Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Rework (Straw poll)

AKKILLA

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

A significant number of posts have been hidden for derailing the thread. Please keep from personal attacks, swearing, and generally disruptive behavior (that goes for you too OP). 

Thank you!

Got You. If I offended anyone I apologize. I have been attacked as well I have to defend Myself, Im not the type to take punches. Im not a Punching bag

1 hour ago, ChronoEclipse said:

….to you.

Might wanna take [DE] Danielles advice?

No more attacks post your advice how to fix or move to the next thread?

I think You guys should just pretend I never mentioned Blade Storm and give some feed back on the rest of my ideas, Blade Storm isnt the only ability I touched base here.

1 hour ago, RealPandemonium said:

My word, a frame revision should not have 15 pages of whimsy, powercreep requests, and anime gifs to muck through before I can even weigh in.  There's nothing to really respond to in the absence of a concise, targeted writeup; it's mostly just craziness with no real justification for any given proposal.  

I have no idea what You mean?

I dont see any gifs here, I havent posted any in this one either. I usually like to in order to get a visual idea across and videos as well but if You check My topic I never posted not one single gif video or pic in this topic at all. Are You referring to My last thread or what because Im curious to what You mean?

1 hour ago, Xaentrick said:

I just noticed something, while I highly agree with the idea of a stance for Bladestorm. A few numbers for the hidden blades stats might be recommended. An example being that since the hidden blades are used primarily for strabbing. It might have a higher puncture with moderate amounts of slash. Little to no impact damage on it from how we see them used. However this does not mean they could not deal slash as the primary damage type. 

Quick example(aka. Numbers I pulled out at random)

Physical damage: 400

Slash: 250

Puncture: 150

Wall attack: 1200

Slide attack: 800

Ground slam: 625

Crit chance: 20%

Crit multiplier: 2.5x

Status chance: 10%

The blades themselves would not be overpowered and numbers could always use adjustments. (Remember I just topped in random numbers.) Mods on the melee weapon would effect them like you have stayed. The only exceptions probably being things like bloodrush and body count. As they are not taken into effect by hysteria and exalted blade. 

Other than that I love the idea.

Good Point I was going to make a thread before this one about Blade Storms damage being Slash but enemies not being dismembered.

Its just an aesthetic and visual appeal but imo i think it would make some sense. I was gonna say is Blade Storm damage Finisher/Puncture because I see enemies being Stabbed instead of Slashed. Imo Slash should cut slice and chop, puncture should poke stab and impale, as Impact should crush fracture and smash No?

I like how You pulled up numbers but I was thinking shouldnt the slide attack be the wall attacks numbers? I mean slide attacks are usually the highest in damage for mostly all melee weapons anyway but thats not a bad assumption since you were just jotting it down i guess.

I can agree with Body Count not functioning we do have Rising Storm which Body Count does a better job at, Blood Rush too.

Did You take into account BS's Finisher damage? Thats a very important damage type to take into consideration with Blade Storm as well as its function with Arcane Trickery

1 hour ago, RealPandemonium said:

My word, a frame revision should not have 15 pages of whimsy, powercreep requests, and anime gifs to muck through before I can even weigh in.  There's nothing to really respond to in the absence of a concise, targeted writeup; it's mostly just craziness with no real justification for any given proposal.  

My bad this isnt the thread I thought it was 

14 minutes ago, AKKILLA said:

No more attacks post your advice how to fix or move to the next thread?

Would you mind explaining how that was an attack? I simply pointed out that it “making sense” was something specific to you. Others may share that opinion, but just because it “makes sense” doesn’t make it the best option.

I think the rest of your ideas are generally pretty solid, but making Bladestorm into an exalted weapon seems like a bad choice to me. You also formatted the post in such a way as to encourage people who disagreed with your stance on Bladestorm to say their piece on that and not bother with the rest.

Shuriken having melee scaling is fair, IMO. Also adding more Shurikens is not.

A finisher-stun from Smoke Bomb would probably make Teleport a little irrelevant.

Adding synergy to Teleport with his other abilities is pretty cool.

What I don't understand if the title implies that this is all about the fact that smokescreen is a lesser invisibility with a stun (their only relation), but the thread is mostly about doing hard changes to the way bladestorm works (you even describe it as your main course).

