Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Newbie to WF. Tips on Trinity?

jeof96

Question

I played WF for 9 hours last year, but now that I have the time, I'm playing it again.

Anyway, here's my history:

I picked Volt, and only used the Starting Equip/Weapons given to you and haven't crafted anything else(exceptions below).
The 50 Starter Platinum, have been used to purchase 2 WF slots. The innate Weapon slots are enough IMO.

ATM, I'm MR2, with everything in Rank 19-21(WF, Weapons)

I purchased Blueprints for Trinity and Frost. Trinity caught my eye the most.
I checked the wiki and took a glance on her abilities and instantly wanted to play this WF.

Since I have poor aiming skills, I wanted to have a focus on a Melee Weapon while supporting.
Once again I checked the wiki and looked for a Melee Weapon that does AoE+multi-hitting+fast attack rate.

I found Orthos.

Right now I'm still trying to rank everything I have to 30, whilst building to my goal which is Trinity.

I would really appreciate some tips on how to Optimize her together with Orthos, like Mods and such.
While I do know there are "Dream Builds", please try to avoid recommending Mods that are very painful to obtain(like end-game drops). I would appreciate if you mentioned the "Essentials/Required Mods" to Optimize both Trinity and Orthos.

For Orthos, what are are some Essential/Required Mods that can be used against the Majority of Enemy Types? (Not too specialized-against-1-enemy-type/weak, enough to be used on anything while Spamming support on the battlefield, and keeping enemies away with its insane range)

One more question, is Carrier Sentinel a "Quality of Life" Sentinel? I got a mod Vacuum, and it seems really convenient on not having to manually loot items on the battlefield.
I'm tempted to purchase his Blueprint.

BTW, atm, I'm 7hours away from crafting Orthos. But I wouldn't use it until I have raised my WF+Equip Ranks to 30.

20 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, jeof96 said:

One more question, is Carrier Sentinel a "Quality of Life" Sentinel? I got a mod Vacuum, and it seems really convenient on not having to manually loot items on the battlefield.
I'm tempted to purchase his Blueprint.

Yes, Carrier is gonna last you forever, utility wise.

For Orthos, look for the Reach mod and Fury mod. Those will increase your range and attack speed. Damage wise, I would suggest your normal melee increase mod (forgot name) and then elemental combinations since they stack on top of melee dmg. Once you have more mods and experience on the game you will be able to obtain better mods to add according to your like/optimize.

About building Trinity for melee, cannot help you there. That's one of my least used frames, but most normal builds I have seen focus on efficiency (for lower energy costs) and range (larger life/energy buff area).

Hopefully someone with a Trinity melee build might comment and give you better advice.

Trinity right now, has 2 major build paths, max duration (for blessing buff and link) and min duration with as much strength + range as possible ( for energy vampire, which is the more popular build). For both builds, you'd want corrupted mods which can be obtained in the Orokin Derelict Vaults, these reduce one stat and increase another, these include (for Min duration); Transient Fortitude, Fleeting Expertise, Overextended, Blind rage, and (for max duration); Narrow Minded, Blind rage.

Other essential mods you need (for any frame really) are flow (for more max energy), Stretch ( for more range), Streamline ( for more efficiency) and probably most importantly, intensify ( for more power strength). These 4 mods drop from "regular" enemies so you probably have some already, otherwise message me ingame, I'll probably have some spare.

Also one other mod you might want for energy vampire build is vampire leech which basically makes energy vampire restore shields, can be bought fairly cheaply (around 10 p) from other players.

Nightmare mods are fairly easy to obtain, all you need really are dragon keys, the blueprints of which can be bought from the market, (there are 4; Extinguished, Bleeding, Hobbled and Decaying) and then just go into recruiting chat and if someone says "H Vault runs" then just ask to be invited and equip the key that they tell you to. Then you just do the mission, and then look for the vault along the way, (pictures of what it looks like are on the wiki) open it, extract, and hopefully you get one of the mods you were looking for.

I've got no idea about othros, but the 2 main mods you want maxed for pretty much any melee weapon are pressure point ( which increases base damage by a percentage) and fury ( which increases attack speed).

