Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it against the rules to use a different account when the other one is suspended?

(XBOX)DetachedSword17

Question

10 answers to this question

59 minutes ago, (XB1)DetachedSword17 said:

Is it against the warframe rules to use a different account if your other one is suspended. My main account has been suspended for 3 days and i want to know if your allowed to use a different account if your main one is suspended. 

It is. When trying to circumvent any restriction applied to your account (ingame or forums), you may incur a permanent banishment for one of the 2 accounts and even harsher punishments than the first for the remaining one.

Be responsible and assume your mistakes, Tenno.

As per the T&C's:

The creation of alternate accounts will be handled on a case by case basis, and we reserve the right to remove accounts used to circumvent any form of restrictions to the game or the Service including the official Warframe forums.

So in your case, this is a violation of the T&C's if you are using it to get around a suspension.

Edited by Skinner1818

12 minutes ago, (XB1)DetachedSword17 said:

I'm not exactly trying to avoid a suspension though, i just wanted to post and do stuff in the forums which i couldn't do on the main account.

If your main account was suspended from the forums, then creating a new account to go on the forums is avoiding the suspension of your main.

If I were you, I would stay off the forums for a couple of days and wait for your main suspension to go off, as violating T&C's can lead to perma-bans (not saying this will happen, just advising you).

Edited by Skinner1818

It's against the rules to be having more than one account per user, so yeah what you're doing is technically not allowed.

Of course DE doesn't know who exactly is playing  (whether its you or your family member who has to share the one XB1 in your house with you) so they one of the ways they can find out about it is if you post about it on the forums (thank god you didn't do that :P)

Anyway, I'd advise you to contact support (support.warframe.com) and ask about the reason behind your suspension. It's 3 days, so it shouldn;t be too bad.

Just now, Skinner1818 said:

As per the T&C's:

The creation of alternate accounts will be handled on a case by case basis, and we reserve the right to remove accounts used to circumvent any form of restrictions to the game or the Service including the official Warframe forums.

So in your case, this is most likely a violation of the T&C's if you are using it to get around a suspension.

Ah ok. I'm not exactly trying to avoid a suspension though, i just wanted to post and do stuff in the forums which i couldn't do on the main account. It was kinda my fault for getting the main account suspended but i don't intend on doing anything that'll get my account suspended.

6 minutes ago, InglriousB said:

It's against the rules to be having more than one account per user, so yeah what you're doing is technically not allowed.

Of course DE doesn't know who exactly is playing  (whether its you or your family member who has to share the one XB1 in your house with you) so they one of the ways they can find out about it is if you post about it on the forums (thank god you didn't do that :P)

Anyway, I'd advise you to contact support (support.warframe.com) and ask about the reason behind your suspension. It's 3 days, so it shouldn;t be too bad.

I know why i have the suspension and such. I just wanted to post and have fun really. I do not intend to do anything that'll get my account suspended anymore though.

2 minutes ago, Skinner1818 said:

If your main account was suspended from the forums, then creating a new account to go on the forums is avoiding the suspension of your main.

If I were you, I would stay off the forums for a couple of days and wait for your main suspension to go off, as violating T&C's can lead to perma-bans (not saying this will happen, just advising you).

Ok. I had this xbox one account for around 6 or 7 months so i haven't just made a different account to bypass the suspension.I mainly just want to do a few things before i sit back and wait for the suspension to go off. I'm not going to just use this accountevery time  my main one gets suspended though.

7 minutes ago, Yaerion said:

It is. When trying to circumvent any restriction applied to your account (ingame or forums), you may incur a permanent banishment for one of the 2 accounts and even harsher punishments than the first for the remaining one.

Be responsible and assume your mistakes, Tenno.

Ok. Thanks for the info. I'll just wait it out.

Just one last question before i wait out the suspension: after the suspension ends are you allowed to use both accounts for doing stuff in the forums (so basically when i'm on pc i use my pc account and when i'm on xbox i ise my xbox account). Is that allowed or am i only allowed to use one at a time for when i'm doing stuff in the forums?

Edited by (XB1)DetachedSword17