Really should take Loki out of the title if this is just about the argument of "why use Ash if I can use Loki?". If all you want is invisibility, then yeah use Loki or Ivara. But what are you looking for in the rest of the kit? Try to ask yourself "why use Loki if I could use Ash?".  Ash can strip armor and double his combo timer (30 sec with body count, which is great for blood rush) with augments. What can Loki do over that? Disarm enemies and irradiate them with augments, nothing that really improves the damage output. Playstyle will determine which strategy is better. So, I hardly think Ash in in the shadows of Loki or vice versa. Apples and oranges arguments.

32 minutes ago, AKKILLA said:

Good Point I was going to make a thread before this one about Blade Storms damage being Slash but enemies not being dismembered.

Its just an aesthetic and visual appeal but imo i think it would make some sense. I was gonna say is Blade Storm damage Finisher/Puncture because I see enemies being Stabbed instead of Slashed. Imo Slash should cut slice and chop, puncture should poke stab and impale, as Impact should crush fracture and smash No?

I like how You pulled up numbers but I was thinking shouldnt the slide attack be the wall attacks numbers? I mean slide attacks are usually the highest in damage for mostly all melee weapons anyway but thats not a bad assumption since you were just jotting it down i guess.

I can agree with Body Count not functioning we do have Rising Storm which Body Count does a better job at, Blood Rush too.

Did You take into account BS's Finisher damage? Thats a very important damage type to take into consideration with Blade Storm as well as its function with Arcane Trickery

Shhh, I forgot about that.

Also the reason for the wall attack being higher than the slide is based off of exalted blade and hysteria. Where hysteria has the same damage for its slide and wall attacks and exalted blade has a higher wall attack and lower slide attack. 

25 minutes ago, ChronoEclipse said:

Would you mind explaining how that was an attack? I simply pointed out that it “making sense” was something specific to you. Others may share that opinion, but just because it “makes sense” doesn’t make it the best option.

I think the rest of your ideas are generally pretty solid, but making Bladestorm into an exalted weapon seems like a bad choice to me. You also formatted the post in such a way as to encourage people who disagreed with your stance on Bladestorm to say their piece on that and not bother with the rest.

Shuriken having melee scaling is fair, IMO. Also adding more Shurikens is not.

A finisher-stun from Smoke Bomb would probably make Teleport a little irrelevant.

Adding synergy to Teleport with his other abilities is pretty cool.

Because everyone is Hell bent on No more Stances. That is just there opinion i can understand to an extent and TBH i dont like what [DE] Steve proposed for the rework of Ashs Blade Storm and he is the Creative Director of this game. Press 4 to send out clones and Ash is free? TBH I prefer Ash to do the Blade Storming, I loved Blade Storm when I first say the Warframe Trailer and say Ashs profile it just read My name all over it. I guess everyone paints there own picture of there Frame i guess. But that still doesnt mean My ideas arent good or not a good option as You claim it to be. That just states your current emotion towards the proposal

imo the smoke screen idea is sorta My second favorite idea,I can imagine Ash Blade Storming in a Cloud of smoke then the smoke clears and bodies are severed and ash is gone. Just My opinion, it kinda urkes Me when people steady compare every stance to EB like if EB was first. Soo what about Exalted Hysteria? Exalted Primal Fury? Exalted Peacemaker? Exalted Artemis Bow? They shouldnt exist because Exalted Blade? Exalted Weapons is now the new pun for these abilities? What ever happend to proper terminology? Its a Stance Ultimate, or a Channeled Drain Ability.

19 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

Actually, it is. The threads got merged. 

This is really weird Idk how that happend because this was My original Thread on Ash rework with the Stance BS concept but now Im all confused, w.e this thread has more support the last one was more disagreements then this one. This one is just a bit too fancy and too much too read I went thru it Myself and felt nauseous like watching Blade Storm in Berserker mode

18 minutes ago, R34LM said:

What I don't understand if the title implies that this is all about the fact that smokescreen is a lesser invisibility with a stun (their only relation), but the thread is mostly about doing hard changes to the way bladestorm works (you even describe it as your main course).

