Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soon-To-Be Ash Prime Player and Sniper?

Gameverseman

Question

Hello everyone!

I just started crafting Ash Prime. If you've read my other posts, you know that I made a similar post to this but in regards to Loki Prime. After having played, leveled, and built Loki Prime, I was really happy. I loved the utility he has. But I couldn't help but feel like, in terms of abilities, that he's a passive aggressive frame. Needless to say, I felt he lacked that direct innate punch, but loved the utility of his invisibility. Naturally, this brought me to Ash and Ash Prime. I researched him online and felt he'd be a great alternative to Loki while still staying within the same wheelhouse. So I'm curious to know what's the best way to play him? I was thinking of a hybrid between Loki and Excalibur or a hybrid between Volt (comparable stats) and Loki/Excalibur. Also, what's the best way to build him?

On a different note, I normally use bows but want to try out snipers. Seeing as how Ash Prime is shown with Vectis Prime I was curious to know if there's any viability to using a sniper with Ash. I know Ash is more of a melee frame, which I don't mind, but I was thinking that range w/firepower plus strong melee would be a well rounded load out. Am I wrong?

Thanks for your input.

14 answers to this question

Well tbh right NOW building him for bladestorm. Yea you can build him for his 2 and give allies invisibility for a while but it isnt as helpful as his bladestorm winds up being.

I'd suggest getting arcane trickery for him. With his 4 doing nothing but finishers you'll proc a 20 second invisibility a lot of the time which makes smokescreen obsolete.

But this is subject to change since for a while now a "Bladestorm rework coming soon™" has been floating around so he may not be the nuke he is now eventually.

Also if you're a bow fan I'd suggest you get Ivara, no question about it. And in terms of using snipers I can't really comment on them cause I utterly despise snipers in this game considering we're fighting in horde mode 24/7 and only I think 1 sniper(Lanka?) has innate punch through.

Edited by rawr1254

10 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

Well tbh right NOW building him for bladestorm. Yea you can build him for his 2 and give allies invisibility for a while but it isnt as helpful as his bladestorm winds up being.

I'd suggest getting arcane trickery for him. With his 4 doing nothing but finishers you'll proc a 20 second invisibility a lot of the time which makes smokescreen obsolete.

But this is subject to change since for a while now a "Bladestorm rework coming soon™" has been floating around so he may not be the nuke he is now eventually.

Also if you're a bow fan I'd suggest you get Ivara, no question about it. And in terms of using snipers I can't really comment on them cause I utterly despise snipers in this game considering we're fighting in horde mode 24/7 and only I think 1 sniper(Lanka?) has innate punch through.

I read similar things in regards to a bladestorm centric build, however, I think I'll leave it open for wiggle room for when the Nerf hammer *cough* I mean rework comes around. Now in terms of Ivara, I plan to get her at some point. However, as much as I like bows, I'm not all that good with them... Yet. So that'll go on the back burner for now. Bows and snipers aside, what's a good primary for Ash? I heard shotguns are the way to go but I just don't like the idea of a quintessential ninja (Ash) using a shotgun. So I made him the Daikyu. However, i'm open to suggestions.

2 minutes ago, Gameverseman said:

I read similar things in regards to a bladestorm centric build, however, I think I'll leave it open for wiggle room for when the Nerf hammer *cough* I mean rework comes around. Now in terms of Ivara, I plan to get her at some point. However, as much as I like bows, I'm not all that good with them... Yet. So that'll go on the back burner for now. Bows and snipers aside, what's a good primary for Ash? I heard shotguns are the way to go but I just don't like the idea of a quintessential ninja (Ash) using a shotgun. So I made him the Daikyu. However, i'm open to suggestions.

Well tbh outside of bladestorm he isn't the best frame to float around shooting stuff with. But if I had to guess maybe a bow if you're gonna work with his smokscreen. But in terms of good weapons for him it'd probably be the Zhuge, silent and high damage with full auto crits.

2 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

Well tbh outside of bladestorm he isn't the best frame to float around shooting stuff with. But if I had to guess maybe a bow if you're gonna work with his smokscreen. But in terms of good weapons for him it'd probably be the Zhuge, silent and high damage with full auto crits.

Assuming I can craft it, I wouldn't be opposed to the Zhuge since I enjoy the Attica. Now I plan to use the dragon nikana. I assume that's fine?

4 minutes ago, Gameverseman said:

Assuming I can craft it, I wouldn't be opposed to the Zhuge since I enjoy the Attica. Now I plan to use the dragon nikana. I assume that's fine?

I kinda let Orthos P replace my dragon Nikana cause of the range letting me kill with it at a safer distance which was then replaced with the Nikana Prime. But for melee it's whatever your preference is

Edited by rawr1254

6 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

I kinda let Orthos P replace my dragon Nikana cause of the range letting me kill with it at a safer distance which was then replaced with the Nikana Prime. But for melee it's whatever your preference is

Well I already have Orthos Prime maxed and am crafting the dragon nikana, though I probably will get nikana prime. However, I have a difficult question about Ash... Does Steel Charge buff bladestorm?

2 minutes ago, Gameverseman said:

Well I already have Orthos Prime maxed and am crafting the dragon nikana, though I probably will get nikana prime. However, I have a difficult question about Ash... Does Steel Charge buff bladestorm?

Yes it does. Also if you DO wind up building for bladestorm I'd suggest a Body Count mod on your melee weapon cause bladestorms dmg is also affected by the melee multiplier.

2 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

Yes it does. Also if you DO wind up building for bladestorm I'd suggest a Body Count mod on your melee weapon cause bladestorms dmg is also affected by the melee multiplier.

Then I should also buff finisher damage on my melee weapon?

1 hour ago, Gameverseman said:

After having played, leveled, and built Loki Prime, I was really happy.

I know this is nitpicky but I found it rather amusing, the way this is read, you played him, leveled him, then built him.  Too funny.

Anyway, I use dark dagger on ash, when equipped (not melee) it has a radial viral proc that finished off most things, cuts their health in half if they don't die and replenishes your energy.  That is using the red veil syndicate augment.  And covert lethality it very effective too with ash.

Vectis prime is a great sniper so long as you get used to not spamming and reloading every 2 (or 1 with mods) shots.

15 hours ago, Xekrin said:

I know this is nitpicky but I found it rather amusing, the way this is read, you played him, leveled him, then built him.  Too funny.

Anyway, I use dark dagger on ash, when equipped (not melee) it has a radial viral proc that finished off most things, cuts their health in half if they don't die and replenishes your energy.  That is using the red veil syndicate augment.  And covert lethality it very effective too with ash.

Vectis prime is a great sniper so long as you get used to not spamming and reloading every 2 (or 1 with mods) shots.

How, exactly, do you equip the dark dagger NOT as a melee weapon?