Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if Wraith/Vandal weapons had AoE damage effects?

residente

First of all sorry if I post this on the wrong forum section or if this has been suggested before, but I was thinking about Syndicate AoE effects and the fact that most Wraith and Vandal weapons are underused for several reasons.

Current Wraith weapons:

• Strun
  • Machete
  • Twin Vipers
  • Gorgon
  • Latron
  • Karak
  • Vulkar

Outside of Vulkar, I don't see anyone using those weapons, there are some (like me) Karak and Gorgon lovers, Latron is also a liked weapon but even with that I don't see anyone using them. I could say that Strun, Machete, the Twin Vipers and the Gorgon should get some love, maybe an explosion proc would be something possitive to add to such weapons.  
With Vulkar's Lasting Purity it would override the wraith explosion with the New Loka explosion or viceversa.

Current Vandal weapons:

• Lato
  • Braton
  • Snipetron
  • Prova
  • Quanta
  • Dera

I literally see no Vandal weapons in the game. It's true that Lato, Braton and Snipetron Vandal are very exclusive and a very few amount of people have them, but with the other three we have the same problem as above, no one uses them and they could get a slight buff.

Suggestion

Wraith weapons
When triggered, Wrath will release an AoE radial attack around the player, dealing 1000 Impact damage and applying the Impact Status Effect to enemies in range. It will also restore 25% of the player's base Health, and provide a (base) fire rate/attack speed boost of +20% for 30 seconds.

Vandal weapons
When triggered, Greed will release an AoE radial attack around the player, dealing 1000 Puncture damage and applying the Puncture Status Effect to enemies in range. It will also restore 25% of the player's base Shield, and provide a (base) shield recharge boost of +75% for 30 seconds.

What do you think? Too strong? Too weak? Not needed? Leave your opinion and give feedback.

Edited by residente

The reason that the Wraith/Vandal weapons are not seen too often is because most are simply unable to keep damage high enough for most high-level planets, and even some mid-level planets. Not to say that the Quanta Vandal is underwhelming in any regards [I run mine with 80% status and 25% crit at 3.2X multiplier and over 1,000 damage of Corrosive and Blast. Shred makes it a crowd obliteration weapon]. Also, most Tenno simply don't have them. Simply 1 in possibly 25 Tenno have at least one Wraith, and less for the Vandal weapons. 

But your idea for a radial blast would definitely bring some interest back into them, or at least enable a higher level use other than Mastery fodder.

21 hours ago, WhiteTimberwolf said:

The reason that the Wraith/Vandal weapons are not seen too often is because most are simply unable to keep damage high enough for most high-level planets, and even some mid-level planets. Not to say that the Quanta Vandal is underwhelming in any regards . Also, most Tenno simply don't have them. Simply 1 in possibly 25 Tenno have at least one Wraith, and less for the Vandal weapons. 

But your idea for a radial blast would definitely bring some interest back into them, or at least enable a higher level use other than Mastery fodder.

SnipetronV is still pretty good at high level stuff, though DE recently nerfed it.

Edited by Skycook3y
text was italic for some reason