Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I'm gonna be taking a break from WF for a while.

SamuraiPizza

Fellow Tenno,

So I think I need a break from WF. It's an amazing game, but schoolwork is getting utterly relentless and brutal, and I got diagnosed with depression too (no don't worry I'm not going to do anything stupid, I am getting help). Besides, my PC is ancient and I'm forced to play at 30 FPS, low graphics settings, considerable input lag. I should be able to upgrade my PC by June. Hopefully by then I will have started doing better on other fronts as well. 

So...Thank you for everything. I'll see you on the other side.

-Legion216

As far as I'm concerned ones happiness and well being is more important than school/work. I was in your position just last semester. Make sure you set aside some time to do something you like. Preferably something outside to get your mind off of work. Hiking is my thing and it works wonders. Try it out you may like it. Good luck man and take care.

@Legion216 Seems so many teens are being diagnosed with depression these days. I think instead of them trying to profit off of irregularities in the developing mind of kids, they should focus on bettering their transition into adulthood where their mental state would be significantly more stable. I'm not sure what your story is or what treatment you're getting, but if you're popping pills as a 'treatment' you should look for help elsewhere. Just a thought based on the experience of myself and many people I know.

1 minute ago, Tyranem said:

@Legion216 Seems so many teens are being diagnosed with depression these days. I think instead of them trying to profit off of irregularities in the developing mind of kids, they should focus on bettering their transition into adulthood where their mental state would be significantly more stable. I'm not sure what your story is or what treatment you're getting, but if you're popping pills as a 'treatment' you should look for help elsewhere. Just a thought based on the experience of myself and many people I know.

Hey man. Thanks for the comment.

I'm not a teen, though.  I'm a 26 year old PhD student in science/engineering (not surprising that I got hit by depression when I tell you THAT, eh?). I'm not popping pills either, fortunately my University offers excellent services for folks such as myself, particularly because my situation is in no way unique or special.   

2 minutes ago, Legion216 said:

Hey man. Thanks for the comment.

I'm not a teen, though.  I'm a 26 year old PhD student in science/engineering (not surprising that I got hit by depression when I tell you THAT, eh?). I'm not popping pills either, fortunately my University offers excellent services for folks such as myself, particularly because my situation is in no way unique or special.   

Ah, it always hits hardest in the 20s. Sorry to hear about that. College is definitely rough. It's good to hear you're getting the right help though. Sorry for assuming you were a teen. I've heard many stories formatted the exact same way but said by high-schoolers so I jumped to a conclusion. I wish you the best on your recovery and am sure you'll do fine.

I don't know you Legion, but I know depression.  Don't let it get you down, it is the enemy.  Seize it with both hands and tear it asunder.  You've got stuff to do in your life and you don't have time for it to screw things up.  Power through it the best you can!  I got through college despite depression and its mudding of thought.  Takes the right medication and the will to go forward and don't let it stop you.  Keep going, ON THE RISE LIKE A F***ING SPUTNIK!

Kick depressions butt

You have the wf community behind you to support you

Kick your homework's butt too!

Spend your days akin to wf

Farm the goodness til you can build greatness

(shall be praying for whathat is worth to you)

Well, if anything, you may want to join certain events that might occur in the future. Or at the very least, login just for the sake of daily tributes? At least you're keeping pace with warframe without actually playing.

Anyways, I hope you'll recover soon.