3rd use - shadows rush back to merge with ash and heal him for 20% for each shadow absorbed ; otherwise if the shadows were not re-merged then they would eventually disappear and the next use of the ability would be either the 1st or 2nd function [the 1st if no enemies in range were marked as 'tagged' and the 2nd if there were still live tgts that had not been killed yet]

Edited by CY13ERPUNK