Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Restrict Nyx from using weapons while using Absorb

.Jet.

3 minutes ago, Naftal said:

Doesn't Nyx need to wait for a while in Absorb before detonating the Castanas so they actually increase the absorb damage?

No, once its on it starts soaking the damage done, it appears to be nearly instant, and then can be detonated, throwing the soaked damage outwards towards anyone in its range. 

Just now, Nariala said:

No, once its on it starts soaking the damage done, it appears to be nearly instant, and then can be detonated, throwing the soaked damage outwards towards anyone in its range. 

This must be a bug then. At least damage dealt by other players isn't registered after Absorb has lasted for a while.

Just now, Naftal said:

This must be a bug then. At least damage dealt by other players isn't registered after Absorb has lasted for a while.

I've just assumed its been some sort of hitscan tomfoolery, or that the nyx itself is what has to be hit and not the bubble.  But I've had clutch toggles of the ability wipe entire crowds because someone shot a full charged staticor when I activated it. 

1 minute ago, Naftal said:

Not sure where you're getting that from. I've been killed by absorbs that were activated as I shot a projectile, and took the damage in by the time it hit.

12 minutes ago, Phasedragon said:

Not sure where you're getting that from. I've been killed by absorbs that were activated as I shot a projectile, and took the damage in by the time it hit.

I could swear there was some update that put a delay to it in pvp. Couldn't find it now though.

I also remember looking at the damage counter when using absorb myself and noticing it doesn't increase after a short while. I've also shot Nyx with Daikyu right when they start absorbing and then take almost no damage from the detonation.

There actually is an animation delay on this ability in PvE, I'm using Castanas quite often as a secondary and I have to wait for a bit before triggering them if I want to do increased damage. There's also the explosion animation where you're still immune to damage but no more damage can be added.

But it may be buggy or generally different in PvP. So can't be sure, and I can't test stuff at the moment, either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 hours ago, Phasedragon said:

And that really is the problem, though. PVP should be balanced for 1v1, and then adding more people will only expand upon that. The core concept of a weapon or strategy only being useful to take advantage of the chaos of a full match (especially, but not limited to one that takes no skill to use) is fundamentally flawed.

Soz...grenades are fundamentally flawed? Auto shotguns, spraying weapons... I can't agree with the idea that things should be balanced for 1v1s. Tools of combat are a spectrum of use, from individual benefit all the way to taking on multiple opponents while still benefiting oneself. There is no way to balance something for use against one opponent like a sniper and then somehow expand that to take on multiple targets, and likewise balance a rocket launcher to hit a couple players engaged in melee and then make it as effective as a sniper in a duel.

7 hours ago, -cS-Nighttide77 said:

Soz...grenades are fundamentally flawed? Auto shotguns, spraying weapons... I can't agree with the idea that things should be balanced for 1v1s. Tools of combat are a spectrum of use, from individual benefit all the way to taking on multiple opponents while still benefiting oneself. There is no way to balance something for use against one opponent like a sniper and then somehow expand that to take on multiple targets, and likewise balance a rocket launcher to hit a couple players engaged in melee and then make it as effective as a sniper in a duel.

Grenades are not typically even meant to take on multiple targets in arena shooters. Only tactical shooters or pve shooters use grenades as a wide attack against multiple enemies. Grenades and explosives in arena shooters are almost unanimously single target, and their skill usually relies on cooking the grenades to be released at the perfect time. I don't see how you consider powers to be anything at all like grenades.

2 hours ago, Phasedragon said:

Grenades are not typically even meant to take on multiple targets in arena shooters. Only tactical shooters or pve shooters use grenades as a wide attack against multiple enemies. Grenades and explosives in arena shooters are almost unanimously single target, and their skill usually relies on cooking the grenades to be released at the perfect time. I don't see how you consider powers to be anything at all like grenades.

Unreal Tournament has almost always had the flak cannon with the grenade secondary, sometimes rocket launcher with grenade lobbing.  This even includes the Biorifle.  TF2 has grenades of various types and could be heavily considered an arena shooter.  I don't play that many other arena shooters, but I'm pretty sure any explosives are meant to be used to hit multiple targets or make it easier to hit one target.

Ember's Fireblast is a self-centered grenade with napalm.  Frost's Freeze is an ice grenade that leaves an ice patch behind.  Many soft-lock abilities basically make it so that the "AOE" on a target is simply 1.5m +/- -0.5m (not sure what is the exact size of the soft-lock).  We have all of Vauban's abilities.  I don't see how you cannot see most offensive powers are basically grenades.

I have also hit more than 1 target with a shotgun in order to get 2 frags at once.  The Supra is almost *the* weapon for taking down multiple targets in a small cluster.

Edited by -cS-Nighttide77

22 hours ago, Phasedragon said:

And that really is the problem, though. PVP should be balanced for 1v1, and then adding more people will only expand upon that. The core concept of a weapon or strategy only being useful to take advantage of the chaos of a full match (especially, but not limited to one that takes no skill to use) is fundamentally flawed.

Couldnt have said it better. I understand that there our moments when your 1 v1 skill will come into play and that there our crowd control abilitirs. But the tmnyx with the castanas grants anyones thats stumbles into a crownd or closely huddled players within 12m free kills everytime. This takes not very much skill but yet yields a hugh reward of kills. Doesnt seem like the the teo belong in the same equation ti make things fair (sancti castans + nyx absorb singularity= requires little skill= high kill count)