The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Makos Art Thread

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

Everything is looking SPECTACULAR dear sir suh! Mine looks polished to a shine, but Mr. Republic had a final request on the her for his. Just sightly paler. Beyond that? Once again, serving up quality like flapjacks suh!

10 minutes ago, Unus said:

Everything is looking SPECTACULAR dear sir suh! Mine looks polished to a shine, but Mr. Republic had a final request on the her for his. Just sightly paler. Beyond that? Once again, serving up quality like flapjacks suh!

skin tone to be paler? last request i got was to add more speckles , ill see what ic an do 

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

skin tone to be paler? last request i got was to add more speckles , ill see what ic an do 

Yeah, I'm sorry he's much more picky then I am, but, rest assured, it's strictly because he's extremely excited over the fact that your so frustratingly close to his image of her. No more heavy body changes, no rewrites, just itty bitty changes in color here and there and no actual complaints anywhere.

As an aside, is Perri your last one before your qualification work begins, or do you have more behind her? I ask not because I want to force you to make something else, but just to see how your schedule is working, see if your actually getting free air to breath.

Edited by Unus

21 hours ago, Unus said:

Yeah, I'm sorry he's much more picky then I am, but, rest assured, it's strictly because he's extremely excited over the fact that your so frustratingly close to his image of her. No more heavy body changes, no rewrites, just itty bitty changes in color here and there and no actual complaints anywhere.

As an aside, is Perri your last one before your qualification work begins, or do you have more behind her? I ask not because I want to force you to make something else, but just to see how your schedule is working, see if your actually getting free air to breath.

i was trying to finish up what i had so i can focus on my certification class/exams  ..the certification test "trying" costs 150-400$ depending on which im taking 

On 6/20/2017 at 3:02 PM, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

i was trying to finish up what i had so i can focus on my certification class/exams  ..the certification test "trying" costs 150-400$ depending on which im taking 

Excellent suh! All ya have to do is send him the finalized piece one more time, say it's done, and BEWM! Home free! 

SHET, that reminds me, gotta retrieve that Binos piece ya sent me, thanks for that by-the-by.

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

new beast frame im working on 

Base form:

DDLU8TvUIAAEciI.jpg

Beast form V2 WIP

What a tribalistic impish sweetie you have going on here, have a name for her perchance? I feel something like "Loa" would work splendidly here.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Excellent suh! All ya have to do is send him the finalized piece one more time, say it's done, and BEWM! Home free! 

SHET, that reminds me, gotta retrieve that Binos piece ya sent me, thanks for that by-the-by.

What a tribalistic impish sweetie you have going on here, have a name for her perchance? I feel something like "Loa" would work splendidly here.

loa could work, i havent named her yet  , and i did post it to discord he can save it from there , if he needs me to make it so there isnt a background i can do that also if need be

1 hour ago, arch111 said:

Really like that beast! I have been trying to come up with a warewolf-design and just flat failed for inspiration. 

Yours have a good vibe to it.

i had the mind of a light muscular form with almost exposed muscles that swell and grow when she goes "beast"  the only issue i had in the design was forming the beast forms head/jaw , then i had a inspired idea when looking at my snakes and thought of a hinged dual lower jaw and an upper jaw with snake fangs , basically in normal form her face is actually the top jaw, and the hinged lower jaws are hidden beneath it, when she goes beast the neck elongates and swells with muscles to support the jaws opening now 

43 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

loa could work, i havent named her yet  , and i did post it to discord he can save it from there , if he needs me to make it so there isnt a background i can do that also if need be

i had the mind of a light muscular form with almost exposed muscles that swell and grow when she goes "beast"  the only issue i had in the design was forming the beast forms head/jaw , then i had a inspired idea when looking at my snakes and thought of a hinged dual lower jaw and an upper jaw with snake fangs , basically in normal form her face is actually the top jaw, and the hinged lower jaws are hidden beneath it, when she goes beast the neck elongates and swells with muscles to support the jaws opening now 

Mhm. I had a totem-idea myself. Like bear, eagle, wolf, owl or some such.

Then I thought of the Golden Maw. Maby something like that could work?

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

She could be channeling the wild animal spirits mon, let's them channel the beasts infused within her Technocyte to use as a weapon against the Sentients. Forget all duh citement over mastering gun and blade mon, this situation be callin for a little survival with the oldest tools in da book. . .(Animal growl as red-tinted images of sentients being ripped limb from limb pass by.)

. . . tooth and claw.

(End image of looking into a waterfall, with the reflection revealing the bestial form gradually assuming the original shape of the frame.)

2 hours ago, arch111 said:

Mhm. I had a totem-idea myself. Like bear, eagle, wolf, owl or some such.

Then I thought of the Golden Maw. Maby something like that could work?

That's also a possibility, an Orokin "mystery cult", based on one of the elder faiths from Terra's past could have had a chance to influence some of Ballas work, in exchange for more material support. What better way to acquire a living embodiment of your faith then by dangleing a resource carrot in front of the nose of your overlord during the worst time possible?

4 minutes ago, Unus said:

She could be channeling the wild animal spirits mon, let's them channel the beasts infused within her Technocyte to use as a weapon against the Sentients. Forget all duh citement over mastering gun and blade mon, this situation be callin for a little survival with the oldest tools in da book. . .(Animal growl as red-tinted images of sentients being ripped limb from limb pass by.)

. . . tooth and claw.

