Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keep On Fighting

Nitrobudyn

Recently i was matched with a great team (I was the third Banshee) on a defence mission, but after 5th wave there was a rare mod  that apparently only I didn't own. Still I am wondering how far we could get. I got this idea that would encourage players to defend longer.

If You choose to defend, and manage to endure another 5 waves, You may keep ptevious "take and leave now" reward.

So next time, when as "take and leave now" after 5th wave is something good like Tower III exterminate and You feel You can take another 5 or more waves, You just click stay&def. If You manage to survive till 10th wave, You'll keep the key. If You leve now You may keep both rewards, if You stay You have a chance to get 3 rewards on wave 15th. But be carefoul, If You fail at wave 14th You'll keep only 5th wave reward.

I know that there are endless-fight-till-5th-wave-then-leave-and-go-again players, but here are also I-want-to-keep-fighting-but-the rewrd-is-too-good players that would benefit from it.

That's actually a great idea. Would make the later waves even more worthy, esp. on high level defense missions. Since the draw tables are the same anyway. Saves up the quit and join time as well.

+1

I know from my own perspective if after the 5th wave I see something I need or a key I do not hesitate to leave because of the fear of losing the previous award. I do understand why they changed it from getting something even though you fail but as long as you don't lose the previous award I would be willing to go on, but as it stands now as I said above if I see something I need or is rare I am so out of there. 

IMO, they should allow you to choose which reward.

Let's say you do Wave 15, and you get...

Wave5: Fusion Core

Wave10: Tower II

Wave 15: Banshee Helmet

When you click "Claim and Exit", it'll ask you to click which Reward you want. If you already have Banshee (or you're not interested in it), then you're obviously going to click the Tower II key.

been saying you should keep the rewards for awhile now...

Not sure if that's the right option, either.

An uber group could probably easy walk away from a single mission with 4-5 keys if they kept every x5 wave reward. Especially those groups that go to Wave50+ routinely.

An uber group could probably easy walk away from a single mission with 4-5 keys if they kept every x5 wave reward. Especially those groups that go to Wave50+ routinely.

Well, that's the point of endless defence. I don't think DE would agree to let us keep every 5 waves reward, so the idea I gave is something between that option and current situation.

This will definitely improve people's chances of staying and actually playing, a few waves is not the easiest but it's not challenging either.

Perhaps better rewards as the waves increase would also be better?

I don't necessarily see a problem with that - it'd take about as much time to go to Wave 50+ as it would to run to Wave 5 repeatedly and get 4-5 keys. In fact, the latter method is arguably faster.

I ask... so? Just let people keep the rewards they earned on wave 5 when they finish 10, and 10 on 15, and so on. Either way you earn it. If you have an uber group more power to you, it would cut back a lot of grief about people leaving.

I also think you should be able to have more people come if someone leaves after wave 5, or invite friends etc. That way someone leaving doesnt have to mean "omg now we're a man down and cant do this"