Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does this Soma P look?

(PSN)Elctrcstel

Question

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Soma_prime/t_30_22230022_132-2-5-137-1-10-138-3-5-140-7-5-146-5-5-150-0-10-153-4-3-159-6-5_150-8-137-7-132-8-138-6-153-9-146-9-159-5-140-5/en/2-0-65

I'm looking to redo my Soma P now that I understand a little more about how status and damage work in general and now that I have found the wonders of Warframe Builder . I may swap out critical delay and hammer shot out with argon scope and bladed rounds when they come out on PS4

6 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Swap critical delay for argon scope if you have it or not and maybe change hammer shot to another elemental mod

He is console so no argon scope yet.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Soma_prime/t_30_22230022_132-2-5-137-1-10-138-3-5-140-7-5-146-5-5-150-0-10-153-4-3-159-6-5_150-8-137-7-132-8-138-6-153-9-146-9-159-5-140-5/en/2-0-65

I'm looking to redo my Soma P now that I understand a little more about how status and damage work in general and now that I have found the wonders of Warframe Builder . I may swap out critical delay and hammer shot out with argon scope and bladed rounds when they come out on PS4

Throw out hammershot, place a second elementary in there for an elemental combo. Trash critical delay and put in shred or a if you don't need punch-through (which i recommend on LMG's to be honest), can also put a third elemental in there.

The soma prime is not a status weapon, it is a crit weapon. Despite taking its status chance to 25% (which isn't THAT bad but it's still not a status-tier weapon even at that point), the fact remains you have nothing worth proccing. Heat procs stun enemies briefly, but you could just outright kill them with a better elemental combo on it.

At the end of the day the Soma and its Prime are crit weapons first and foremost. However, since your base damage could stand to be higher via elemental mods, the crit rate and crit damage  you're getting aren't based off any realistic damage to begin with.

7 minutes ago, Teloch said:

As a player with more than 300k kills on both Somas, I recommend you this build

I like to use ammo mutation instead of shred because Soma's ammo is inefficient and you'll probably start running out of ammo quickly especially if you're fighting against endless enemies.

3 minutes ago, Kirini said:

I like to use ammo mutation instead of shred because Soma's ammo is inefficient and you'll probably start running out of ammo quickly especially if you're fighting against endless enemies.

The shred mod is the only one that can be replaced in that build.
Shred = higher linear efficiency and dps
Hammer shot = slightly lower dps but higher per shot damage and status
Ammo mutation = higher ammo sufficiency
Elemental mod = higher damage
Bladed rounds = maximal damage output

I'll recommend to stick to shred or bladed rounds (once it will be available)

Edited by Teloch