Another melee mod you might want is Reach which increases the range of your melee weapon by a percentage, so it probably is worth getting on the orthos given its already long range

Carrier is easily the most popular sentinel by far, you basically don't have to worry about picking up loot. It is a quality of life sentinel, but  one that is regarded by some as essential, and once you start using it, you'll probably not want to bother with other sentinels becuase vacuum is so useful and people are lazy, so get it's blueprint asap

And btw, you will find the innate weapon slots will definitely not be enough as you go on, if you don't keep selling weapons)

(sry for any typos you might find)

Edited by SolaceonVP
Added a few things

There's 2 ways to build a Trinity, but unfortunately, because of how much more you use your abilities when playing a support role than with other classes, they both require pretty high level mods to work well, some from void and more from orokin derelict. (See http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Trinity and click on 'Search Builds'.  Even the 0 forma builds have vault and void mods in them).

I wouldn't call Trinity a good first frame to level with, unless you like doing very little else besides using your abilities, and watching duration timers.  You really need the better mods to save spamming energy vampire repeatedly to cover its cost, and get a good amount of energy returned from it (and at low levels your team's energy use won't be efficient either), and to give your last two abilities enough duration that you aren't constantly refreshing them.  Without that, it can be pretty painful to play, unless you're not actually making use of abilities.

However, don't let that put you off setting yourself the goal of playing a Trinity, it's just that your focus might have to be a little longer term.  You'll have to spend a little time getting the equipment, that can get you the mods, that are needed to make her shine, because when you have a well modded Trinity she progresses from being a button-spamming, buff-micromanagement burden to play, into a truly exceptional frame, that is in constant demand.

Other than buying them with Platinum, the only way to get the core mods you need is to do Orokin Derelict vaults, which are rated level 25-35, but are always done with a full team, because you have to each take one of 4 keys into the mission. The keys have different penalties while you have them, like lower shields, lower health, lower damage, and lower speed.  Survivability being key, your frost will suit you well, and you don't actually need to be well geared to do massive damage, if you pick the slowed or lower damage key.  The other group members will expect you to be lagging behind or not much use in combat, so you can get away with sub-standard gear, so long as you can survive a few hits, or run to cover in order to survive (so focus on tanking and movement speed mods for vault runs).  Another benefit to lower level players doing vaults, is that being slowed or doing less damage isn't as popular a choice, so you'll regularly get to pick those keys.

Trinity can make good use of pretty much all the vault mods, and spares you get are always in demand by other players, so can be sold for platinum for more weapon/warframe slots.

You'll also need to level your mods, which requires fusion cores, or junk mods to fuse into them.  Frost a great frame to farm the excavation on earth with, where you get plenty of mod drops (that your sentinel will hoover up, so you don't miss loads), while Orthos is a good weapon for low level survivals, that also drop a lot of mods (if you get Orthos Prime from the very popular T2 capture and Exterminate missions, it's good up to T3).

Really though, as a newish player, your focus should be on getting the core mods - that are used on pretty much every frame and weapon - fused up to decent levels, as those, more than new equipment, are what determines the level of content you can play. High level Vitality, Redirection, Serration, Pressure Point and Hornet Strike give a new player more return for the mods and credits spent on leveling them, than anything else, until their next level becomes prohibitively expensive.

After that, sets of elemental mods for all your weapons are worth farming for and leveling up, as they are the next best way to increase your damage (toxin for secondaries can be a little hard to get).

Lastly, if you really want to play Trinity as a melee damager, try and get your hands on a Dragon Nikana, Nikana Prime, or Scindo Prime.  A good Blessing-Link build will let you face tank really tough foes, so you can survive being in melee range where other frames (excluding valk) have little chance.

You could of course go for AoE weapons that don't need a good aim, and Trinity has the benefit of being able to channel any splash damage that would kill another frame onto enemies, through Link.  With Angstrum and Ogris you can shoot at your own feet and kill nearby targets.  At MR 12 there's the Synoid Simulor (which can actually be used as a melee weapon, if you detonate the projectiles as soon as they leave the barrel).

Edited by polarity

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Bosnia_Akhalar said:

1. Buy Glaive Prime, or use Glaive, Cerata...don't use Orthos

2. Buy or farm mods : Blind Rage, Overextended, Transient Fortitude, Intensify, Fleeting Expertise, Streamline, Stretch, Primed Flow, Primed Continuity, Narrow Minded, Constitution, Enemy Sense, Corrosive Projection, Quick Thinking, Astral Twilight, Fever Strike, Quick Return, Virulent Scourge, Primed Reach, Whirlwind...

