The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Ivara's prowl + sleep can be OP and gamebraking

K4r4k4s4

Ivara's Prowl and Sleep Arrow abilities way too overpowered and can be gamebraking in some game mods. Invis + Sleep arrow can also easily abuse some mechanics like stealth exp bonus multiplier and dagger with Covert Lethality mod that can kill any level mob.

While Ivara in prowl, mobs do not run to her but they walk around slowly. Unlike Loki's invis where mobs literally rush to him thus leechers, eximus, nulls can become very dangerous.

On survival Prowl can steal oxygen packs, after that if mob dies it can drop pack once again.

On interception mobs just wandering around and stand near terminals sleeping all the time.

Ivara's invis arrow can be selfcasted. I guess it already was fixed.

DE plz nerf.

Some random youtube videos about the topic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN5i8Tsh8z8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8zATYvM4A8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UdGW2-0c6o

Moreover, Sleep Arrow effect don't dispels by nullifiers (for 18.7.1 atm). Ivara can pop Null's bubble from safe distanse, then cast sleep arrow to stop him, then approach while bubble appears again (Null and company continue to sleep in bubble), optionally pop it again and finish Null. Though it can be done in one pass if do that quickly.

One more strange bug that sometimes finisher can be started from rolling animation. While bug is 'active' it can be possible to interrupt rolling animation at any frame to start finisher and mobs even automatically turns their back to you if they can't be finished from front like ancients. It is not rare bug though I can't reproduce it stably.

Really dude?!?

On 4/4/2016 at 9:34 AM, K4r4k4s4 said:

Ivara's Prowl and Sleep Arrow abilities way too overpowered and can be gamebraking in some game mods.

The same can be said for pretty much every frame.  

I get the feeling that you are crying nerf because of some other reason.

I just don't see how someone who has actually played Ivara can say what you are saying without it being a joke.   

On 04/04/2016 at 5:34 PM, K4r4k4s4 said:

Ivara can pop Null's bubble from safe distanse, then cast sleep arrow to stop him, then approach while bubble appears again (Null and company continue to sleep in bubble), optionally pop it again and finish Null. Though it can be done in one pass if do that quickly.

It's actually easy to pop the bubble and finish him right away.

I still fail to see how my solo Interceptions on Ivara break your game lol

Edited by SeaUrchins

What you describe don't sound to be bugs. And you're complaining about her core abilities, which are pretty alright for what they are. Without her abilities she'd be an incredibly squishy and boring frame. She's a stealth/huntress Warframe, it makes sense for her to pickpocket and still get loot. Nekros basically do that when enemies die, it's just Ivara can do it while they're alive that makes them different in that regard.

I guess the only real argument you have is about sleep and nulls, but if you think about it - even though sleep arrow is an ability it's still sleep. If you fall asleep a null bubble won't fix you up. That's a half-&#! excuse, but it can work. Do nulls affect Equinox's Maim ability? Or whatever the floor one is called.

And the Redeemer 'bug', I can roll and start charging midway through so I'm unsure if it's a bug or not. I've done it with any frame.

Ivara is supposed to be a stealth frame. If you believe she is too good then go play with Loki or Ash. I can still solo a T4 Interception with Loki for 20 or so rounds. Oh and just incase you ever missed it, we Tenno are supposed to be overpowered space ninjas that can deal with problems. Also how can a warframe be "too OP". This game is mainly PVE focused. I've played this game since june 2013 and I've seen Warframes get nerfed and buffed, over and over. I don't understand why players would complain about an overpowered warframe, the devs just do what the community wants. Oh and also with Ivara there is a certain skill factor that you must master before even trying high level missions. If you don't have experience in "stealth" gameplay you will have a very hard time getting anywhere with Ivara, Loki, Banshee or Ash. All of these warframes are powerful when in stealth, but not so much when not out of sight. Also please think about the gaming community as a whole before posting something like this. Look at other posts, but don't rush into posting "ERMAHGERD ITS TOO OP PLS NERF DE"  Oh and before I forget, look for Mag Shield Polarize builds on youtube, then go brag who is OP AF. Have a nice day. I'm out.

• 3 weeks later...

I suspect you are just jealous. because it's either you can't use her, you don't have her.  

Dude, if i take your logic from this post, i'd say Ash is so @(*()$ OP and could break the game as well. He literally could kill the executors with one skill. 

1 hour ago, Shugaraa said:

I suspect you are just jealous. because it's either you can't use her, you don't have her.  

Dude, if i take your logic from this post, i'd say Ash is so @(*()$ OP and could break the game as well. He literally could kill the executors with one skill. 

What a bump.

On 4/4/2016 at 7:34 AM, K4r4k4s4 said:

*text about Ivara etc*

This isn't a bug, more like feedback. And in that logic, Nullifiers are game breaking with their ability to be immune to every warframe power known to Tenno. No weapon can pierce the shield. The shield has a maximum rate that it can shrink at and it regenerates fairly quickly. Their spawn rates are so high that you'll often find 2 or more Nullifiers within each others' bubbles. Bombards are also game breaking. They can fire homing rockets fairly quickly from a distance, have a large AoE and damage value, and have an insane amount of armor and health. Nekros is also game breaking since, like you said, he can generate life support modules from dead bodies on top of them dropping one on death. Nova can slow enemies down by 75% and give you a damage boost against them so she must be game breaking too. Warframe powers are just that, warframe powers. They can only help you, not hurt you.