Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

confused PVP

Flegias

Question

I started playing pvp a few days and when I arrived at rank 3 seems that became hell, everyone kills me with one shot ... maximum 2 ... with melee forget it !! 1 slide atk I go out already flying dead !!! I wanted to know what the hell affects the damage in pvp? how many polarities have the gun? mods pve ??? to the rank 2 I had twice as many deaths, now I'm down twice * --- * I'm desperate. I liked the conclave to face me with this !!! it seems I am a minion! I do not give damage and die as if it were made of glass ... I use Excalibur, dex Sybaris and skana prism.

17 answers to this question

Conclave matches are mainly seperated by two categories : Recruit Conditioning & non-Recruit Conditioning.
If you are placed rank 3 or higher in the Conclave Syndicate, you are automatically placed in non-Recruit Conditioning (aka normal) matches.
Players in the latter category are usually much more experienced compared to RC players, so you will need a lot more practice to compete.

95% of mods in Conclave are utility, so almost none of them increase damage directly, even those that do has conditions attached to them, i.e. : Requires shots to land before activating, etc. and are mostly non-essential to the overall weapon performance / damage. Mods in general do not play a huge factor in one's performance, but certainly makes things a little easier, with increased holster speed, reload while holstered, etc. 

Since you're already rank 3, you can only play in non-RC matches, so the only piece of advice I can give you is to practice more, maybe get some friends to do it with you. You could try and ask Support to revert your Conclave rank to 2, (not sure if they could, but definitely worth a try if you are so inclined to do so).

Spoiler

We also have a Conclave Discord server which consists of a lot of Conclave regulars, if you wish to improve, or seek experience from us, join us here : https://discord.gg/0o35sDMUR9RSWTWz

Edited by Neah

There are no straight up damage mods in conclave(with few exceptions), people just aim for the headshot multiplier. The Daikyu and some snipers have mods that can buff their damage at a cost so those can oneshot if you have the decent aim for it.

Quick killing is mostly aim skill.

Edited by Major_Phantom

6 minutes ago, Neah said:

Conclave matches are mainly seperated by two categories : Recruit Conditioning & non-Recruit Conditioning.
If you are placed rank 3 or higher in the Conclave Syndicate, you are automatically placed in non-Recruit Conditioning (aka normal) matches.
Players in the latter category are usually much more experienced compared to RC players, so you will need a lot more practice to compete.

95% of mods in Conclave are utility, so almost none of them increase damage directly, even those that do has conditions attached to them, i.e. : Requires shots to land before activating, etc. and are mostly non-essential to the overall weapon performance / damage. Mods in general do not play a huge factor in one's performance, but certainly makes things a little easier, with increased holster speed, reload while holstered, etc. 

Since you're already rank 3, you can only play in non-RC matches, so the only piece of advice I can give you is to practice more, maybe get some friends to do it with you. You could try and ask Support to revert your Conclave rank to 2, (not sure if they could, but definitely worth a try if you are so inclined to do so).

Hi! I saw you in the conclave today, obviously you will not tell me what the secret of you HAHAHA has always at least two players who kill 15-25 people and others are only 5-8 (me for example) and I see clearly guys, the "experienced" kill everyone with a maximum of 2 shots ... for me this has nothing to do with experience

Edited by Flegias

Just now, Flegias said:

Hi! I saw you in the conclave today, obviously you will not tell me what the secret of you HAHAHA has always at least 2 players q kill 15-25 people and others are only 5-8 (me for example) and I see clearly guys, the "experienced" kill everyone with a maximum of 2 shots ... for me this has nothing to do with experience

There is no secret to it, the Dex Sybaris deals ~75 damage a shot, and has a 2 shot burst every trigger pull. So only two trigger pulls are required to kill (assuming all the shots land), headshots do 1.5x more damage. Latron series are also quite comparable in terms of damage, requiring an average of 3-4 shots to kill on body shots, and only 2-3 shots on headshots. 

10 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

There are no straight up damage mods in conclave(with few exceptions), people just aim for the headshot multiplier. The Daikyu and some snipers have mods that can buff their damage at a cost so those can oneshot if you have the decent aim for it.

