Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ultframe, Press4Frame, Nukeframe, Uberframe

Hayden11121

This thread is hilarious.

"You mean an ability isn't overshadowed by guns? Gotta nerf it so we can play Gears of Warframe!"

"You know the ~50% of people who play games who don't play multiplayer who might appreciate a f2p game? Screw them, DE clearly shouldn't want their money."

Personally, I feel that the "press 4 to win" problem stems from a bunch of smaller problems. 

My experience says otherwise. I see energy drops freakin everywhere, no matter what the mission is. I can easily use my ult in every single room of any given mission, and very often multiple times in the same room, except perhaps the first couple of missions of the first system, where the spawn rates are oddly low.

This isn't true 100% of the time, but speaking purely in terms of probability, every enemy you kill does not drop an energy orb, therefore, the more enemies you kill, the more chances you have at dropping orbs. Hence, defense missions are more prone to be riddled with energy orbs rather than any other kind of mission due to the sheer number of enemies you encounter, leaving you a massive abundance of energy to spam your ult with.

I'd love to play this co-op, but the worthless netcode, host migration issues, and my useless ISP make it impossible.

Undoubtedly, the hosting system is akin to a horrible devil spawn of Call of Duty's host based system, in relation to relying on a random player being the host (unless you are yourself the host and was able to press that "play now" button before the game immediately threw you into one), and having a terrible internet connection by himself, let alone supporting a four-way connection. Not to mention host migration doesn't even happen until the host leaves the game, instead of forcing a reconnection on the player with the best connection to dedicate them as host.

I see a decent amount of people complain about this, which I understand, but this game is focused around four player teams, where you have a variety of skills at your disposal. If you play single player, you will find yourself using your ult more often than usual because in terms of sheer damage output, you are literally outputting 1/4th of the damage, either with your gun or abilities, and you simply don't have the DPS that this game normally calls for. The damage isn't there from your team, it's only you, so of course, you're going to be forced to use your higher damaging skills more frequently to protect yourself and stay alive. That being said, you shouldn't be forced to play a certain way to have fun playing solo in this game.

Now, with everything that I've said, I can really only follow up with this statement: This game is what you make of it, just like most shooters. Think for two seconds about shooter that is available. Now, take a weapon out of that game that people constantly *@##$ about. For example, I'm going to take Call of Duty, Modern Warfare 2, and I'm going to use any missle launcher/40mm grenade launcher as an example. 

I have played this game for 2-3 years straight when it came out. I can't tell you how often people would play Search and Destroy and simply launch rockets and grenades everywhere. Was it effective? You bet your &#!. Was it cheap and readily available? Definitely. Did it destroy the purpose of using any other gun? Yes, because it was a cheap, effective way of clearing out enemies that you didn't have to aim very efficiently with; but also no,  because people wanted the challenge of playing the game without resorting to such a gimmicky weapon and rofl-stomping their way through the game. 

Can you see where I'm going with this? Some people just want to win. They will spam that ultimate until the sun goes down. Other people, like myself,  will use my abilities sparingly, and use ALL the tools I have at my disposal, because that's what I want this game to be. I want it to be fun. So stop complaining that people aren't playing the way you want to. It's a huge online community, find some friends with similar interests, and learn how to have fun.

at higher waves you need your 4. the health of the enemy is so incredible high, that you cna shoot all your ammo in them without even scratching them.

im using my 4 most of the time only if the pod is swarmed or if there is a group bunched together - thats what it is for.

the rest goes down through my bow or my despair, sometimes even because of my kestrel.

it depends on what frame you are.

a vauban should rarely use his 4 in defense, instead he should use his 3 (atleast against infested)

same for frost against grineer/corpus, dont use his avalanche, they are meant to protect the pod, not nuke everything.

trinity? energy vampire, what else?

if YOU dont want to use your 4...just dont use it.

but dont blame other players for it. if they like it and if they have the energy, let them

Edited by LazerusKI

And spam 4 isn't possible for me. I have Loki, Volt, and Rhino. I use it every once in a while when I need a life saver, as I said.

You can spam your ults just as much as everybody else.

You have the same max on energy unmodded as everybody else and your ability cost is the same as well.

Some of us like to and do use our other abilities because they compliment our preferred play-style. Others run, gun, and ult. Find other players that share the same preferences as you and start playing together regularly; you'll get better as a team.

Besides, as rhino, you only spam 4 against bosses to keep them still and harmless... you're usually spamming 2 as you wade through crowds of mobs.

I read the post and I was like "really?  He's complaining about ember?  He's complaining about banshee's sonar?" then I saw that it's hayden who was just complaining that this game has RNG loot so it all made sense.  Hayden, please stop making posts until you've gotten deeper into the game.  I mean you're complaining about ember.... not even mentioning saryn or vauban.  All that says to me is that you haven't played much at high level if any at all.  

Every post this guy makes is filled with arguing and becomes toxic because he can't accept that he makes terrible suggestions.

Reading the OP's original post I can infer the following in these sample situations:

Playing Infested defense, he doesn't want me using Ember's World on Fire, which does increased damage to Infested and is my most effective skill in killing off hordes of the enemy and ensuring the pod stays alive for as long as possible, meaning the team can go on for higher waves, get more mods and xp.

In mobile defense, he doesn't want me using Saryn's Miasma when I'm guarding the pod, when I'm swarmed by advancing Grineer on all sides with rollers to boot. I have a Vulkar equipped that obviously can't deal with all those targets at once, what am I supposed to do, let the pod be destroyed and lose all the mods and resources for the team?

If players using their ultimates to kill enemies in the most efficient way possible bothers the OP so much, there are options for him to never be bothered by it - playing solo and with friends, setting an agreement beforehand that they don't use their ultimates.

I really have to say this - yet another self-serving, "it's all about me" thread where players want to ruin the game for everyone else just because they don't like how others choose to play. How about we get some constructive going instead? Like some AoE ultimates getting revisited and tweaked to promote more team play and setting them apart from just generic damage nukes.

I really have to say this - yet another self-serving, "it's all about me" thread where players want to ruin the game for everyone else just because they don't like how others choose to play. How about we get some constructive going instead? Like some AoE ultimates getting revisited and tweaked to promote more team play and setting them apart from just generic damage nukes.

He has 411 posts and has been playing 1 month.  I think that really says it all.