Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Drop Info Concept

Crazed_the_Lost

Prime drop locations are always a pain to look up if you don't already know where they are, and considering how fast the number of prime parts and BPs in the game grows I think there needs to be a more natural/immersive way to find this information. I have a few ideas on how to do this below:

1. This idea is probably the most organic.

Basically just add a database room to the Relays.

It could also be put in a room that already exists like Cephalon Simaris trading info on a certain key's drop table or Darvo selling you back alley info in return for running missions for him, or maybe both.

2. This builds off of the, in my opinion, under used Focus system.

Instead of using focus points to build passives in lenses a player could spend points to boost the power of their Tenno. The Tenno would then be able to "sense" the powerful relics in the void because of their previous ties to it/them.

Each upgrade to the power of their Tenno could unlock the info about the next void level's drop table and the player could simply go and talk to the Tenno to view the droptables they have unlocked.

3. Mastery Rank

This last suggestion is the most simple.

At certain mastery ranks the player could just unlock the information about the voids drop tables to view in their pause menu.

Personally I would really enjoy the first suggestion the best since it could build the world and characters more as well as build the usefulness of the relays.

But alt tab-ing is such a huge pain and it really brakes me out of my space/ninja mentality. I don't want to go from ricocheting of a half dozen walls while firing a machine gun one minute to staring blankly at a wiki page! It's terrible and I know it's no ones fault, but it is jarring and inorganic. It can be done soooooooo much better.

I'm not sure why you're against this idea, but the whole idea is to make the game more organic. Switching out of your game to browse the internet really damages the experience. It weakens the universe they are trying to build by diverting players attention away from it, even if it is momentarily.

For me, I guess I'd liken the experience to riding a roller coaster and it stops abruptly every so often so I can check a map to see what comes next on the ride.

Like you said, it is a personal opinion so I can understand it not bothering some, but for me it is pretty uncool.

I think the simplest way of having this in game would be adding it into the codex, with each mission's table unlocking after you run the mission for the first time or after a set number of runs. The bigger issue I have is the lack of information on the weighting system DE is using, mostly as it has made my once simple spreadsheet into a monster. It would be nice to know the rarity of items and the complete list of items, rather than just the prime parts' locations.