3. Build your Glaive like this : Astral Twilight, Fever Strike, Pressure Point, Fury, Primed Reach, Power Throw, Whirlwind, Virulent Scourge, Quick Return.

4. Build your energy suppoter Trinity like this : Corrosive Projection, Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude, Overextended, Fleeting Expertise, Primed Flow, Enemy Sense, Stretch, Cunning Rift or Quick Thinking or Vampire Leech.

5. Build your immortal team Trinity like this : Corrosive Projection, Quick Thinking, Primed Flow, Primed Continuity, Constitution, Narrow Minded, Streamline, Enemy Sense, Intensify, Stretch or Rage or Intruder.

Have fun ;)

Holy S#&$, I got a response that answers my question!
Thanks bro!

13 minutes ago, Souldend78 said:

Yes, Carrier is gonna last you forever, utility wise.

For Orthos, look for the Reach mod and Fury mod. Those will increase your range and attack speed. Damage wise, I would suggest your normal melee increase mod (forgot name) and then elemental combinations since they stack on top of melee dmg. Once you have more mods and experience on the game you will be able to obtain better mods to add according to your like/optimize.

About building Trinity for melee, cannot help you there. That's one of my least used frames, but most normal builds I have seen focus on efficiency (for lower energy costs) and range (larger life/energy buff area).

Hopefully someone with a Trinity melee build might comment and give you better advice.

I will do purchase Carrier.
:D

9 minutes ago, SolaceonVP said:

Trinity right now, has 2 major build paths, max duration (for blessing buff and link) and min duration with as much strength + range as possible ( for energy vampire, which is the more popular build). For both builds, you'd want "nightmare mods which can be obtained in the Orokin Derelict Vaults, these reduce one stat and increase another, these include (for Min duration); Transient Fortitude, Fleeting Expertise, Overextended, Blind rage, and (for max duration); Narrow Minded, Blind rage.

Other essential mods you need (for any frame really) are flow (for more max energy), Stretch ( for more range), Streamline ( for more efficiency) and probably most importantly, intensify ( for more power strength). These 4 mods drop from "regular" enemies so you probably have some already, otherwise message me ingame, I'll probably have some spare.

Also one other mod you might want for energy vampire build is vampire leech which basically makes energy vampire restore shields, can be bought fairly cheaply ( around 10 p) from other players.

Nightmare mods are fairly easy to obtain, all you need really are dragon keys, the blueprints of which can be bought from the market, (there are 4; Extinguished, Bleeding, Hobbled and Decaying) and then just go into recruiting chat and if someone says "H Vault runs" then just ask to be invited and equip the key that they tell you to. Then you just do the mission, and then look for the vault along the way, pictures of what it looks like are on the wiki.

I've got no idea about othros, but the 2 main mods you want maxed for pretty much any melee weapon are pressure point ( which increases base damage by a percentage) and fury ( which increases attack speed)

Carrier is easily the most popular sentinel by far, you basically don't have to worry about picking up loot. It is a quality of life sentinel, but it is one that is regarded by some as essential, and once you start using it, you'll probably not want to bother with other sentinels, so get it's blueprint asap

(sry for any typos you might find)

Hello, I could really use some help with "Common" Mods.

And btw, I might use the Trinity EV Build, that means my Team can spam Abilities, right?

8 minutes ago, jeof96 said:

Hello, I could really use some help with "Common" Mods.

And btw, I might use the Trinity EV Build, that means my Team can spam Abilities, right?

Intensify, Stretch, flow (although flow might not really be necessary) and Streamline are the easiest / common ones to get, intensify from first boss(captain vor), stretch from shockwave moas, flow from grineer butchers, and streamline from grineer lancers. If you can't get them to drop (RNG can be really annoying sometimes)   message me ingame and I can give you some  spares.

Yes the EV build lets you and your team spam abilities

Edited by SolaceonVP

19 minutes ago, polarity said:

There's 2 ways to build a Trinity, but unfortunately, because of how much more you use your abilities when playing a support role than with other classes, they both require pretty high level mods to work well, some from void and more from orokin derelict. (See http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Trinity and click on 'Search Builds'.  Even the 0 forma builds have vault and void mods in them).

