Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Ranking

ReiganCross

DE, can you please allow me to punch you in the gut so i can destroy you from the inside? And nobody in particular, really, i just want DE to materialize as a magical entity, and then i want to punch you in the gut for this @(*()$ frustration you trust on me every 2 weeks or so...

Seriously though, why is it that every time i want to hit the next rank you guys have to make the most pathetic attempt at holding me back by setting a piece of S#&$ time limit for me to try that thing again? Why is it that every so often the hatred for you just reminds me of how much i want to tear your building apart by a massive nuclear cannon?! Why must you make that tiny insignificant part of your game so @(*()$ frustrating?! WHY?! WHY THE HELL DO YOU DO THIS, DE?!...

Argh, sorry. I'm pretty sure i'll just recieve an avanlanche of fanboys crying out for how Holy DE is for this and in the end you'll just go all "it's my fault" and "i don't understand the game" so in the end nothing good will come out of this. (It's not like you guys will awnser or anything)

Well, there i go, for the next 2 weeks or so i'll hate your game once a day and come here to complain about that piece of S#&$ mastery test you guys like so much. Maybe i'll even provide creative names and new ways of hating you guys.

Haven't done my mastery rank 8 yet (1k off...) But I think I'm gonna know how you feel because of the bugs I've heard about it.

They even got bugs to tell you how much you fail. You slide off the platform as you kneel down because you fell over the goddamn platforms... Y'know, Devs shouldn't die, but sometimes i wish i could really punch the dude that decided "let's only allow them to try this once a day." in the gut with a rusty furax.

Eh, early on sure, but the wall running stuff I've heard is pretty bugy. Not your fault if you fail because of a bug.

Just leave them, there is a bunch of @(*()$ fanboys fanatics that will go on any level to say how glorious this should become, like it's @(*()$ flawless or something. Let's see this bastard run along the other side of the wall because your game failed to load the wall correctly and see him skill this way out of this one.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to call myself a fan boy, but I am rank 5 right now and have passed all but the first test on my first try. (Yes, I was one of the ones that stayed in the circle. :p  It didn't ruin my day though, I just went back to playing the game.)

I don't really have strong feelings one way or the other, but in my experience the tests are far from hard. It is difficult for me to reconcile someone who commands the required reflexes and coordination it takes to play the game with someone who cannot get past the mastery tests. We are pretty much playing space ninjas after all, I do know that more than a few martial arts require you to pass some kind of demonstration of your skill (test) before an individual can move on to the next level of study.

I would also be so bold as to point out that the anger radiating in your post might not garner the attention you're looking for.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to call myself a fan boy, but I am rank 5 right now and have passed all but the first test on my first try. (Yes, I was one of the ones that stayed in the circle. :p  It didn't ruin my day though, I just went back to playing the game.)

I don't really have strong feelings one way or the other, but in my experience the tests are far from hard. It is difficult for me to reconcile someone who commands the required reflexes and coordination it takes to play the game with someone who cannot get past the mastery tests. We are pretty much playing space ninjas after all, I do know that more than a few martial arts require you to pass some kind of demonstration of your skill (test) before an individual can move on to the next level of study.

I would also be so bold as to point out that the anger radiating in your post might not garner the attention you're looking for.

Reaching rank 5 is easy. Come back when you get to 8.

The "you're not good enough for the tests you're not good enough for the game" mentality is bullS#&$ and poisonous. The game's not perfect, S#&$ can happen, maybe the cat jumped on your keyboard or the game bugged out.

Or simply the fact that there's no in-game information about the tests. And don't say wiki, because if you make people rely on the wiki then you as a game designer have failed.

You shouldn't be locked out of advancement for an entire day just because something bad happened.

Thing should have a 4 hour cooldown, tops.

Edited by Kyte

DE, can you please allow me to punch you in the gut so i can destroy you from the inside? And nobody in particular, really, i just want DE to materialize as a magical entity, and then i want to punch you in the gut for this @(*()$ frustration you trust on me every 2 weeks or so...

Seriously though, why is it that every time i want to hit the next rank you guys have to make the most pathetic attempt at holding me back by setting a piece of S#&$ time limit for me to try that thing again? Why is it that every so often the hatred for you just reminds me of how much i want to tear your building apart by a massive nuclear cannon?! Why must you make that tiny insignificant part of your game so @(*()$ frustrating?! WHY?! WHY THE HELL DO YOU DO THIS, DE?!...

Argh, sorry. I'm pretty sure i'll just recieve an avanlanche of fanboys crying out for how Holy DE is for this and in the end you'll just go all "it's my fault" and "i don't understand the game" so in the end nothing good will come out of this. (It's not like you guys will awnser or anything)

Well, there i go, for the next 2 weeks or so i'll hate your game once a day and come here to complain about that piece of S#&$ mastery test you guys like so much. Maybe i'll even provide creative names and new ways of hating you guys.

There is way too much swearing in this whatever to take you seriously.