Really should take Loki out of the title if this is just about the argument of "why use Ash if I can use Loki?". If all you want is invisibility, then yeah use Loki or Ivara. But what are you looking for in the rest of the kit? Try to ask yourself "why use Loki if I could use Ash?".  Ash can strip armor and double his combo timer (30 sec with body count, which is great for blood rush) with augments. What can Loki do over that? Disarm enemies and irradiate them with augments, nothing that really improves the damage output. Playstyle will determine which strategy is better. So, I hardly think Ash in in the shadows of Loki or vice versa. Apples and oranges arguments.

The title was from My recent thread and this thread is My first Ash topic Idk how they were merged sorry for the inconvenience the title is from My new thread I made this maybe a month ago i think

36 minutes ago, R34LM said:

I believe I explained Myself with Invisibility/Stealth wise I dont ask for a Duration increase I make great due with My build.

I actually think that people who say use Loki if You want duration just build Ash for Power. Are there any Duration Ash players in existance? Is it a Sin to Build Ash for Max duration? I get maxed 22 seconds and wit Fleeting Ex I get 18.56 which is still great and I have 2 maxed Arcane Trickerys and a Maxed Shadow Step with the entire left side of Naramons passives maxed as well. I have 3 means of invisibility and I run his under dog mod I barely see any Ash players use.

I wanted a bit more for shuriken whether it be fire an extra 2 more projectiles, scale damage a bit more, or add some synergy with shuriken+teleport Smoke Screen I really like the idea of a Cloud for some Real CC which will benefit Ash and his team, not in the most dramatic way but none the less gives Ash Real utility. Smoke Screen is just a cheap ability cost that has the shortest duration soo think about it a small range aoe cloud that chokes/stuns enemies opening finisher kills is in line with Ashs damage and abilities. Teleport was just an idea that felt natural comparing ash to other ninjas who also perform teleportations, I think its a great ability but can be sometimes slightly frustrating to pull off, and is really limited, the synergy with shuriken+teleport was a nice idea imo some like some dont what can I do?

The Blade Storm stance was just a fun concept I thought up after talking to Lord Koga about his rework, he never established it as a Stance at first till the time passed.

Matter fact (PS4) GR13V4NC3 made a thread awhile back waaaaay before Exalted Blade about a similar Stance Blade Storm I forget the name he called it, It involved Ash and his 2 clones having there own exalted weapons instead of hidden blades they were different weapons each clone and its basically a drain ability with weapons thats basically an Exalted Blade Storm with another nae and different weapons, a Stance just feels more fluid and free to perform as You wish and engaging. However its My opinion noone has to agree.

I appreciate both likes and dislikes, without them I wouldnt continue to push this idea. Even those who dislike it keep coming back here soo they must like something.

Too lazy to read 17 pages of merged thread, so i'll just repost this because there's nothing dated before today.

Ash is in no way in the shadow of Loki, they have entirely different purposes in the game. And building duration on Ash is the same as building strength on Loki, a terrible idea.

2 minutes ago, Yajirushi12 said:

Too lazy to read 17 pages of merged thread, so i'll just repost this because there's nothing dated before today.

Ash is in no way in the shadow of Loki, they have entirely different purposes in the game. And building duration on Ash is the same as building strength on Loki, a terrible idea.

lmao

Thumbs-Up-GIF.gif

Edited by AKKILLA

48 minutes ago, AKKILLA said:

Because everyone is Hell bent on No more Stances. That is just there opinion i can understand to an extent and TBH i dont like what [DE] Steve proposed for the rework of Ashs Blade Storm and he is the Creative Director of this game. Press 4 to send out clones and Ash is free? TBH I prefer Ash to do the Blade Storming, I loved Blade Storm when I first say the Warframe Trailer and say Ashs profile it just read My name all over it. I guess everyone paints there own picture of there Frame i guess. But that still doesnt mean My ideas arent good or not a good option as You claim it to be. That just states your current emotion towards the proposal

Just because I don’t want a stanced ultimate for Ash doesn’t mean it was an attack.

I wouldn’t really describe myself as "Hell bent" on anything. I don’t like the idea of Bladestorm being a stance, since I don’t think it really fits his character.
Also, I've seen/heard that the devs initially intended for Ash to use his current melee when Bladestorming, but they decided it was too many animation sets.