I wouldn't call Trinity a good first frame to level with, unless you like doing very little else besides using your abilities, and watching duration timers.  You really need the better mods to save spamming energy vampire repeatedly to cover its cost, and get a good amount of energy returned from it (and at low levels your team's energy use won't be efficient either), and to give your last two abilities enough duration that you aren't constantly refreshing them.  Without that, it can be pretty painful to play, unless you're not actually making use of abilities.

However, don't let that put you off setting yourself the goal of playing a Trinity, it's just that your focus might have to be a little longer term.  You'll have to spend a little time getting the equipment, that can get you the mods, that are needed to make her shine, because when you have a well modded Trinity she progresses from being a button-spamming, buff-micromanagement burden to play, into a truly exceptional frame, that is in constant demand.

Other than buying them with Platinum, the only way to get the core mods you need is to do Orokin Derelict vaults, which are rated level 25-35, but are always done with a full team, because you have to each take one of 4 keys into the mission. The keys have different penalties while you have them, like lower shields, lower health, lower damage, and lower speed.  Survivability being key, your frost will suit you well, and you don't actually need to be well geared to do massive damage, if you pick the slowed or lower damage key.  The other group members will expect you to be lagging behind or not much use in combat, so you can get away with sub-standard gear, so long as you can survive a few hits, or run to cover in order to survive (so focus on tanking and movement speed mods for vault runs).  Another benefit to lower level players doing vaults, is that being slowed or doing less damage isn't as popular a choice, so you'll regularly get to pick those keys.

Trinity can make good use of pretty much all the vault mods, and spares you get are always in demand by other players, so can be sold for platinum for more weapon/warframe slots.

You'll also need to level your mods, which requires fusion cores, or junk mods to fuse into them.  Frost a great frame to farm the excavation on earth with, where you get plenty of mod drops (that your sentinel will hoover up, so you don't miss loads), while Orthos is a good weapon for low level survivals, that also drop a lot of mods (if you get Orthos Prime from the very popular T2 capture and Exterminate missions, it's good up to T3).

Really though, as a newish player, your focus should be on getting the core mods - that are used on pretty much every frame and weapon - fused up to decent levels, as those, more than new equipment, are what determines the level of content you can play. High level Vitality, Redirection, Serration, Pressure Point and Hornet Strike give a new player more return for the mods and credits spent on leveling them, than anything else, until their next level becomes prohibitively expensive.

I read through all of it. Thanks for the tips, but still, I'm hellbent on playing Trinity.
:D

2 minutes ago, SolaceonVP said:

Intensify, Stretch, flow (although flow might not really be necessary) and Streamline are the easiest / common ones to get, if you still need them, message me ingame and I can give you some  spares.

Yes the EV build lets you and your team spam abilities

Thanks. I did Message you in-game.
You're also playing Trinity, wow

Edited by jeof96

Ok sadly most really good Trinity builds require "really hard to get end game mods" but I get where you are coming from best mods to get a decent build with what you have.

She really has a lot of potential. but an EV build requires the "really hard to get End game mods"  and Fleeting expertise and transient fortitude kill the duration to make it effective.

But sadly also with out a lot of the end game mods there are really only one way to build things. that is if you have a reactor if not Just put health continuity and stream line and flow. So I highly advise when you are able to grind some of these "hard to get end game mods" They realy aren't super hard to get it is more the time it takes to get them. like grinding prime parts.

For the time being, you can build a balanced Trinity if you haven't got many mods like all the corrupted mods my fellow Tennos have been listing (Overextended, Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude and that kind of stuff).

If you just own the basic mods (Intensify, Streamline, Continuity, Stretch, Redirection, Vitality), you can still make a pretty viable Trinity. And that's how you're gonna learn to play her. Anyway the specialized builds (based on Energy Vampire or Blessing) are not really necessary until you do hard stuff like T4 survivals that last more than an hour or raids. Once you get to that point in your progression, it is indeed interesting to have those 2 builds ready.

I play a balanced build most of the time - solo, in squads, in sorties - and it performs quite well while being very enjoyable to play with.

Edited by JohnViande

7 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

1.  Who the hell do you think you are, telling him what not to use?  Builds other than Blessing Factory exist.  Take that attitude somewhere else.

2.  There are three 'main' builds for Trinity, and each has a different set of 'essential' mods; depending on what you want to do, those will change, but that list isn't wrong.

