Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twin Grakatas Modding Help

Ifeno

Question

I'm really at a loss with these things.  I really like the idea of Dual SMGs, but even with 5 formas and a potatoe, the damage seems underwhelming and they're absolute bullet hoses.  If I fight with them for more than a minute I'm completely out of ammo.  Any suggestions?  What are your builds?  Should I invest in Primed Pistol Ammo Mut?

Edited by Ifeno

5 answers to this question

The game seems to be full of secondaries with ammo issues, so PPAM is a good investment (I love mine, for the number of weapons it makes viable).

Twin Grakatas are a crit weapon, so Primed Pistol Gambit and Primed Target Cracker are other good primed mods for it.  It's almost like the thing was intended to use 3 primed mods.

Sharpened Bullets / Hydraulic Crosshairs (+crit% on headshot/kill) may also be good mods for bumping that crit% up.  HC+PPG can give you over 100% crit for red crits.

4 minutes ago, SquireAngel said:

Twin Grakata build. Pathogen rounds can be swapped for any elemental you feel.

i go with this same build except i don't use lethal torrent and instead i use Hydraulic Crosshairs as the boost in critical chance (with primed pistol gambit makes grakata sometimes get red crits after headshots) more than makes up for it and the fire rate is reasonable. Also go with corrosive damage to remove armor of grineer or viral if you have a team with corrosive projection. 

2 minutes ago, Darthmufin said:

i go with this same build except i don't use lethal torrent and instead i use Hydraulic Crosshairs as the boost in critical chance (with primed pistol gambit makes grakata sometimes get red crits after headshots) more than makes up for it and the fire rate is reasonable. Also go with corrosive damage to remove armor of grineer or viral if you have a team with corrosive projection. 

Forgot Hydraulic existed. I usually use Status secondaries, so my eyes aren't usually on it lol.

9 hours ago, SquireAngel said:

Forgot Hydraulic existed. I usually use Status secondaries, so my eyes aren't usually on it lol.

yeah the twin grakatas are pretty much the only weapon besides maybe the aksomati that you don't need lethal torrent and it's more efficient to replace it with hydraulic crosshairs