Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silva Aegis Q:

RiftwalkSniper

Question

I saw this player have a sword, and he was auto attacking, but the blade had a animation that was making waves of a blade looking thing fly far and it would hit a lot of enemies, I'm honestly not sure how else to describe it, he'd auto attack and waves of something would fly forever. Is this possible to do on the Silva and aegis? This has to be my FAVORITE weapon in the game, but it feels so underwhelming and I'm trying to find a way to make it stronger, I recently found out that a rhino charge with your enemies burn because of the weapon, which is pretty damn cool.

Main question here, 1st, is the thing I described earlier possible for a rhino/Silva & aegis? 2nd, what mods would you recommend and why? 3rd, can this weapon be viable? Possibly be smart about it and work around its flaws? This is something I want to bring with me to endgame content. Thanks guys!

5 answers to this question

the Shield Combo Melee Archetype in Warframe is complete garbage. the Animations are not useful in Combat and you will spend most of your time not Damaging Enemies when using.
just avoid them except for novelty purpose.

button mash animation string 1 has one useful strike, the very last one, a Shield Bash. but you have to do 7 not useful strikes first to do it. so you can't use it in Combat.
animation string 2 is just garbage. the Shield Throw can't hit anything. and doesn't do anything if it does.
animation string 3 is almost okay. lets you do gap closing but still doesn't do much in Combat.
basic strikes are cancer.

it's really a shame that the beautiful Ack has to be welded into that garbage Archetype. instead of standalone as a 'Medium Axe' or something like that. 'Bastard Axe' is probably the category it would fall into.

and Silva/Aegis has it even worse. with slower swings(because of Berserker), much, much less Damage; much less useful Status(basically useless infact - Fire Status is awful)...

- - - - - 

and that was Exalted Blade, yes. not the Melee Weapon.

Edited by taiiat

6 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the Shield Combo Melee Archetype in Warframe is complete garbage. the Animations are not useful in Combat and you will spend most of your time not Damaging Enemies when using.
just avoid them except for novelty purpose.

button mash animation string 1 has one useful strike, the very last one, a Shield Bash. but you have to do 7 not useful strikes first to do it. so you can't use it in Combat.
animation string 2 is just garbage. the Shield Throw can't hit anything. and doesn't do anything if it does.
animation string 3 is almost okay. lets you do gap closing but still doesn't do much in Combat.
basic strikes are cancer.

it's really a shame that the beautiful Ack has to be welded into that garbage Archetype. instead of standalone as a 'Medium Axe' or something like that. 'Bastard Axe' is probably the category it would fall into.

and Silva/Aegis has it even worse. with slower swings(because of Berserker), much, much less Damage; much less useful Status(basically useless infact - Fire Status is awful)...

- - - - - 

and that was Exalted Blade, yes. not the Melee Weapon.

A. You obviously haven't ACTUALLY used The Newest S&S Stance, otherwise you'd know that the newest one is far superior and makes the weapons better than baseline, on par with what tempo royal does for heavy weapons.

B. Fire is a perfectly fine element on a status weapon because it means you can easy pull off the best elemental combo for all factions, Blast+Corrosive.

C. While silva and aegis has less attack speed, it's extremely high status chance when you use dual status mods is insanely powerful, and you can chain stun groups of enemies on the ground with near constant blast and corrosive procs. DPS does not mean everything in Warframe.

8 minutes ago, Noblesse_0blige said:

Final Harbinger

Corrosive + Blast

- the Basic Attacks of Final Harbinger are significantly better than Eleventh Storm. but that sets the bar as low as possible. they're acceptable.
and unless the rolling Shield causes Enemies to like, disappear into the Void, the rest of the Animations have almost no use whatsoever. like with the Rapier Animation strings, being summed up as 'attacks over here a bunch'.

- knocking the Enemies down isn't not useful - but means you'll be hard pressed to actually Kill Alloy Armor Enemies. you're going to be standing there flailing your arm around in circles for a long time.

gap closing is the only thing either has going for it, Eleventh Storms' and Final Harbingers' Animation string 4 are hard to say which closes gaps better.
this does not sum up to a set of tools that is flexible and useful in Combat. it sums up to 'a lot of wildly swinging around me not hitting much cause raisons' plus gap closing.

i don't involve emotion into my scrutiny of Melee in Warframe, but i'm not as sure about your response.
i don't lower my bar for Melee Combat just because your Character decides they want to dance instead of fight. looking fancy comes second to actually performing Melee Combat in an effective manner that does not comprise of just wildly flailing your arms around at the air, which are most of the Melee Animations in Warframe.