3.  That Glaive build is pretty much the standard for Blessing Factory Trinity (more commonly called Bless Trin).

4.  That's a decent EV Trin, but I can do better.

5.  Not a horrible build for Bless Trin, but again, I can do better.

Okay, OP.  Here's what you do.

Start off by getting yourself a few basic mods - the ones that most frames use for one build or another: redirection, vitality, flow, continuity, intensify, streamline, and stretch.  These aren't horribly difficult to acquire, and you should have at least some of those already since you've done the tutorial.

EVERY Trinity build requires Redirection and Flow (preferably Primed Flow if you can get your hands on one, but don't worry about that for now - platinum is something you work toward a little at a time if you're not gonna put money in), and most also require Quick Thinking.

As far as Aura mods go, depending on your build and team, that will change.  You're going to need a Rejuvenation and Physique.

Trinity herself can fill one of three main roles:

EV Trin

Hide contents

Pros - supports her team via energy restoration and overshield production

Cons - damage reduction from her heal won't last very long

Overall Effect - your team will have full energy, so they'll likely spam killframe abilities and clear the map quickly: if you're standing near them you'll get experience, same as they do.  Your heal won't make them invulnerable, but with a little work your reflexes will render that problem mostly irrelevant if your team is halfway decent.

My Personal Opinion - this is my favorite and default Trin build.  EV Prime forever.

Required Mods - Redirection, Flow, Quick Thinking, Fleeting Expertise, Transient Fortitude, Vampire Leech.

Stats You Want - smallest possible duration (13%), good range and strength - your efficiency doesn't need to be high, since you're restoring your own energy.  However, having efficiency below 100% is NEVER recommended on Trinity.

Bless Trin

Hide contents

Pros - supports her team by making them nigh-on invincible

Cons - requires you to properly mod not just Trinity, but a throwing melee (Glaive, Glaive Prime, Kestrel, or Cerata) as well: this is a time-wall for making an effective build, especially for new players.  Overconfidence given from this build can also get you or your squadmates killed, so be careful.

Overall Effect - your team will be taking greatly reduced damage, emboldening them to go kill things.  You'll have to constantly shoot yourself in the foot to make this work, but the effect is invaluable on raids.

My Personal Opinion - I don't much care for Blessing Factory outside of raid, because I don't like shooting myself in the foot to provide a buff I don't need to teammates who can't survive without it: get good scrubs.  That said, on raids I'm playing EV Trin anyway, so I can't actually speak to playing this build during a raid.

Required Mods - Redirection, Flow, Quick Thinking, Continuity, Narrow Minded, Constitution.

Stats You Want - highest possible duration, 125% strength (any less and you don't get full healing, any more and you're wasting mod capacity), your range stat is irrelevant, so don't worry if it goes low - again, efficiency shouldn't be below 100% if at all possible.

Link Trin

Hide contents

Pros - takes considerably less damage from enemies, provided there are enemies in range to take the damage instead; enemies lose a good chunk of their armor

Cons - can get a little bit energy-hungry if you're not careful

Overall Effect - you'll have constant 75% damage reduction, enemies will be killing themselves, and you'll be able to use your newfound non-squishyness to get used to the casting delay on Blessing

My Personal Opinion - this build is FUN, that's all there is to it.  Being a tank is never not enjoyable, especially when you also happen to be the medic.

Required Mods - Redirection, Flow, Quick Thinking, Continuity, Constitution, Stretch.

Stats You Want - high duration and range, 125% strength (for when you have to Bless yourself or others), and efficiency no less than 100%.  Energy hungry, this build is.  Duration is important, but remember that Link only reduces incoming damage if it has a valid target to send the damage to.

I highly recommend experimenting with all three archetypes before deciding on which to play.

If you need help acquiring any of the required mods or advice on how to play the build once you've got it, feel free to send me PM here on the forums or in-game.

I'm on EST (which is EDT right now due to the US being dumb), and am usually online in the afternoon after I get off work.

To pm me in-game, simply type "/w Yzjdriel [message here]" in the chat.  Be sure to mention the forums so I know who you are, and if I'm not in the middle of a mission I'll be glad to help you out.

I really like constructive criticism. Thanks for helping me out.
And big ups to SolaceonVP for the mods you gave. It will help me.

Anyway I'm still using Volt, and I need access to Phobos, but, my current stats won't cut it out, I think.

I think I'll go with the EV build, it seems fun.
Right now I'm on my ship.

