The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is this happening?

tedbearr

Question

6 answers to this question

The new setup where our landing crafts appear to one another has gotten the whole matchmaking system in a bit of upheaval.  Basically, from what I am gathering, people either get impatient and leave, don't realize they are in a squad yet and leave, or it just random disconnects.  This is due to the host now 'hosting' our landing crafts pre-mission which causes some extra lag and updating time.

A clearer title for this question would be great, btw.

Edited by Xekrin

42 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

The new setup where our landing crafts appear to one another has gotten the whole matchmaking system in a bit of upheaval.  Basically, from what I am gathering, people either get impatient and leave, don't realize they are in a squad yet and leave, or it just random disconnects.  This is due to the host now 'hosting' our landing crafts pre-mission which causes some extra lag and updating time.

A clearer title for this question would be great, btw.

This implies having a couple of ships outside the window is a heavy drain on a network.

It's the same as loading screens. It tells you what the ship looks like and puts it on the screen. There is a very very low chance it's the problem.

42 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

This implies having a couple of ships outside the window is a heavy drain on a network.

It's the same as loading screens. It tells you what the ship looks like and puts it on the screen. There is a very very low chance it's the problem.

You misunderstand me, not saying its a strenuous load, I'm saying there is an ever so slight delay between squad members showing up on your screen (and theirs) that causes some to think the matchmaking did not work, so they disband before things sync up.  It only takes a moment or two but its enough.  Though there is also a problem with matchmaking itself where it sometimes appears to have found a squad for you to join then hiccups and you're left alone causing you to have to click find squad yet again.  

Have you not noticed the host migrations that occur (sometimes before) after missions when the host leaves? It reconnects the remaining squad members with a new host, until there are two left then disbands completely.  So it is clearly more than just showing pictures like in the loading screens.  It is quite literally placing all squad members onto the host's computer, same as a mission does, albeit a much smaller scale, but that momentary delay (along with actual problems with matchmaking) causes people to get impatient and disband prematurely.

I've sat and waited for a squad many times, only to watch so and so leave the squad as soon as they join for no reason, whether they leave on their own volition or its the servers booting them (as per OP) I do not know, but ever since our landing crafts come together at the start of squad creation, we've have multiple problems with matchmaking.

That is what the OP was asking, and although I don't know every exact detail of whats going on, its a good a guess as any.

7 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

You misunderstand me, not saying its a strenuous load, I'm saying there is an ever so slight delay between squad members showing up on your screen (and theirs) that causes some to think the matchmaking did not work, so they disband before things sync up.  It only takes a moment or two but its enough.  

You think the ships not showing up makes people leave?

Despite the fact that the majority of people joining a squad will be on the nav menu, where you can't see the ships?

12 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

You think the ships not showing up makes people leave?

Despite the fact that the majority of people joining a squad will be on the nav menu, where you can't see the ships?

No, I think people leave when icons don't immediately show up at the top of their screen next to their own icon suggesting they joined a squad.  As I said, twice already, there is now a slight delay between ships arriving (you can hear them actually, so no, I never said people watched for them) and icons popping up in the squad in navigation.  Join a public mission, most notably draco, though sorties will suffice and do it a few times, you will notice the delay.

Or perhaps I'm crazy and its just happening to me. shrug. Oh and also the OP obviously,  And nearly everyone who has posted a thread here

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/26-matchmaking/ in the past two weeks.  

Yeah, probably just me.