Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ideas for extending playability between updates

(XBOX)ashes of suvius

this is a group of ideas that ive been trying to find a way to put into a cohesive post. The basic idea is, how can players have more options of things to do? For alot of us, especially on console, when there's not an event, tactical alert, the latest arsenal additions already leveled, maybe formad, we log in and... Hmmm... Sorties? Done... Hmmm... Raid? No ones on/done. Hmm... Maybe farm a piece of the next prime getting vaulted? Eventually that gets old. Maybe conclave if ur into it. Maybe. And there's all those nodes that play out exactly the same.

what happened to replayable quests? Ya know I would like to finish that maroo/infested mesa/blue boiler codex.

what about replaying old events? Ya know, being on Xbox I still haven't experienced the operations before cryotic front.

I read that the returning in the not so near future solar rails are not going to be pvp, thus I would assume not going to be so much clan/alliance vs clan/alliance. This makes me ponder, when are we getting some other purpose or activity on the clan level? Something to help improve team play and a sense of community more often than months upon months apart.

if we start adding things together, replayable quests is just easy to do, remove the unique rewards on replay.

events could be a fun side activity/clan activity/leaderboard that people can participate in, perhaps with something like a second daily chance at sortie type season rewards, or something

but these aren't just things that people do for rewards, these are good pieces of gameplay, the richest with lore and challenge complexity, and instead of being embraced, they get seen once, and either forgotten or longed for.

as far as the clan alliance vs clan alliance aspect of gameplay, we can't just leave player created groups and allegiances being pretty much trade posts with a few extra foundry items and a chat box. We forged groups of skilled players to do something with that group of skilled players. And the time between events is usually just enough time to lose good players to inactivity every time.

this got me thinking, maybe have a form of clan/alliance challenge feature. Or multiple forms. Say, having daily/weekly challenges for your clan/alliance (kill x amount of x enemy type/group for example) and also being able to a a clan or alliance, challenge another clan or alliance to a leaderboard tracked objective or replayable event, with a private leaderboard n maybe some sort of clan trophy that displays what the challenge was, the groups that participated and a symbol like on the stratos emblem that changes upon consecutive wins.

I figure much of this is already available content wise on de's side, not much needs to be made. Not completely work free, but there's alot there to work with that they could re-release without a huge amount of devs pulled away from other work, meanwhile I feel like the gain to quality and length of gameplay for alot of users would be huge.

I plan to revise n add to this a bit but feedback and ideas from others would be greatly appreciated.

Incursions: Begin a mission as a Deception. Once the terminal is hacked, a number of optional missions spawn around a huge map.

Players can take on Exterminates, Spy, Sabotage and MD missions. Each one generates new enemies on par with the rank of the mission. NO Endless scaling here. Players receive extra rewards for each mission completed. 

In addition to exploring large maps and picking up missions as others are completed, missions can chain from one another. Completing a Spy mission, might yield info about a squad you can Exterminate. Defending terminals might reveal Spy vaults or even a mini boss.

Add to this mix occasional, optional bonus missions. Exterminate Eximus stronghold. Nightmare Deception, etc.

Let us explore large maps and choose when to extract.

It would be nice if DE put all the events that rewarded players with a Unique, wraith, or vandal weapons has a mission they can do at their leisure with say a orokin catalyst bp or something for players who help them during the entirety of the mission.

these missions could then be repeated any number of times not giving the weapon every time but instead they could have increase resource drop rates or increased affinity, credit and fucus gains giving all players a reason for completing the missions and repeating them and helping new players.

How about letting Clans research some kind of Memory Overwrite Code? The MOC could be used to "wipe" a player's memory of an event, a.k.a. a quest, and allow them to replay it, but without the quest-specific rewards. So a "MOC: Second Dream" would let players re-play Second Dream. It would have to be something craftable, kind of like the Limbo Theorem or any of the market quests. Maybe make it available in the Tenno or the underused Orokin lab? (Please don't make them require forma to build, though.)

As for special events, we could shove those into Clan research, too. Perhaps the Lotus keeps a digital record of all the "Great Battles" of the past, and allows clans or Tenno who've proven themselves worthy to connect to a computer simulation, Matrix-style, to participate and learn? Again, no special rewards here, (if any.) They would be fore lore purposes only. Maybe players have to reach a certain mastery rank, or have to complete some other tasks before being allowed to use this.