3 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Right now I'm on my lunch break at work.  Lol

As for the rest, it's my pleasure to help a fellow Trinity.  XD

Haha, I'm finishing story first, I'm getting dem Archwings atm.

Trinity was my second warframe and I quickly found out she's a bit of a challenge to build well. She benefits greatly from exotic mods and that means a lot of time farming particular enemies and spending a lot of time looking for vaults in the void. A LOT of time...

There are a couple of ways to play her with a few variations on a particular theme, but it comes down to energy battery or tank 'frame. I subscribe to the latter and build accordingly.

Mostly, it's about duration and range. You do have to meet a minimum power requirement to make sure blessing can fully heal in one cast, but then it's all about range (link) and duration (everything). This is a reactive/front line build and assumes your teammates aren't going full retard (not a good assumption in PuGs, but it's what I like, so they adjust or fail).

Essentially, you power yourself and your team with EV (cast and kill) and keep yourself going by keeping up a long ranged link and daring the enemy to do anything about it (hint: they mostly can't). Hopefully, your team has some sense of self-preservation and actually keeps on eye on their buffs. When they get in trouble, it's blessing time and if done correctly, they'll have about 20-odd seconds to retrench or go on a rampage. You as Trinity can only hope they choose wisely...

40 minutes ago, JohnViande said:

For the time being, you can build a balanced Trinity if you haven't got many mods like all the corrupted mods my fellow Tennos have been listing (Overextended, Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude and that kind of stuff).

If you just own the basic mods (Intensify, Streamline, Continuity, Stretch, Redirection, Vitality), you can still make a pretty viable Trinity. And that's how you're gonna learn to play her. Anyway the specialized builds (based on Energy Vampire or Blessing) are not really necessary until you do hard stuff like T4 survivals that last more than an hour or raids. Once you get to that point in your progression, it is indeed interesting to have those 2 builds ready.

I play a balanced build most of the time - solo, in squads, in sorties - and it performs quite well while being very enjoyable to play with.

How do you build a balanced build I have heard of it but never understood how it would work can you please explain the mods used? (can include corrupted and others)

8 minutes ago, Weaponire said:

How do you build a balanced build I have heard of it but never understood how it would work can you please explain the mods used? (can include corrupted and others)

Basically I just try to have a bit of everything with an emphasis on duration because of Link and Blessing. I'm not in game right now but if I remember correctly I have something like 183% duration / 145% range/ 145% power / 130% power efficiency.

And I use:

- Aura: Corrosive projection

- Exilus: Power drift

- Primed continuity / Constitution / Quick Thinking / Streamline / Stretch / Primed Flow / Intensify / and in the last slot that depends on my mood: Vampire leech/Abating link/Natural talent/Rage

Of course that's just how I play it but it can be tweaked. Like using Blind rage instead of Intensify. Efficiency is usually not a big problem for Trin.

Every ability can be used that way. There's enough duration for well of life, link and blessing. EV still has an acceptable range but you don't use it like in an EV build: you need to kill the enemy to release the excess of energy right away. And blessing's there to save your team when you're in trouble, but you need to be aware of your health and your teammates' health because it's not as easy to play as in a full Blessing build.

2. Buy or farm mods : Blind Rage, Overextended, Transient Fortitude, Intensify, Fleeting Expertise, Streamline, Stretch, Primed Flow, Primed Continuity, Narrow Minded, Constitution, Enemy Sense, Corrosive Projection, Quick Thinking, Astral Twilight, Fever Strike, Quick Return, Virulent Scourge, Primed Reach, Whirlwind...

3. Build your Glaive like this : Astral Twilight, Fever Strike, Pressure Point, Fury, Primed Reach, Power Throw, Whirlwind, Virulent Scourge, Quick Return.

4. Build your energy suppoter Trinity like this : Corrosive Projection, Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude, Overextended, Fleeting Expertise, Primed Flow, Enemy Sense, Stretch, Cunning Rift or Quick Thinking or Vampire Leech.

5. Build your immortal team Trinity like this : Corrosive Projection, Quick Thinking, Primed Flow, Primed Continuity, Constitution, Narrow Minded, Streamline, Enemy Sense, Intensify, Stretch or Rage or Intruder.

Have fun ;)

Edited by (PS4)Bosnia_Akhalar

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Bosnia_Akhalar said:

Have fun ;)

1.  Who the hell do you think you are, telling him what not to use?  Builds other than Blessing Factory exist.  Take that attitude somewhere else.