I'm explaining why I don’t think a stanced Bladestorm is a good idea. These are my opinions (aside from things specifically stated as not), obviously, but I never claimed otherwise.

I don’t think it’s impossible for a stanced Bladestorm to be good or fun, but I'd prefer another route be taken.

A thought for Bladestorm:
Ash marks an area in much the same way as he does now, but not requiring an initial target. If an initial target is marked, Ash bladestorms it himself once before returning to his initial position. The base duration of the marked radius is 7/8/9/10 seconds.
1/2/3/4 shadow clones are spawned, not scaling with power strength. These clones use Bladestorm’s current attacks on anything in the marked radius, and otherwise idle somewhere in the radius doing the Eclipse Narta. If an idling clone receives damage, it immediately attacks the source regardless of range.
Ash is free to do whatever he wants during the duration, and may do Bladestorm strikes of his own for no energy cost by hitting 4 at an enemy. Hold-casting 4 during this time will cancel the ability early.

9 minutes ago, ChronoEclipse said:

...1/2/3/4 shadow clones are spawned, not scaling with power strength...

Not scaling damage with power strength is a good way to make no one play Ash ever again, even if it still does finisher base damage.

Edit: Rather, he would still be useful until ~40-60 mobs, after which he would rapidly fall off in usefulness while others frames retain their usefulness until at least lvl100 mobs.

Edited by Yajirushi12

26 minutes ago, ChronoEclipse said:

Also, I've seen/heard that the devs initially intended for Ash to use his current melee when Bladestorming, but they decided it was too many animation sets.

I don’t think it’s impossible for a stanced Bladestorm to be good or fun, but I'd prefer another route be taken.

Your statement makes it more relevant that Ash is a Melee expert assassin. 

Nothing wrong with being Hell bent, Im hell bent on the stance I can actually imagine it in game, but thats just My sinister imagination at play.

I guess its safe to say I love Exalted Blade/Hysteria/Primal Fury? Yeah I like cheese its delicious. Im a Power Creep in moderation tho. Thats why I only play PvE games I cant stand anything PvP cuz I suck at aiming (Cuz I use a PS3 remote on PC cuz Im a freakin Noob) Its just Me I am new to PC gaming and I am not very familiar with the PC gaming world till I started playing Warframe. Only thing I know about other then Warframe is League of Legends because I love Zed and WoW but I hate that game there just games My brothers obsessed with, as I am with Warframe.

Warframe is My Bestfriend, My Girlfriend, My Wife, My Family!

I dont play Nothing other then Warframe

Heck I went like 6 months straight playing Ash, I even ignored how bad Blade Storm was and dealt with it, the time has come.

Press 4 to Ninja Gaiden

39 minutes ago, Yajirushi12 said:

Not scaling damage with power strength is a good way to make no one play Ash ever again, even if it still does finisher base damage.

Edit: Rather, he would still be useful until ~40-60 mobs, after which he would rapidly fall off in usefulness while others frames retain their usefulness until at least lvl100 mobs.

False, His Power Strength isnt the only thing You have to rely on.

You do know we have Primary Secondary and Melee? You have Your opinions but thats subjective to you only, I can play a duration build and still survive passed Lvl60 up soo what You saying is irrelevant. 

I have 3 Loadouts and each is used accordingly to what I am facing. I have one particular build I prefer the most and its My Smoke Shadow build but I like being unique and different, if I play like everyone else then I would be a robot and boring. People need to be different its what makes us unique. If You wish to be bland and same as the rest thats on you but You shouldnt say that building Ash fpr Duration is like Building Loki for Strength.

Thats just flat out Ignorance

11 minutes ago, AKKILLA said:

False, His Power Strength isnt the only thing You have to rely on.

You do know we have Primary Secondary and Melee? You have Your opinions but thats subjective to you only, I can play a duration build and still survive passed Lvl60 up soo what You saying is irrelevant. 

I have 3 Loadouts and each is used accordingly to what I am facing. I have one particular build I prefer the most and its My Smoke Shadow build but I like being unique and different, if I play like everyone else then I would be a robot and boring. People need to be different its what makes us unique. If You wish to be bland and same as the rest thats on you but You shouldnt say that building Ash fpr Duration is like Building Loki for Strength.

