Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on Volt Rework (Devstream #72) - Disappointments

(PSN)StarDustKillah

FIRSTLY!! I want to say thank you Scott for trying to make Volt better.

What I am going to say, is how I honestly felt when I first saw his W.I.P.

And how I currently feel seeing it again (Like I'm watching it again & again & again & again... while I type)

It's very underwhelming & for the most part... very disappointing.

The Volt on the Dev build had 269% Power Strength.  I understand what a W.I.P is! But this makes me even more saddened at what was seen.

- Shock remains the same, but seems worse a staggering enemies. The Damage would pop in a few seconds later... which is just weird but what ever(Maybe the Dev Builds fault?)

- Energy Barrier has a huge improvement. It visually looks amazing. It can be put above him now, the curve on it will keep you safe. I didn't use it because it didn't do a good job of defending me (I'm primarily a melee user. So hiding behind it bullet hosing in one spot, 24/7 is NOT appealing to me) Him being able to zap his Barrier to harm enemies is nice. Not sure if it'll keep them out though.

- Speed is still Speed. (hoping the opting in thing is a cool mechanic, I guess)

- Overload... when I saw him do his animation... and nothing seemed to happen... I died a little bit. I felt my heart sink into the pit of my stomach & it didn't want to return back behind my sternum. I slowly sunk in my chair with my hands over my temples. I say all this, b/c that's how underwhelmed I was, from SEEING IT!! I'm not referring to damage... from what I saw him do... for his ultimate...

For it's functionality... damage wise... at 269% Power Strength... on Level 35 enemies... seems not amazing. It's better than vanilla's 600 flat damage. It does CC...

It's just boring IMHTGO. I feel it caters too much to the stand still & camp all day play style with Volt. I feel it should be something that can stand on it's own, something unique, just something not this! At times I couldn't even tell it was doing anything. In a full team it's true purpose, will be to stun... Excalibur does that with blind & he can insta-kill those victims at 50% Power Strength.

His ultimate looking boring & not doing much is why am so disappointed in this rework.

That being sad, I see I'm in the minority. I already knew this b/c I enjoy Volt most with Max Speed & Melee Weapons builds. Most Volt players just toss up barriers & camp (from what I've seen.) I guess Volt isn't supposed to be aimed to please me. It sucks his 4 won't go w/ my play style, that being said I doubt I'll ever use him again, I was hoping his 4 wouldn't become this. But it did, after posting my fan rework. It did little to effect the inevitable. 

Anyway have fun everybody. 

Edited by (PS4)StarDustKillah

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

My only problems with it:

Shock

-Make it scale with duration

-Make it scale off of EHP NOT HP

Speed

-Make it recastable please DE

-Give Volt a Sprint Speed buff because when you use it volt gets left behind by the majority of the warframes meaning he is unable to stay ahead and keep his team buffed

Electric Shield

-I hope when you cast shock on electric shield it stuns enemies that try to walk through it and perhaps amplify the bonuses

-It Should recharge your shield when you run through it once per shield

Overload

-HE NEEDS TO BE INVINCIBLE DURING THE ANIMATION CAUSE AS YOU CAN SEE REBECCA DIED WHILE CASTING IT AGAINST LOW LEVEL ENEMIES

-Make it scale off of EHP NOT HP this is the big problem. He will suck against armor if it scales off of HP and not EHP. 50 Damage on 269% power strength against laughably low level enemies doesn't cut it. At all

-I love the cc buff

Yeah all that sounds nice... but he's too One Dimensional now IMO. All his abilities seem to just cater to camping in one spot now.

It sucks but it's fine. He doesn't appeal to me at all anymore now, that's my problem with him now.

Mobile shield like zephyr would be pretty neat. Volt is always on the go as he's always moving to avoid getting attacked...despite the fact that I always get hit regardless. Speed needs a longer duration than 10s although being recastible might possibly solve the solution. If I remember hearing correctly, volt will now be very duration based. I don't think shocking the ES makes a whole lot of sense since the shield is already covered in electricity. ES should stun enemies on contact instead of staring at multiple shields and shocking them all

Edited by Wolfnrun

2 hours ago, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

My only problems with it:

Shock

-Make it scale with duration

-Make it scale off of EHP NOT HP

Speed

-Make it recastable please DE

-Give Volt a Sprint Speed buff because when you use it volt gets left behind by the majority of the warframes meaning he is unable to stay ahead and keep his team buffed

Electric Shield

-I hope when you cast shock on electric shield it stuns enemies that try to walk through it and perhaps amplify the bonuses

-It Should recharge your shield when you run through it once per shield

Overload

-HE NEEDS TO BE INVINCIBLE DURING THE ANIMATION CAUSE AS YOU CAN SEE REBECCA DIED WHILE CASTING IT AGAINST LOW LEVEL ENEMIES

-Make it scale off of EHP NOT HP this is the big problem. He will suck against armor if it scales off of HP and not EHP. 50 Damage on 269% power strength against laughably low level enemies doesn't cut it. At all

-I love the cc buff

That last part!  *Overload* A enemy would say "Hes Vulnerable! everyone! OPEN FIRE!" You name the rest. Actually, you don't have to.