Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Beacons Remove Assassin Marks?

Homer87

I would like to pose a question to anyone who is reading this - Should assassin beacons remove marks? I did the sortie with the assassination mission for Hek, and got a mark afterwards (which is weird, seeing as I farmed Hydroid without getting a mark, but let's run with that). I went in to a random mission, and used my Stalker beacon to call him out. After killing him, I checked my profile twice, once in the mission and once outside of the mission and saw that I'm still marked by the Stalker.

Because of the mechanics surrounding him and fighting him effectively, that means that I am effectively gimped when it comes to leveling multiple weapons. My thing about it was, "yeah, come settle your petty squabble with me, so I can get on to leveling my gear for different challenges". Personally, I think it should remove the marks, as you are already fighting them anyway, and having the beacons is an opportunity to rush the fight. Unless you're farming anything in specific from them, I don't see much of a use for the beacons.

I'm also posing this question to those that are marked by G3 and Zanuka as well. What do you think?

You do lose a mark when you use your beacons. Stalker marks can stack so you did remove a mark but you probably had another for killing other bosses. G3 and Zanuka marks don't stack though so if you use the beacon you will lose your mark if you had one. 

Just now, RideaTear said:

You do lose a mark when you use your beacons. Stalker marks can stack so you did remove a mark but you probably had another for killing other bosses. G3 and Zanuka marks don't stack though so if you use the beacon you will lose your mark if you had one. 

I can confirm at least from my own experience that it doesn't - I didn't have a mark before going to Hek.

1 minute ago, Homer87 said:

I can confirm at least from my own experience that it doesn't - I didn't have a mark before going to Hek.

From wiki: 

About Beacons: This allows players to summon assassins regardless of faction type or Death Mark availability (though players will still consume a Death Mark if they use a Beacon when they have a Death Mark).

• About Stalker: Death marks given upon killing a boss can stack.

In my experience this is true

Just now, RideaTear said:

From wiki: 

In my experience this is true

Ok. If the wiki says it, then maybe it's just bugged or something. Anyway, the issue wasn't whether or not the marks I have could stack - they did not, as I didn't have a mark before going into fight Hek, then had a mark when I finished the mission. So it was one mark.