Thats just flat out Ignorance

I'm not ignorant, the only thing Ash stands out with over any other frame is his 4 in that it does finisher damage with the possibility of slash procs, yielding high damage against almost everything in the game. So since the only thing that Ash stands out with is his 4, it doesn't make sense to build him for his invisibility when either Ivara or Loki are better at that build. Given that fact (Ash 4 > Ash 1-3), removing strength scaling from his 4 will make him useless for anything over level 60 or so, even when a duration Ash might still be around doing a bad job of playing an Ash.

1 hour ago, Yajirushi12 said:
22 minutes ago, Yajirushi12 said:

I'm not ignorant, the only thing Ash stands out with over any other frame is his 4 in that it does finisher damage with the possibility of slash procs, yielding high damage against almost everything in the game. So since the only thing that Ash stands out with is his 4, it doesn't make sense to build him for his invisibility when either Ivara or Loki are better at that build. Given that fact (Ash 4 > Ash 1-3), removing strength scaling from his 4 will make him useless for anything over level 60 or so, even when a duration Ash might still be around doing a bad job of playing an Ash.

Its an ignorant statement to make, saying building Ash for duration is as good as building Loki for Strength.

Loki doesnt have a positive or negative affect with  Pwr Strength, only Duration, Efficiency, and Range.

Ash on the other hand has a positive affect with all stat types being Strength Duration Range and Efficiency. Thats basically offering a negative reply to new players who wish to utilize Ash. 

Yes Ash excels best a Power Strength soo its understandable to build specifically for that but telling the community that You shouldnt build for duration on Ash just go Loki/Ivara is a ignorant statement.

However You build Your Ash however You like, He is Yours not mine. I run mines with all 3 Loadouts One being Maxed Duration the other being a mid duration mid power strength and mid range with maxed efficiency and the Power House build with Maxed Power Strength.

I do this with all My Warframes I utilize all 3 Loadouts and build them each different to achieve a different result in Play Style

Just now, AKKILLA said:

Ash on the other hand has a positive affect with all stat types being Strength Duration Range and Efficiency. Thats basically offering a negative reply to new players who wish to utilize Ash. 

Yes Ash excels best a Power Strength soo its understandable to build specifically for that but telling the community that You shouldnt build for duration on Ash just go Loki/Ivara is a ignorant statement.

It's not the best build for Ash is power strength, it's that the only end-game viable build for Ash is power strength. Stop trying to say a duration Ash is a "good" build, its not.

Now of course that is just with the current Ash abilities, if/when he gets reworked I might agree that a duration Ash is viable.

2 minutes ago, Yajirushi12 said:

It's not the best build for Ash is power strength, it's that the only end-game viable build for Ash is power strength. Stop trying to say a duration Ash is a "good" build, its not.

Now of course that is just with the current Ash abilities, if/when he gets reworked I might agree that a duration Ash is viable.

It is, just because You cant play a Duration Ash doesnt mean You should keep saying it isnt.

I get thru even Raids with a Duration Build so idk what Your saying and Ash isnt necessary in Raids right? lol ok

3 minutes ago, AKKILLA said:

It is, just because You cant play a Duration Ash doesnt mean You should keep saying it isnt.

I get thru even Raids with a Duration Build so idk what Your saying and Ash isnt necessary in Raids right? lol ok

And what do you actually contribute to a raid with a duration Ash that a Loki couldn't do considerably better? nothing.

Duration Ash is something fun to play around with until you realize it's still worse than a duration Loki and also worse than a strength Ash, if you want an invisible Ash either run Arcane Trickery or Naramon Focus.

14 minutes ago, Yajirushi12 said:

And what do you actually contribute to a raid with a duration Ash that a Loki couldn't do considerably better? nothing.

Duration Ash is something fun to play around with until you realize it's still worse than a duration Loki and also worse than a strength Ash, if you want an invisible Ash either run Arcane Trickery or Naramon Focus.

