Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr or Excalibur in terms of damage?

LemonEnterprise

Question

I enjoy them both but i wanna know which one is better, it took me a while to kill lv60+ warden with valkyr never tried with excalibur. Excalibur can kill anything easily and i haven't had a problem with him, when it comes to sortie i always go with excalibur. I modded valkyr with care and so i would like everyone to review this 2 builds. The pictures below are my build, umm yea power drift is missing from excalibur just ignore that i will add it in after a while. Thanks in advance

EDIT: I took this picture on a new computer without fraps sorry for bad quality, and also should i exchange primed flow from valkyr to streamline instead, because i would be getting like0.6+ efficiency instead of 0.7+ 

1W4c5Ud.jpg NNDQT2F.jpg

Edited by LemonEnterprise

7 answers to this question

honestly, both are excellent in terms of damage, though personally I would trust Valkyr more on higher level missions as she's way tougher. though on the other hand, Excal has better CC with Radial Blind. you also might have to Forma your Excalibur again if you want to slip a power Drift in there, as you only have 3 spare capacity there, and Power Drift maxed out takes 9 (or 5 if you polarize the Exilus slot itself).

as for Primed Flow Vs Streamline, I use primed flow because combined with energy regen from the Zenurik Focus, once I'm full I can stay in Hysteria pretty much endlessly. that's just me though, I don't know if you use Zenurik. if not, then Streamline is fine, and will also take up less space.

Excalibur for me in term of damage

Exalted can hit multiple target from far and it's punchtrough

FYI if you want use excalibur exalted build, you need to consider to make duration+efficiency positive precentage like your valkyr dont forget to bring melee with good mod

In term of survivability ill go valkry

6 minutes ago, AnTama said:

FYI if you want use excalibur exalted build, you need to consider to make duration+efficiency positive precentage like your valkyr dont forget to bring melee with good mod

OP is sitting at +90% Efficiency right now from FE + Streamline. Even after the toggle-efficiency reduction from his super-low Duration, it'll still be at the efficiency cap since DRAIN MULTIPLIER = (1 - Efficiency)/(Duration) = (1 - 0.9)/(0.43) = 0.23 < 25%.

OT:

I haven't tested this extensively yet, but I think that when you use Exalted Blade, hitting enemies in melee range will hit enemies with both your sword and the wave at the same time (effectively resulting in 500 base damage). Definitely worth considering if you like to get close and personal as Excal, especially if you make good use of your mini-Blind.

17 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

OP is sitting at +90% Efficiency right now from FE + Streamline. Even after the toggle-efficiency reduction from his super-low Duration, it'll still be at the efficiency cap since DRAIN MULTIPLIER = (1 - Efficiency)/(Duration) = (1 - 0.9)/(0.43) = 0.23 < 25%.

OT:

I haven't tested this extensively yet, but I think that when you use Exalted Blade, hitting enemies in melee range will hit enemies with both your sword and the wave at the same time (effectively resulting in 500 base damage). Definitely worth considering if you like to get close and personal as Excal, especially if you make good use of your mini-Blind.

So my excalibur build is fine the way it is?

39 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

OT:

Where the hell is 90% from??? eff cap at 175% not 190% so (1 - 0.75)/(0.43) = 0.58 or 60%

36 minutes ago, LemonEnterprise said:

So my excalibur build is fine the way it is?

Personally, I'd replace that Rage with a Stretch, since you're definitely not going to want to get hit at all during high-level gameplay (which is when you need that STR the most in the first place), and the extra CC on Blind and mini-Blind is really nice.

If you're willing to add some more forma, then I'd also replace Continuity with Primed Continuity, and decrease Fleeting Expertise from R5 to R4. This way your Duration goes up by quite a bit while your Efficiency isn't effected at all-- perfect for those beautiful 4x multipliers against Blind enemies.

But other than those two (and an Exilus mod), our builds are practically identical. Whether you want to add more forma is up to you; your build definitely gets the job done as it is. XD

9 minutes ago, AnTama said:

Where the hell is 90% from??? eff cap at 175% not 190% so (1 - 0.75)/(0.43) = 0.58 or 60%

The 90% is his raw Efficiency (from maxed Fleeting Expertise plus Streamline). The mod window is a bit misleading; the 175% efficiency cap actually doesn't come into play until after Duration is taken into account for Toggle abilities.

Sounds weird, but that's actually how it is. Feel free to test it out if you don't believe me.

Edited by SortaRandom

They are both extremely powrful, so it's up to you for personal preference how you like to play. You can use both since working valkyir needs minimal investments in gear /mods and forma. Just make sure to have proper crit build on weapon and maximum efficiency on frame. Rest is optional.