Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Someone Walk me Through Player Trading?

(PSN)MelodiousMelody

Question

Greetings! Yet another question.

A bit self explanatory, how do I exactly trade with another player? I've decided to try out the trading system for the first time. I have some Prime Parts/Prints that I would like to trade for Platinum, but yea. No idea what I should do/what to expect?

I have prints for Saryn Prime Systems, and Nyx Prime Systems I would like trade.

Also are found/loot Prime parts trade-able? I can't remember (forgive my ignorance).

On a side note: the chat window for trading is crazy fast.

17 answers to this question

To begin, for a better trading experience, use http://warframe.market. Look for Tenno who are advertising their buy/sell orders with the Search function, or post your own buy/sell orders and wait 5 minutes.

While waiting, check out some Safe Trading Tips

Now, a step-by-step process of a typical trade.

1. You find a Tenno looking to buy a blueprint on Warframe Market, named Chuluthu, for example.
  2. Chuluthu is tagged as Online In Game. Yay!
  3. Switch back to Warframe, and whisper Chuluthu in-game by typing
/w Chuluthu Hi, are you still looking to buy X Blueprint?
  1. Assuming Tenno Chuluthu replies with a polite affirmative, either ask them to invite you to their Clan Dojo, or invite them to yours.
    • If neither of you do not have a Clan Dojo with a Trading Post decoration, you can form a Squad and meet at Earth, Maroo's Bazaar
  2. Assuming you meet in your Clan's Dojo, find the Trading Post and activate it once Chuluthu loads in
  3. A menu will appear listing the available Tenno to trade with. Select Chuluthu from the list.
  4. Another menu will appear with two rows of five boxes. The top row are the items you are offering, the bottom is Chuluthu's.
  5. Click on one of the boxes, select Blueprint. Either scroll through your Blueprint inventory or use the Search box.
  6. Once all the agreed-upon trade items are in place (please, PLEASE double check), click the Accept Trade box.
  7. Assuming all goes well, the trade will complete. Exchange pleasantries and depart from the Dojo in your own time.

I often resize my trade window vertically so i can catch all the things being typed.  Try that.

In order to trade, you will need to be in a clan.  One of your own or join one.   You need to build a clan key to make that member ship official.

The clan will need a trade post within it.

If you find someone that wants to trade with you, you either invite him to your clan dojo  or get invited to his dojo.

Then they rest should be easy to figure out, such as using the trade window while inside the dojo.

You need to be invited/Invite them to your or they invite you to their dojo. There either one of you will access a Trading post and initiate a trade.
On the chance you two don't have dojos. You may go to Maroo's Bazaar on Earth. There you two can initiate a trade in the open by putting up what you offer and someone will come to you to offer you something for yours.

Edited by ToaPhantom
Extra info.

Ojimaru has a pretty good layout, my only input is that WF Market doesn't have the same traffic as trade chat. It's roughly the same experience, catch them buying/selling, whisper them. Haggle for a price, and if both of you agree, trade. If you're uncertain about a price, I DO recommend checking Market, and finding a good middle ground from buying and selling for an general price to aim for. 

Thank you all for your answers, much appreciate.

3 hours ago, Ojimaru said:

To begin, for a better trading experience, use http://warframe.market. Look for Tenno who are advertising their buy/sell orders with the Search function, or post your own buy/sell orders and wait 5 minutes.

While waiting, check out some Safe Trading Tips

Now, a step-by-step process of a typical trade.

1. You find a Tenno looking to buy a blueprint on Warframe Market, named Chuluthu, for example.
  2. Chuluthu is tagged as Online In Game. Yay!
  3. Switch back to Warframe, and whisper Chuluthu in-game by typing

/w Chuluthu Hi, are you still looking to buy X Blueprint?
  1. Assuming Tenno Chuluthu replies with a polite affirmative, either ask them to invite you to their Clan Dojo, or invite them to yours.
    • If neither of you do not have a Clan Dojo with a Trading Post decoration, you can form a Squad and meet at Earth, Maroo's Bazaar
  2. Assuming you meet in your Clan's Dojo, find the Trading Post and activate it once Chuluthu loads in
  3. A menu will appear listing the available Tenno to trade with. Select Chuluthu from the list.
  4. Another menu will appear with two rows of five boxes. The top row are the items you are offering, the bottom is Chuluthu's.
  5. Click on one of the boxes, select Blueprint. Either scroll through your Blueprint inventory or use the Search box.
  6. Once all the agreed-upon trade items are in place (please, PLEASE double check), click the Accept Trade box.
  7. Assuming all goes well, the trade will complete. Exchange pleasantries and depart from the Dojo in your own time.