Quick killing is mostly aim skill.

example of weapons that I see people! gorgon, soma, boltor, Sybaris ... and his explanation would make sense if it were not weapons melee that also kill with few attacks compared to one that I'm using if it's the same opponent

11 minutes ago, Neah said:

There is no secret to it, the Dex Sybaris deals ~75 damage a shot, and has a 2 shot burst every trigger pull. So only two trigger pulls are required to kill (assuming all the shots land), headshots do 1.5x more damage. Latron series are also quite comparable in terms of damage, requiring an average of 3-4 shots to kill on body shots, and only 2-3 shots on headshots. 

as well??? your dex sybaris deals 75 damage ??? my deals 37 HAHAHAHA the secret?

3 minutes ago, Flegias said:

as well??? your dex sybaris deals 75 damage ??? my deals 37 HAHAHAHA the secret?

That should not be the case, unless you're facing :
1)  An opponent who is blocking with melee
2) Mesa with Shatter Shield (50% damage reduction)
3) Trinity with Link tethered to someone (40% damage reduction)
4) Trinity with Blessing (1-80% damage reduction)
5) Usage of knockdown damage reduction mods (50% damage reduction)

That's about it, other than that your Dex Sybaris should have ~75 damage, since there is no mods to affect its total damage.

Edited by Neah

1 minute ago, FlyingLlama said:

The "Secret" is everyone uses high-damage weapons and has good aim.

It is called skill, it makes people mad.

dex Sybaris, the same weapon that I use. I have tested tirelessly, I got to double the amount of times I've been shot. in any situation 2 shots and I die ... and not only with that gun! with any weapon! already heard some time I bumped into an enemy and we both gave 2 shots on each other, I died and he did not lose 50% of life

4 minutes ago, Neah said:

That should not be the case, unless you're facing :
1)  An opponent who is blocking with melee
2) Mesa with Shatter Shield (50% damage reduction)
3) Trinity with Link tethered to someone (40% damage reduction)
4) Trinity with Blessing (1-80% damage reduction)
5) Usage of knockdown damage reduction mods (50% damage reduction)

That's about it, other than that your Dex Sybaris should have ~75 damage, since there is no mods to affect its total damage.

it is impossible for the person were blocking since she was shooting back. It is kind of rare to see mesa and trinity in the conclave. one was shooting back then it was not fallen

Welcome to the complete lack of learning curve- replaced instead with a steep cliff no one can climb because of the people that dedicate every minute to PvP  and have monster reaction times and aim- and are impossible to hit because movement is too fast and they never stop moving.

53 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Welcome to the complete lack of learning curve- replaced instead with a steep cliff no one can climb because of the people that dedicate every minute to PvP  and have monster reaction times and aim- and are impossible to hit because movement is too fast and they never stop moving.

warframe pvp, where all shots are in the head, it's all explained

12 minutes ago, FlyingLlama said:

Dex Sybaris does 67x2 per shot in pvp with 1.5x headshot multiplier. There is no reason it should do 37 damage unless you are shooting something with some sort of damage resistance from an ability.

Chances are you just missed completely.

okay, I can even accept that you guys, players "experienced" hit every time the head, even if shooting from the bottom up (haha), but explain to me then why melee weapons of you kill so fast ?? melee head shot?

5 hours ago, Flegias said:

okay, I can even accept that you guys, players "experienced" hit every time the head, even if shooting from the bottom up (haha), but explain to me then why melee weapons of you kill so fast ?? melee head shot?

Yes, U can easilly check for yourself. Equip melee while u are "Kill x enemies with headshot" Challenge running

I feel your pain guy. I accepted an invite without realizing it was conclave, ouch. Didn't realize until too late I hadn't set up my conclave default loadout either, bigger ouch. I went from a rhino/boltor/obex setup I was lvling, to my Excal armed with only braton, awkward.  (I had sold the other weapons locked into the default conclave setup). Even when I did hit somebody,  I saw no noticeable damage. It's a learning curve setup like traditional martial arts;  get beat on for a long time and hope you learn,ha ha ha. Think I'll stay away from PvP for a while.