Well Can Loki Turn His Entire squad invisible too? i think not The Only Reason Loki is technically Better is Because He Can Disarm enemies tell me how useful Decoy is in the Raid? (Switch teleport has Some Niche use I'll admit)

And an Argument can be made of why disarm the enemies when you can just kill them with ash? (Answer: Because they Remain CC'd And helpless)

Smoke Shadow is a very viable tactic and Losing out on some duration for team utility is a fair trade off As is Trading Duration for Ash's Increased Damage output

Now can you please stop trying to press your Opinions on others Expressing them as Facts it Doesn't Bode Well for your argument

Edited by (PS4)Crimson_Judgment
Fixed error

3 minutes ago, Yajirushi12 said:

Actually I did I revived the Loki bomb carrier and cloaked the team while Killing+CC enemies. I run a Smoke Shadow build heavy its one of My trade mark builds.

Dont make statements You have no knowledge of Your just spitting out replies to sound cool

You obviously know nothing about Me or how I play, I am a 1st generation Arcane Trickery Ash. I obtained 20 Arcane Trickerys when Raids first appeared in the same Day I luckily had 4k plat I bought 2 days before the Prime access and Raids arrived so I bought Myself a set pretty Cheap.

Back then Noone knew how good arcane trickery was it actually got popular around the time Ash Prime released I seen the prices in Trade chat sky rocket. My build revolves around chained invisibility utilizing Arcane Trickery and refreshing with Smoke Screen to maintain invisibility and I just rinse and repeat, but in Higher Levels Arcane Trickery falls Heavy this is where I can agree with You that You must bring a Strength build but 140% Strength is decent mid levels i can still Kill and proc trickery if im looking at Lv100 up then 200% or beter is the choice but My build consists of moderate Blade Storms for procing Trickery and with the 20 seconds I have left I can sword/gun play and breathe instead of just spam 4 which gets boring, remember when Trickery is unreliable Smoke Screen is there to fall back on.

Maybe thats why you claimed Duration is bad on Ash yeah because in Void or High level sorties/Corpus maps Nulls will deactivate Smoke Screen, but litte did You know I run Maxed Trickerys (2) and Yes I have Shadow Step Maxed too and the entire left side of Naramon passives as well. I try not to rely on Shadow Step tho because it takes 4-5 minutes to activate Mind Spike and all the Nerf Shadow Step threads prepared Me for the worst soo I rely on both Smoke Screen+Arcane Trickery Chained Invisibility.

Maybe thats why You say this but still take into consideration that some duration is better then None at all 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Crimson_Judgment said:

Well Can Loki Turn His Entire squad invisible too? i think not The Only Reason Loki is technically Better is Because He Can Disarm enemies tell me how useful Decoy is in the Raid? (Switch teleport has Some Niche use I'll admit)

And an Argument can be made of why disarm the enemies when you can just kill them with ash? (Answer: Because they Remain CC'd And helpless)

Smoke Shadow is a very viable tactic and Losing out on some duration for team utility is a fair trade off As is Trading Duration for Ash's Increased Damage output

Now can you please stop trying to press your Opinions on others Expressing them as Facts it Doesn't Bode Well for your argument

People are sleep on Smoke Shadow.

The fact it now cloaks Rescue Hostages/Defense Operators/Syndicate Operatives is a great addition. I run Defense Sorties with Smoke Shadow Ash and enemies can barely harm the operative, The BEST thing about Smoke Shadow that I personally love not only that it makes Ash a Team player but it IGNORES NULLIFIERS/STALKER DISPELS/ZANUKA similar to Arcane Trickery/Naramon Shadow Step which is Fantastic.

Note: It doesnt deactivate Your Allies/Operatives/Rescue Hostages Invisibility but the Ash who casted it will be deactivated this is where Arcane Trickery com in to play :)

Spoiler

1zyDR5v.jpg?2

y8wT1Os.jpg?2

WHY PLAY LOKI WHEN I CAN SAVE HIS LIFE WITH ASH??? NOTICE THE ARCANE TRICKERY AND SMOKE SCREEN DURATION THO <3

2 hours ago, Yajirushi12 said:

Not scaling damage with power strength is a good way to make no one play Ash ever again, even if it still does finisher base damage.

Edit: Rather, he would still be useful until ~40–60 mobs, after which he would rapidly fall off in usefulness while others frames retain their usefulness until at least lvl100 mobs.

I said the number shouldn’t scale with power strength, not that the damage wouldn’t.

That was a silly thing to assume.