Oh, wow! Thank you for this. Seems quite handy. I'll have to remember and check on it regularly.

4 hours ago, VampirePirate said:

I often resize my trade window vertically so i can catch all the things being typed.  Try that.

In order to trade, you will need to be in a clan.  One of your own or join one.   You need to build a clan key to make that member ship official.

The clan will need a trade post within it.

If you find someone that wants to trade with you, you either invite him to your clan dojo  or get invited to his dojo.

Then they rest should be easy to figure out, such as using the trade window while inside the dojo.

Hrm, will have to work on our clan's trading post ASAP.

4 hours ago, ToaPhantom said:

You need to be invited/Invite them to your or they invite you to their dojo. There either one of you will access a Trading post and initiate a trade.
On the chance you two don't have dojos. You may go to Maroo's Bazaar on Earth. There you two can initiate a trade in the open by putting up what you offer and someone will come to you to offer you something for yours.

This might be an incredibly ignorant question, but how does one get to Maroo's Bazaar on Earth? I've been wondering for a while now, why I can't get to it. The tileset is just out of reach for me. :(

Is is quest locked?

4 hours ago, Rhekemi said:

In addition to what the two Tenno above said, you can find more information here (like trade taxes, and item exceptions like special weapons and the Nezha warframe):

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Trade_System

Much appreciate, the tax bit was a nice reminder. I remember reading about it... but heavens forbid my godawful memory.

Side note: reading 1mil tax for particular mods nearly horrified me. I struggle just to keep 100k, mod upgrading is sneakily costly.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)MelodiousMelody said:

This might be an incredibly ignorant question, but how does one get to Maroo's Bazaar on Earth? I've been wondering for a while now, why I can't get to it. The tileset is just out of reach for me. :(

Is is quest locked?

You can get to her Bazaar straight away, you don't need to unlock it.
If it still doesn't work, i think you need to complete the stolen dreams quest.

3 hours ago, SquireAngel said:

Ojimaru has a pretty good layout, my only input is that WF Market doesn't have the same traffic as trade chat. It's roughly the same experience, catch them buying/selling, whisper them. Haggle for a price, and if both of you agree, trade. If you're uncertain about a price, I DO recommend checking Market, and finding a good middle ground from buying and selling for an general price to aim for. 

I've noticed. I'm hoping it's just the time of day/night (2AM on a weekday). 

I also don't notice a lot of PS4 users either.

I would also like to add, how does anyone get anything traded via chat window? Phew, I can hardly keep up.

What's important at first is to get a feeling of what stuff is actually worth. Knowing the value of things is the foundation of successful trading.

7 hours ago, (PS4)MelodiousMelody said:

I have prints for Saryn Prime Systems, and Nyx Prime Systems I would like trade.

The Saryn stuff is worth something. Forget about trading Nyx Prime Systems. Pro tip: build them in your foundry and take them to the relay. Building them increases their ducat value from 10 to 50!

Well, you go down to a place oyu can trade (of course) then, you find someone willing to trade with you. You will see roughly 5 slots on top and on the bottom. Click on any of the top slots and a screen should show up. It will ask you what type of item you want to trade. Click on a category and select an item. When the other player  gives you agrees to give you something you want, you both hit "ready to trade" then, the trade is done! (there are taxes though)

4 hours ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

What's important at first is to get a feeling of what stuff is actually worth. Knowing the value of things is the foundation of successful trading.

The Saryn stuff is worth something. Forget about trading Nyx Prime Systems. Pro tip: build them in your foundry and take them to the relay. Building them increases their ducat value from 10 to 50!

I'm finding that difficult. All the price references are (apparently inaccurate/out of date) and the prices are just all over the place in the trading window. Cray-cray.
But you're right, looks like I'll be lurking the trade chat for a while. 

Saryn, got it!

I forgot about those Ducats... I'll have to wait for the trader before I can sell though, right? Knowing my luck I'll forget all about it all over again.