Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about Dex weapons

Alexter

Question

Hello all

Altough i started warframe many years, i miss the previous anniversary, so i just discover the Dex Weapons, and found they looks pretty cool

Now, i wanna know if they are great weapons or  just "cool skin", and how to build them. And because i love to play "1 warframe = 1 dedicated set of weapon", i'm looking for the best warframe to synergize with them

Dex Furis and Dex Sybaris seems to be build for crit, where Dex Dakra should b status weapon. Am i wrong ? (i don't really use Afuris and Sybaris, too much weapon to upgrade)

Thanks !

10 answers to this question

dakra and sybaris do go well how u guessed but dex furis i just have not found a keepable build + i have wraith vipers which are much better i never bothered with as much furises

crit might work on it but then again u need tons of ammo pads if u go down that road :/

Dex Furis and Dex Dakra are ok, but not great. Furis has the problem of all automatic secondaries, which is S#&$ty ammo economy, even with primed ammo mutation. Dex Dakra has the problem of bad dual sword stances, which lack the utility and damage multipliers of a lot of better stances.

Dex Sybaris stats seem to be the same as regular Sybaris but with more base damage, so it's just a strictly better version of an already decent weapon.

The Dex Sybaris looks very promising. I have yet to max forma it, but the stats look very good for a crit build. As for the other two, I don't remember them being amazing but they weren't bad either. Though they would be great for a beginner. I'd recommend getting them to 30, throwing a couple good mods on and deciding for yourself.  

I recommend ditching the "1 warframe = 1 set of weapons" line of thinking.

Warframe HAS synergy, but 90% of the time, picking a particular weapon has no effect on how awesome a frame is.  Mirage was released with "her favorite pistols, the AkZani".  Nobody uses AkZani.  They don't synergize with Mirage any better than other weapons.

Tonkor synergizes with Mirage, but then again, so does Soma, Torid, Ogris, Penta, Sonicor, Redeemer, Paris, Opticor, and the Glaive.  Also, literally every other ranged weapon in game.

The dex weapons are a fine addition to any player's arsenal, as they come with free slots and potatos.  That's going to help a TON of new players, but I can promise you that 80% of them will move on to better weapons, and for me, it's 3 free weapon slots.  Dex Dakra is an overall better melee weapon than the Dakra prime, but Broken War beats even that out.  AkStilleto pistols beat Dex Furis in a number of stats, with nearly thrice the accuracy, and half the reload time, and slightly greater overall damage.  (Although DPS isn't everything, Akstilletto will have lower theoretical DPS considering the fire rate, but then with the terrible Dex Furis accuracy, you will miss far more often, which means lower actual DPS on the Dex.)

However, the Dex Furis is a flat-out upgrade over the AkZani so I recommend not using mirage's favorite weapons ever.

4 hours ago, Alexter said:

Hello all

Altough i started warframe many years, i miss the previous anniversary, so i just discover the Dex Weapons, and found they looks pretty cool

Now, i wanna know if they are great weapons or  just "cool skin", and how to build them. And because i love to play "1 warframe = 1 dedicated set of weapon", i'm looking for the best warframe to synergize with them

Dex Furis and Dex Sybaris seems to be build for crit, where Dex Dakra should b status weapon. Am i wrong ? (i don't really use Afuris and Sybaris, too much weapon to upgrade)

Thanks !

They look cool, that's it. You can run them with a proto excal in the relays to look all Original Lotus Squad but other than that there is no reason to use them.

This is my build. It works just fine for me. Any questions, Alexter, and I'll be happy to answer them. Just shoot me a message. Otherwise, here it is.

PRLyMus.jpg

Also, my friend suggests to "try adding Seeker to your Dex Furis. You'll be surprised by how much better it makes not just this weapon, but any Duel Automatic sidearm".

Edited by PickleMonster21

On 3/23/2016 at 7:58 AM, EvilKam said:

I recommend ditching the "1 warframe = 1 set of weapons" line of thinking.

Warframe HAS synergy, but 90% of the time, picking a particular weapon has no effect on how awesome a frame is.  Mirage was released with "her favorite pistols, the AkZani".  Nobody uses AkZani.  They don't synergize with Mirage any better than other weapons.

Tonkor synergizes with Mirage, but then again, so does Soma, Torid, Ogris, Penta, Sonicor, Redeemer, Paris, Opticor, and the Glaive.  Also, literally every other ranged weapon in game.

The dex weapons are a fine addition to any player's arsenal, as they come with free slots and potatos.  That's going to help a TON of new players, but I can promise you that 80% of them will move on to better weapons, and for me, it's 3 free weapon slots.  Dex Dakra is an overall better melee weapon than the Dakra prime, but Broken War beats even that out.  AkStilleto pistols beat Dex Furis in a number of stats, with nearly thrice the accuracy, and half the reload time, and slightly greater overall damage.  (Although DPS isn't everything, Akstilletto will have lower theoretical DPS considering the fire rate, but then with the terrible Dex Furis accuracy, you will miss far more often, which means lower actual DPS on the Dex.)

However, the Dex Furis is a flat-out upgrade over the AkZani so I recommend not using mirage's favorite weapons ever.

Actually the akstiletto beat out the DexFuris in DPS as well if you were to put a critical status Hybrid Build. It will do like 700-1000 on Bodyshots, and 3000 to 3500 on head shots.