Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crit dmg/chance questions

RiftwalkSniper

Question

Hiya all. So I have some questions about crit damage/chance. When you crit it's in yellow right? Normal attacks are white? Also, I just got a rare mod called vital sense, should I even bother with crit damage? My role right now is currently a sniper playstyle, I have 150% crit mod, serration at 40%, but I'm not sure what else to look for in mods. I hear you can crit red which is basically two crits. 

Main question here, Is crit damage worth modding as a sniper?

Thanks guys!

Weapon: I'm currently using the vulkar, and later the vectis, vectis prime.

Edited by RiftwalkSniper

9 answers to this question

Yes and no

depends from tge weapon you using tbh.. Get a look to the stats and see if crit chance worth to get a buff, if worth it go for Point Strike + Vital Sense (crit chance + crit damage)

if not just go for a different setup, not all the weapons are the same

ps. Red crits are when crit chance of the weapon goes higher than 100%

depends on the sniper in question. in your arsenal you should look at your % chance to crit and judge it off of that. personally i dont build anything for crits if the chance is less than 20% base. oh and if you build for crit chance you absolutely want to build for crit damage. that will increase the amount the critical multiplies your damage by.

tips for mods besides serration and critical mods...hmm well you probably want the mod that fits the right impact puncture or slash damage type (you can tell which is the 'right' one by looking at which is the highest base number). you may also want to consider multishot or elemental damage mods.

Edited by Caobie
added tips

To answer your first question, yes and red crits are double your yellow numbers.

Considering that your Serration mod is only at 40%, I would focus more on ranking that one up than anything else. Your base damage is what your critical hit scale off of. Building for crits really depends on the weapon. I usually won't add any crit damage/chance mods to a build unless the chance is over 20%. That's just me, though. If your modded crit chance is over 50%, then I would certainly add Vital Sense to the mix, unless the multiplier is under 2.0x.

What weapon are you 'sniping' with?

i would say go for crit as it is always stronger than raw damage in any shooter these are the crit mods you will need , Argon Scope at max does 135% chance on head shots per hit, Hammer Shot max does 60% Crit Chance and 40% Status Chance , Point Strike 150% Crit Chance there is another for the primary but i wouldnt use it corrupt mods are not that great on weapons the name is Critical Delay 48% Crit Chance - 48% Fire rate   .......now for the Secondary ... Pistol Gambit 150% Crit Chance , Hydrolic Coheirs 135% Crit Chance On Head Shot per hit Target Cracker 60% Crit Damage,  there are also Priimed Versions of both Gambit and Cracker...

on all Sniper Rifles in the game, Crit Mods average the most Damage(instead of more Elementals or Physical Mods or Et Cetera).

except for Hollow Point and Hammershot. those are beneficial in almost no situation.

Edited by taiiat

10 minutes ago, DCypherThis13 said:

To answer your first question, yes and red crits are double your yellow numbers.

Considering that your Serration mod is only at 40%, I would focus more on ranking that one up than anything else. Your base damage is what your critical hit scale off of. Building for crits really depends on the weapon. I usually won't add any crit damage/chance mods to a build unless the chance is over 20%. That's just me, though. If your modded crit chance is over 50%, then I would certainly add Vital Sense to the mix, unless the multiplier is under 2.0x.

What weapon are you 'sniping' with?

My serration is at max though, rank 5. I can't fuse it anymore.