Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quanta vs Synod Similar

(PSN)Karelxss

Question

3 answers to this question

I would say the Synoid simulor. It does much more damage than the base quanta when properly modded, plus it also has the syndicate proc. However the simulor series are very much an acquired taste and are a short-mid range AOE weapon. The quanta series is a more traditional beam weapon with good range and the option to shoot short range explosives.

Synoid similar is great for mirage's 1st ability.

Quanta is also good, however it provdes far less damage compared to the synoid simulor when used with mirage's 1st(or without).

In other words, when using the synoid simulor with mirage, you have a 3x AoE proc each time you fire after the first shot(2x). which has a great range and shreds crowds in seconds.

The quanta is good as a standalone, you can shoot cubes and do a ton of damage however, the synoid far out-dps it to my opinion.

In the end

Mirage+Synoid>>>>Mirage+Quanta

Synoid<Quanta

I'd prefer quanta vandal over synoid if it weren't for mirage. The Synoid simulor by itself is quite powerful too, however I don't like how it functions.

Edited by Magnulast
Edited a small portion.

Simulor FTW. Having used both (5 Formas in the Quanta) the only benefit the Quanta has over the Simulor is range.  I can't recall ever running out of ammo using either (no ammo mods,) but Simulor out damages my Quanta builds easy. I would highly suggest using both and forma your own opinion.

Edited by (XB1)MarineDawg