(End image of looking into a waterfall, with the reflection revealing the bestial form gradually assuming the original shape of the frame.)

That's also a possibility, an Orokin "mystery cult", based on one of the elder faiths from Terra's past could have had a chance to influence some of Ballas work, in exchange for more material support. What better way to acquire a living embodiment of your faith then by dangleing a resource carrot in front of the nose of your overlord during the worst time possible?

the tooth and claw factor was the idea, a primal force, similar that valkyr is rage  primal, this would be instinct 

mainly she channels void to bulk up and morph into a warrior form 

33 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

the tooth and claw factor was the idea, a primal force, similar that valkyr is rage  primal, this would be instinct 

mainly she channels void to bulk up and morph into a warrior form 

Goodie goodie! Have you thought of an ability set for the lady? I have a few ideas in mind. But, I simply MUST hear it from the source.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Goodie goodie! Have you thought of an ability set for the lady? I have a few ideas in mind. But, I simply MUST hear it from the source.

nothing specific just ideas  

1. Lunge - targets and launches her into a direction on landing or impact she emits small aoe of slash and bleed
  2. Instinct -enemies near here gain fear  and her an allies can detect enemies through walls 
  3. Ferocity - her/allies gain a boost to damage /speed & health regeneration when close to her 
  4. Fang & Claws - grants gas or toxic damage on her fangs via bite, claws deal slash

whats your thoughts 

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

nothing specific just ideas  

1. Lunge - targets and launches her into a direction on landing or impact she emits small aoe of slash and bleed
  2. Instinct -enemies near here gain fear  and her an allies can detect enemies through walls 
  3. Ferocity - her/allies gain a boost to damage /speed & health regeneration when close to her 
  4. Fang & Claws - grants gas or toxic damage on her fangs via bite, claws deal slash

whats your thoughts 

DEM IT! We were of the exact same mind in regards to number 1.

Number 2 might need to be split up a bit, might need to select which capability you wish to keep. If it were me, I'd stick with the enemy detection. An excellent modification from the Veil or Lokites could be Predatory Instinct, where targets marked within range of the ability take bonus damage from Melee attacks.

3. Again, might need to narrow it down to two or one, this one I'm not sure what to divide it between, but, certainly. . . hmm. . . actually, keep the attack speed and damage, but save the health regeneration for a modification called "Survival" or "Survival of the Fittest".

4. I'm . . . I don't actually have an opinion on this bit. Can't think of any alternatives and can't actu. . . actually, why not an all around Melee powerhouse transformation? "Primal": Become faster, scale walls instead of simply wall running, allowing one to go vertical AND horizontal, maybe even launch abilities at half cost? Catch is your limited to a flurry of claw strikes and pummeling, with a nasty charge-up bite that let's you heal on kill if it's a kill. Might be delveing a bit deep into the custom Overwatch character I had on my mental list, but, that wasn't going anyway, so, I say, ship it!

Oh, and, passive? Let her cling to walls so she can get to higher vantage points, plan her jumps, maybe even pistol-aim if you so desire. Of course, only ability you can cast from there is Lunge, but, that's not necessarily a bad thing, is it?

Those are my two wooden nickels on the matter, hope it's not to out there for ya!

Edited by Unus

17 hours ago, Unus said:

DEM IT! We were of the exact same mind in regards to number 1.

Number 2 might need to be split up a bit, might need to select which capability you wish to keep. If it were me, I'd stick with the enemy detection. An excellent modification from the Veil or Lokites could be Predatory Instinct, where targets marked within range of the ability take bonus damage from Melee attacks.

3. Again, might need to narrow it down to two or one, this one I'm not sure what to divide it between, but, certainly. . . hmm. . . actually, keep the attack speed and damage, but save the health regeneration for a modification called "Survival" or "Survival of the Fittest".

4. I'm . . . I don't actually have an opinion on this bit. Can't think of any alternatives and can't actu. . . actually, why not an all around Melee powerhouse transformation? "Primal": Become faster, scale walls instead of simply wall running, allowing one to go vertical AND horizontal, maybe even launch abilities at half cost? Catch is your limited to a flurry of claw strikes and pummeling, with a nasty charge-up bite that let's you heal on kill if it's a kill. Might be delveing a bit deep into the custom Overwatch character I had on my mental list, but, that wasn't going anyway, so, I say, ship it!

Oh, and, passive? Let her cling to walls so she can get to higher vantage points, plan her jumps, maybe even pistol-aim if you so desire. Of course, only ability you can cast from there is Lunge, but, that's not necessarily a bad thing, is it?

Those are my two wooden nickels on the matter, hope it's not to out there for ya!

i like them ill work them inot it, now i just need to clean beast mod eup and ill post ..the concept , maybe ill call her Artimes [goddess of the hunt] 

17 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

i like them ill work them inot it, now i just need to clean beast mod eup and ill post ..the concept , maybe ill call her Artimes [goddess of the hunt] 

Hmmmm. . . on the one hand, the fact that our prowling bow-lass has an ability named after the Great Huntress. On the other hand, this is your creation and I shouldn't intervene to much.

That being said. . . as a quick suggestion. . . 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neith

48 minutes ago, Unus said:

Hmmmm. . . on the one hand, the fact that our prowling bow-lass has an ability named after the Great Huntress. On the other hand, this is your creation and I shouldn't intervene to much.

That being said. . . as a quick suggestion. . . 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neith

oh thats a good alternative