Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blast element and invisibility

TheAddictedGamer

Question

I am currently building Loki, and I have decided that I want to go for a silent-invisibility build on him. I have realized that all my weapons are a little weak against grineer, so I am going to build blast and magnetic to counter them. So, I ant to know, will the blast element from my silent weapons alert enemies and trigger the alarm. Just wondering. Thank you in advance.

6 answers to this question

So a few things.

First off, unless you meant on different weapons, you can't go blast and magnetic at the same time except on weapons that have one of those types already innately. Both damage types use a cold base. Blast pairs with corrosive, which is actually better against most Grineer.

As for whether blast alerts enemies, not in my experience no. As long as you're unseen and the weapon is a silent weapon it won't cause an alert by itself, I just tested this on a Loki with a Rakta Ballistaca. However, you are more likely to be caught using blast damage. Blast deals AoE damage, but at a lower rate than your base damage. This means you're more likely to hit but not kill a secondary target if you shoot into a group. It also means you might kill a different enemy that is being observed. There's a number of situations that could lead to an alert. 

If you want a more controlled stealth build then I'd say use corrosive and cold, or just corrosive, and stack physical damage. (The cold element slow makes getting a second shot easier if they don't die.) Hopefully a puncture type since you said it's against Grineer. If you decide to continue using blast then just remember to be mindful of the AoE.

1 hour ago, Catacomb said:

Wouldn't corrosive or radiation be better against the grineer? Magnetic is to be exclusively used against shields and blast is only effective against their machinery.

1 hour ago, Pizzarugi said:

If you're fighting Grineer, you should use corrosive+fire. Magnetic is useless against them.

Magnetic takes 80% of their shield away