Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I love this game but there's one thing

ObscureName

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

You are looking at one side of the equation while Stratego89 (whom I originally quoted) is seeing it as basically the opposite.  FWIW, I think he's right.  Having bots facilitate trading in warframe absolutely floods the market with supply that right now is locked away in accounts of players unwilling to trade.  Like me. 

Take mods for example, I keep 10x spare copies of any rare mod.  Beyond that I transmute it without a second thought.  Even mods a lot of other newer players need and that serious traders try to sell for 5-15 plat.  I just can't be bothered to try and trade them.  Give me a bot to sell them to and I'd jump on the opportunity.  Suddenly all my extra mods become part of the supply.

Oh... so you at least understand part of what would break it. Good.

How about we not make an auction house but rework the trading chat so it's not being flooded all the time. Like add a trading market boards in the game and that you must be in the game and in your ship/dojo/maroons bazaar.

Then section off the Wts/wtb/wtt so it's easier to see. All I really want is to make trading more efficient and effective. And for other players to teach there clan members what to do. It wouldn't be an auction house or destroy the market. It would just make the trading easier.

p.s adding a filter function would work just as well.

I don't want a auction house, but I do want a UI page in our Profiles where we can place inventory items we want to sell, buy, or trade. Where players can easily see it just by opening your Profile in players met, or Maroo's trade relay. Plus it would help the player keep a track of their sales inventory while in the Dojo in case they want to watch the trade chat from there. 

12 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

No- that is not what I said at all.  ... Supply and demand is painfully skewed in favor of supply and that breaks economies if suddenly everyone is able to just put something up on board and sell it at any time of the day to anyone in the world. We'd run out of buyers nearly instantly and the economy would die. Use your common sense and economics 101- if you can manage that.

Yes, its exactly what you said.  The ONLY difference in the supply and demand model between the current trade system and an auction house is that the current trading is so bad people don't use it.  The game is the same. How I acquire things to sell is the same.  Same number of newer players needing those things. 

In that way the current economy is built upon a false sense of scarcity. 

No need to be snarky either.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Yes, its exactly what you said.  The ONLY difference in the supply and demand model between the current trade system and an auction house is that the current trading is so bad people don't use it.  The game is the same. How I acquire things to sell is the same.  Same number of newer players needing those things. 

In that way the current economy is built upon a false sense of scarcity. 

No need to be snarky either.

People DO use it. It is NOT bad. It just takes time and effort. Most people are too LAZY to do so- THAT is the difference. Right now- supply is limited to the amount of people who are willing to actually take a few moments out of their day to put up WTB/WTS listings on trade chat for a bit. If an auction house happened- EVERYONE would and there would be no limiter. Economy would die.

There is no false sense of scarcity. Everyone knows most stuff is so over-supplied that they are near impossible to sell/are worthless- the economy reflects that. The real selling items actually are much more scarce.

1 hour ago, Stratego89 said:

People DO use it.

It is NOT bad.

It just takes time and effort. Most people are too LAZY to do so- THAT is the difference.

Agreed, obviously I'm exaggerating when I say no one uses it.   We have no alternative so of course it gets used.

Couldn't disagree more.  It is bad.  That fact that you can tolerate it doesn't change my opinion on that.

You can't dismiss that I'd rather be in mission playing the game instead of sitting there watching trade chat as being LAZY.   Trade chat is bad, that is why I don't use it any more than I must.

A> WTS Foo prime

B> Sure how much

A> Offer!

B> Just forget it - I'll go shoot a grineer in the face and imagine its you

2 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Agreed, obviously I'm exaggerating when I say no one uses it.   We have no alternative so of course it gets used.

Couldn't disagree more.  It is bad.  That fact that you can tolerate it doesn't change my opinion on that.

You can't dismiss that I'd rather be in mission playing the game instead of sitting there watching trade chat as being LAZY.   Trade chat is bad, that is why I don't use it any more than I must.

A> WTS Foo prime

B> Sure how much

A> Offer!

B> Just forget it - I'll go shoot a grineer in the face and imagine its you

Considering that Trading tab is constantly flooded by people,

I think you just don't know how to sell.

The fact that you can haggle prices is one of warframe's greatest strengths. 

Usually the conversation goes more like this:

A> WTS Nikana prime Blade

B> How Much?

A> 75

B> how about 50 and a saryn chassis?

A> Sure