2.  There are three 'main' builds for Trinity, and each has a different set of 'essential' mods; depending on what you want to do, those will change, but that list isn't wrong.

3.  That Glaive build is pretty much the standard for Blessing Factory Trinity (more commonly called Bless Trin).

4.  That's a decent EV Trin, but I can do better.

5.  Not a horrible build for Bless Trin, but again, I can do better.

Okay, OP.  Here's what you do.

Start off by getting yourself a few basic mods - the ones that most frames use for one build or another: redirection, vitality, flow, continuity, intensify, streamline, and stretch.  These aren't horribly difficult to acquire, and you should have at least some of those already since you've done the tutorial.

EVERY Trinity build requires Redirection and Flow (preferably Primed Flow if you can get your hands on one, but don't worry about that for now - platinum is something you work toward a little at a time if you're not gonna put money in), and most also require Quick Thinking.

As far as Aura mods go, depending on your build and team, that will change.  You're going to need a Rejuvenation and Physique.

Trinity herself can fill one of three main roles:

EV Trin

Spoiler

Pros - supports her team via energy restoration and overshield production

Cons - damage reduction from her heal won't last very long

Overall Effect - your team will have full energy, so they'll likely spam killframe abilities and clear the map quickly: if you're standing near them you'll get experience, same as they do.  Your heal won't make them invulnerable, but with a little work your reflexes will render that problem mostly irrelevant if your team is halfway decent.

My Personal Opinion - this is my favorite and default Trin build.  EV Prime forever.

Required Mods - Redirection, Flow, Quick Thinking, Fleeting Expertise, Transient Fortitude, Vampire Leech.

Stats You Want - smallest possible duration (13%), good range and strength - your efficiency doesn't need to be high, since you're restoring your own energy.  However, having efficiency below 100% is NEVER recommended on Trinity.

Bless Trin

Spoiler

Pros - supports her team by making them nigh-on invincible

Cons - requires you to properly mod not just Trinity, but a throwing melee (Glaive, Glaive Prime, Kestrel, or Cerata) as well: this is a time-wall for making an effective build, especially for new players.  Overconfidence given from this build can also get you or your squadmates killed, so be careful.

Overall Effect - your team will be taking greatly reduced damage, emboldening them to go kill things.  You'll have to constantly shoot yourself in the foot to make this work, but the effect is invaluable on raids.

My Personal Opinion - I don't much care for Blessing Factory outside of raid, because I don't like shooting myself in the foot to provide a buff I don't need to teammates who can't survive without it: get good scrubs.  That said, on raids I'm playing EV Trin anyway, so I can't actually speak to playing this build during a raid.

Required Mods - Redirection, Flow, Quick Thinking, Continuity, Narrow Minded, Constitution.

Stats You Want - highest possible duration, 125% strength (any less and you don't get full healing, any more and you're wasting mod capacity), your range stat is irrelevant, so don't worry if it goes low - again, efficiency shouldn't be below 100% if at all possible.

Link Trin

Spoiler

Pros - takes considerably less damage from enemies, provided there are enemies in range to take the damage instead; enemies lose a good chunk of their armor

Cons - can get a little bit energy-hungry if you're not careful

Overall Effect - you'll have constant 75% damage reduction, enemies will be killing themselves, and you'll be able to use your newfound non-squishyness to get used to the casting delay on Blessing

My Personal Opinion - this build is FUN, that's all there is to it.  Being a tank is never not enjoyable, especially when you also happen to be the medic.

Required Mods - Redirection, Flow, Quick Thinking, Continuity, Constitution, Stretch.

Stats You Want - high duration and range, 125% strength (for when you have to Bless yourself or others), and efficiency no less than 100%.  Energy hungry, this build is.  Duration is important, but remember that Link only reduces incoming damage if it has a valid target to send the damage to.

I highly recommend experimenting with all three archetypes before deciding on which to play.

If you need help acquiring any of the required mods or advice on how to play the build once you've got it, feel free to send me PM here on the forums or in-game.

I'm on EST (which is EDT right now due to the US being dumb), and am usually online in the afternoon after I get off work.

To pm me in-game, simply type "/w Yzjdriel [message here]" in the chat.  Be sure to mention the forums so I know who you are, and if I'm not in the middle of a mission I'll be glad to help you out.