The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Makos Art Thread

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

1 hour ago, (XB1)Awsome Ethan927 said:

Hey Diamond, how is it going? I finally figured out what I am doing for the Nyx entry, hopefully I will have it done within the hour. 

Probably going to comment what I have so far on saryn... Just to say it is tiny compared to your writing...  Simple things, simply.

• 2 weeks later...

current self project ive been working on

started drafting off my first mag prime and now i have a second (first was built 2nd was bought via vault)

so i decided id do a picture showing them together , right mag is a wide range build based with rifle amp (red coloring ,2nd mag), left build is a more power strength, with a above average range (blue 1st mag)

current lineart 

7 minutes ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

well, I am having the absolute hellish time trying to design Samar.  I mean, it shouldn't be all that hard, but it is.

it depends on what is your problem, if you need inspiration even after you research the topic. you could try and mix and match design you have or try to free hand create soemthing and design based off that ? 

7 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

it depends on what is your problem, if you need inspiration even after you research the topic. you could try and mix and match design you have or try to free hand create soemthing and design based off that ? 

no, the problem is less of the inspiration, and more of the practicality of theme.  okay going off Tennogen, Tenno: are sleek and designed like silhouettes.

Samar is not sleek, and takes the appearance of a frame who has been camouflaging themselves on grineer controlled planets

Edited by BlackDiamondAce

22 minutes ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

no, the problem is less of the inspiration, and more of the practicality of theme.  okay going off Tennogen, Tenno: are sleek and designed like silhouettes.

Samar is not sleep, and takes the appearance of a frame who has been camouflaging themselves on grineer controlled planets

grineer are bulbous in terms of design , lots of exaggerated parts with machine tech

grineer_scetchlings_by_rotaken-d6skbcl.p  

Just now, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

grineer are bulbous in terms of design , lots of exaggerated parts with machine tech

grineer_scetchlings_by_rotaken-d6skbcl.p  

yeah, but he has been hiding as more of natural camouflage.  I guess the warrior without a cause comes in mind, but a Warframe without a tenno is better suited (basically from the design, this warframe is wild in nature and skulks on Neptune, Earth, and Ceres hiding in the corners and assassinating whatever grineer target is there.)

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

well then youd have to be more morphic in design, try something that alters based on the environment, bit has a standard look that it alters from 

the look changes when on different tile sets /planets 

but it should still have a base generic look template the others are derived of 

that's where my trouble is, the base design is a cobled together set of robes and leather clothing with bits of grineer metal as plate armor on the arms and legs.  I'll try to keep on the design, but I'm probably going to change the passive to reflect this

12 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

Here is also an in progress of my twitter commission

I absolutely like this one owo
Makes me excited to think what it will look like with colors (from some reason I find trinity prime really hard to draw, so you get +1 point for that)

13 hours ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

that's where my trouble is, the base design is a cobled together set of robes and leather clothing with bits of grineer metal as plate armor on the arms and legs.  I'll try to keep on the design, but I'm probably going to change the passive to reflect this

maybe make it more a shape covered in cloth that form from the top down, and have bits of metal in symetric form that go asymetric when morphed 

15 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

added polarity to OP 

also some things ive been worked on 

sentinel_design__by_drkmako-da7mdg9.jpgancile warframe  by DrkMako

Asura concept art by DrkMako

umbra_like_a_sir_by_drkmako-da7u9a0.jpg

Here is also an in progress of my twitter commission

Great!  Never tried anything like this myself. Look real good.

58 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

they were fun and ive been colabing with some others in designs 

i kind of want to make more chibis, i think ill do a few of my personal frames and then see if they are decent enough xD 

Look forward to see more.

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

maybe make it more a shape covered in cloth that form from the top down, and have bits of metal in symetric form that go asymetric when morphed 

i'll keep working on him then.  he isn't as progress heavy as Taiyo.  maybe cause taiyo has art